Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2017, 09:39 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Yes, this is a real thing.

And, yes, people of your generation are guilty of it as well.
What percentage would you say are of the completely rude variety and yes, I am aware that people of my generation have/do this, I'm just saying in my sphere it's unheard of. Wasn't a blanket statement, I took careful measures to say it was in my little world and the people I know(n).

Old 03-25-2017, 09:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Majority of women out there are idiots.

Majority of men are idiots.

Welcome to dating. Thia shouldn't be a surprise. Both sides have different problems. Boo hoo.
This is how I have always seen it there are dumbasses in both genders who act like absolute idiots. But everyone wants to be a victim nowadays.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hi and dick pics are not the same.lol!
It seems, a lot of women on OLD put "Hi" it in the same folder as "creepy/ you ugly chicken-head of a man" Lol

Ill remember, if I ever do OLD, I wont be sending any "Hi/Hello" messages.

I'll have a better chance sending them my Hawaiian style spam/eggs, and rice recipe as my introduction

Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Yes, this is a real thing.

And, yes, people of your generation are guilty of it as well.
Lol, yeah. No one wants to think their generation is guilty of encouraging grade A asshattery with peak entitlement complex. Yeah, that's so a young gen x and y thing. A culture among countless cultures that upholds some pretty backward and antiquated views about women and their role/place in the world.

I came across plenty of 40-somethings who behaved this way. Some even felt the need to lecture me on why I needed to know their friend Jesus and how it would help me in becoming a godly woman. I did make sure to school these asshats for their complete and utter foolishness.

The young ones learn it from somewhere.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:50 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What percentage would you say are of the completely rude variety and yes, I am aware that people of my generation have/do this, I'm just saying in my sphere it's unheard of. Wasn't a blanket statement, I took careful measures to say it was in my little world and the people I know(n).
I never kept count. But if I had to guess, somewhere between 10 and 15 percent of total messages received.

But here's the thing though. The way I see it, once someone starts to ask about numbers or percentages, it discounts the experience. That, for whatever reason, it shouldn't be an issue because it's not up to whatever percentage of total messages. The fact that it happens at all should be accepted without questions implying that "it might not be as bad as you are saying".

The close cousin of this experience is the one where the other person literally goes off the rails after receiving a "no thanks" to their messages. Some of the foulest things I've ever heard were in this context. Thankfully, it didn't happen all that often, but the important issue is that it even happened at all.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It seems, a lot of women on OLD put "Hi" it in the same folder as "creepy/ you ugly chicken-head of a man" Lol

Ill remember, if I ever do OLD, I wont be sending any "Hi/Hello" messages.

I'll have a better chance sending them my Hawaiian style spam/eggs, and rice recipe as my introduction
Lead with talk of Star Wars, HC. Discuss Star Wars canon. That'll spark their interest.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:57 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
I never kept count. But if I had to guess, somewhere between 10 and 15 percent of total messages received.

But here's the thing though. The way I see it, once someone starts to ask about numbers or percentages, it discounts the experience. That, for whatever reason, it shouldn't be an issue because it's not up to whatever percentage of total messages. The fact that it happens at all should be accepted without questions implying that "it might not be as bad as you are saying".

The close cousin of this experience is the one where the other person literally goes off the rails after receiving a "no thanks" to their messages. Some of the foulest things I've ever heard were in this context. Thankfully, it didn't happen all that often, but the important issue is that it even happened at all.
I ask percentages because in life no matter what you're going to have fringe elements that skew a perfect so to speak rating. There will always be the odd ball situations that messes things up.

So to me 10 to 15 percent while not good, most likely falls into that "your always going to have nut bags" metric. It's probably a bit more than acceptable, but whatever, I don't view things in black and white but levels. I mean this applies across all situations, you are always going to have outliers that pull down the "norm" if that makes any sense.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:04 PM

540 posts, read 362,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Lead with talk of Star Wars, HC. Discuss Star Wars canon. That'll spark their interest.

Star wars?

Star Trek DS9
That's where it's at

Old 03-25-2017, 10:05 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Yeah, that will get me some online dating play. Lol

Ive never known or dated a woman that like Star Wars.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
Star wars?

Star Trek DS9
That's where it's at
Next Generation all the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah, that will get me some online dating play. Lol

Ive never known or dated a woman that like Star Wars.
Really? We're out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships