Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 10:50 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times

Advertisements

The local Piggly Wiggly.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:17 PM

69 posts, read 41,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd be surprised how in-demand American women are in various parts of the world.
Yes I heard all about those sincere algerians and morrocans being super attracted to old western women. Their marriages always tend to last a long time don't they?

Old 04-04-2017, 01:01 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
OP is Ukrainian. He's probably not too keen on Russian women at the moment. You'd be surprised how in-demand American women are in various parts of the world. It's actually a thing. Has been for a long time. Maybe if you ask some of those foreign dudes, they'll let you in on the secret.
They're nowhere near as in demand as American men though. I don't know any woman that's married a guy from another country but it's very common for men.

A lot of American women generally only want to marry up, and within their own race, so it's not like some poor Russian dude is a hot number for them. Otherwise, you would see it way more often.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:24 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
They're nowhere near as in demand as American men though. I don't know any woman that's married a guy from another country but it's very common for men.

A lot of American women generally only want to marry up, and within their own race, so it's not like some poor Russian dude is a hot number for them. Otherwise, you would see it way more often.
HYPERGAMY!

Actually, I saw it quite a bit of Am.women/Slavic male marriages among students of E European languages who went on study-abroad programs in Russia. It became more frequent after 1990. A lot of women give no thought to "marrying up". It simply doesn't occur to them, especially in their 20's.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:16 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
HYPERGAMY!

Actually, I saw it quite a bit of Am.women/Slavic male marriages among students of E European languages who went on study-abroad programs in Russia. It became more frequent after 1990. A lot of women give no thought to "marrying up". It simply doesn't occur to them, especially in their 20's.
Hypergamy is totally rational behavior. "In their 20's" if you mean 20, sure. 29? The economic prospects of a potential spouse start mattering more.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:59 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
He wants to be Pitbull

Old 04-05-2017, 05:58 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
The goal is to communicate online and maybe a real meeting.
Your goals are absurd.

Find an actual alive women and talk to them in person.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:04 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Why do you look and dress like Russian mafia? Grow some hair, put on some jeans and a T-shirt, and then you'll meet American women. And take off those ridiculous glasses! Get some wire-rim Ray-Bans, if you must wear sunglasses.
That's how all the cool Europeans dress...thinking they look like ubercool Americans. I've found that most Europeans haven't progressed past dance/disco - always a good 30 years behind. But the OP is into "the King" so I'm not sure what that means.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:42 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times
I've mentioned before, hit a local NA meeting. Get those newcomers while they're still skinny!

Old 04-05-2017, 08:18 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

While I think you are right that American men are more in demand (just going by the whole mail order bride business anyway), American women are too. I think the main reason you (personally) don't see them is because you live in the US. I don't know a single woman who married a foreign man that didn't move to that man's country. I have a friend who married a Canadian man and moved to Canada, a friend who married a British man and moved to Scotland and on the flip side, I have a male friend who married an Australian woman and they stayed here and an uncle who married a Japanese woman and stayed here.

If I had to guess at a reason women move to the husband's country it would be the combination of child care and jobs. Usually woman take off for maternity leave and the man works while this happens so the family has an income. So it makes financial sense for a family to be in a place where the father's career will be most stable. It would really stink and put a young family in dire straights if a man couldn't get work as a foreigner the same time his wife is out of work on bed rest or recovering from a C section... or later on when someone has to be out of work to take care of the baby until it's old enough to go to daycare (if at all).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships