Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 06:08 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times

Advertisements

I try to just choose to be always happy. So if I am in a relationship with a man that is always around, and we go and do fun things... I am happy.

Sounds great? Right up until they say that they are not happy with me as a person and can't see spending their lives with me. So I do not bring joy to other people.

Is it a case of I won't bring joy to anyone or do men have some crazy expectations of changing me when they meet me, then getting discouraged when I don't cooperate? Is it a myth that someone is out there for everyone?

Is it possible that someone that actively seeks a relationship will never find one?

I polled some exes this morning and the consensus is that I am uncompromising and one way. What type of guy is good with this trait?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 06:10 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I polled some exes this morning and the consensus is that I am uncompromising and one way. What type of guy is good with this trait?

One with no backbone.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:16 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
Very few people -- men or women -- are comfortable with a partner who is uncompromising. Successful relationships generally involve compromise.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:18 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
The guy who is so milquetoast that you'd have absolutely no interest in him.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:22 AM

So I guess the better question is how does one be more compromising? Like how do you sit through a Star Trek movie when you hate and can't comprehend what is even happing in this movie about another world?

Old 04-13-2017, 06:23 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
I try to just choose to be always happy. So if I am in a relationship with a man that is always around, and we go and do fun things... I am happy.

Sounds great? Right up until they say that they are not happy with me as a person and can't see spending their lives with me. So I do not bring joy to other people.

Is it a case of I won't bring joy to anyone or do men have some crazy expectations of changing me when they meet me, then getting discouraged when I don't cooperate? Is it a myth that someone is out there for everyone?

Is it possible that someone that actively seeks a relationship will never find one?

If a bloke doesn't like particular trait about yourself for whatever reason then that's only HIS preference and not everyone's

Depends on what the reason is.......What are they trying to change about you that you won't compromise on? Is it something specific about yourself or something that might effect the relationship ( i.e. The both of you )?

Old 04-13-2017, 06:52 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:

Would you be good with someone with those traits?

Old 04-13-2017, 06:55 AM

I was told not affection enough, too needy, too affectionate, bossy, uncompromising and one way...

I polled some exes this morning. ��

Old 04-13-2017, 06:57 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
So I guess the better question is how does one be more compromising? Like how do you sit through a Star Trek movie when you hate and can't comprehend what is even happing in this movie about another world?
If you are in a relationship then it's nice to do something your SO might want to do and unfortunately at times you have to grin and bare it

Old 04-13-2017, 06:59 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Quote:
Step 1: realize that, in any relationship, it ain't all about you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships