Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 01:20 PM

926 posts, read 673,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I have had a number of exes urge me to audtion for radio (never TV) work. One of them nicknamed me "The Voice". And there have been a couple of wrong numbers where the woman on the other end kept me on the line a bit longer than is customary. The cake taker happened just the other day... I was shopping with my wife in our big box supermarket/home improvement/auto-parts/bait & tackle, superstore, and I was discussing Avocados with her. All of a sudden a woman leans in and say's "do you sing?". No excuse me or anything, just "do you sing?" I'm like..."kind of, why?". I actually more than 'kind of' sing, but... wth?? She says..."your voice... its so deep and resonant... its very soothing... I like it". My wife isn't saying a word all this time. Neither am I. She rarely shops. I usually have to do it all by myself. I think that's about to change...
Hehe....you must have quite an awesome voice to cause those different types of reactions in people! Just be grateful you don't sound like Mickey Mouse lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 02:10 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
There are voices I like. But sadly, the men with them weren't always attractive, in terms of looks. So I am very careful of thinking that a sexy voice comes attached to a sexy man. lol

I find deeper voices attractive, especially with certain accents. Omar Sy is an example. He played Barry in Jurassic World.

The voice doesn't have to be James Earl Jones deep. But I wouldn't be interested in a voice that sounds like Steve Urkel, or Spongebob either.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:14 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
There are voices I like. But sadly, the men with them weren't always attractive, in terms of looks. So I am very careful of thinking that a sexy voice comes attached to a sexy man. lol
People don't listen to the radio so much anymore, but I remeber being shocked several times seeing a picture of a DJ whose voice made you imagine Joe Mangianello but who actually looked like Danny DeVito.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Have any of you ever met or dated someone of the opposite gender (or talked to them over the phone) and the moment you heard their voice, you were immediately attracted to them?

This has happened to me only once in my life, and I gotta say, when it did happen, the guy in question wasn't necessarily attractive in the universal sense...but, that didn't matter to me. All I knew, was that I was immediately and strangely attracted to him and I felt drawn to him because of that attraction - it was as if I had felt immediate chemistry with someone I didn't even know, just because of the sound of their voice!

Is it possible to become physically/sexually attracted to someone - regardless of what they look like - just by how their voice sounds to you? Has this ever happened to you? If so, how did you react and what did you do about it?
Nope, never.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:34 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
This thread reminds me of the expression that "men fall in love with their eyes, and women fall in love with their ears". It holds true for me. Voice is an important element of attraction for me.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:38 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
People don't listen to the radio so much anymore, but I remeber being shocked several times seeing a picture of a DJ whose voice made you imagine Joe Mangianello but who actually looked like Danny DeVito.
Yeah, always shocking, or disappointing. Like some who watch something animated. LOVE the voice coming from the character, then you see the VA, and eh. Can happen with men and women. Great voices, but not-so-great visage.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:50 PM

926 posts, read 673,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Yeah, always shocking, or disappointing. Like some who watch something animated. LOVE the voice coming from the character, then you see the VA, and eh. Can happen with men and women. Great voices, but not-so-great visage.
Yep, this is very true...but, it can also happen the other way too! I remember once when I was at TGIFridays with my friends and we noticed this hot guy sitting near our table. We were checking him out and enjoying the view lol until he started talking to the people he was with. His voice was too high pitched and sounded somewhat nasally. That killed the attraction for me. I can get past a so-so voice or a voice that's not as deep as I like...but, I just can't deal with a guy (no matter how hot he is) that has a squeaky high voice...nope.

For me, a guy who has a medium-deep (and nicely resonating) voice is part of my attraction to him, in addition to how cute/hot he is and his personality.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:48 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Nope...

Although I've run across a few with really cool accents...

Oh.. and I had a small crush on a girl a long time ago in H.S. because she could sing really well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships