Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 07:45 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yes this is me. I miss wearing a pretty ring and my fingers feel bland. Diamonds just happened to be my everyday jewelry because they are so pretty.
"Diamonds are forever, they are all I need to please "meeeeee"."

Hope you'll be happy with the eventual redone diamond ring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 07:46 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,903 times
Quote:
Well it does actually. Men & Women are very different and I do want to hear opinions from men.
Consider I know both men and women perspective if that helps.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:53 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Consider I know both men and women perspective if that helps.
Um I am a very tomboyish woman and I still won't take credit for knowing a mans perspective...

Old 05-17-2017, 11:52 AM

So anyone else have thoughts on a woman wearing a diamond ring on her right hand?

Old 05-17-2017, 12:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Three days ago I lost my beloved and cherished wife suddenly and without warning to pneumonia at age 68. I still have not removed my wedding band and have no intention of doing so. I consider myself still married to her and always will. She didn't want an engagement ring but adored the clear and black diamond wedding band I gave her. It's now suspended by a long chain around my neck so it's next to my heart where it will remain until I join her.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:15 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
I have been debating this for a few years in my own head, but maybe I need some opinions. It could be a relationship or Fashion topic, but think relationship might be the better fit.

After my relationship with my sons father ended, I was left with a beautiful diamond engagement ring, diamond band and a men's diamond band.

I would like to trade in the two wedding bands, to have the diamond engagement ring turned into a diamond everyday ring for my right hand. Would this be acceptable? Is there any reason it would be inappropriate or give the wrong impression.

I am not remarried. This would be a ring that would have a 1 carat center diamond. I love this diamond. It is near perfect, certified and complete with a serial number, so I do want to keep the actual diamond. I am just missing wearing it and would rather not have it spend its days locked away.

So any thoughts?
I know several women who had their wedding/engagement jewelry re-designed

Old 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Three days ago I lost my beloved and cherished wife suddenly and without warning to pneumonia at age 68. I still have not removed my wedding band and have no intention of doing so. I consider myself still married to her and always will. She didn't want an engagement ring but adored the clear and black diamond wedding band I gave her. It's now suspended by a long chain around my neck so it's next to my heart where it will remain until I join her.
Sorry for your loss. Although she no longer physically surround you, but you can be assure that her energy still revolve around you. Think about what makes us who we are. The flesh and blood we have is a way for us to get around and communicate, but when that physical body deteriorate, it doesn't mean the thought is no longer there. I believe it takes energy to form thoughts, and I don't think energy would ever fade or simply vanish.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:45 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
I see nothing wrong with it. Hopefully any future prospective husband will not think that he needs to compete with that diamond, if he isn't able to offer you a comparable one.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I see nothing wrong with it. Hopefully any future prospective husband will not think that he needs to compete with that diamond, if he isn't able to offer you a comparable one.
And that would be one of my concerns. I would not want any future husband to feel that way, nor would I expect an equivalent ring.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I'm so very sorry for your loss

My mom passed away almost 5 years ago. My dad still wears his wedding band and mom's ring is on a chain around his neck and the same as you, will remain there until he joins her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships