Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 01:22 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
...Sounds like you could use some tough love too honestly
Nope. My life is exactly where it needs to be, and I don't have any self-righteous jerks passing judgment on how I live it.

And I find it sad when I see people who think that it is better to be in a relationship where is fighting, disagreements and stress rather than being alone and being able to breathe easy every morning when they wake up because they know they aren't waking up to more rehashing the same old BS argument for the 1,000 time. The first time the bf started his crap and then didn't listen when told to stop should have been the end of the relationship.

There isn't a man on this planet good enough for me to trade in that kind of mental solitude and peace.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:25 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
I didn't read everything here but in my long life I don't find the male very considerate of their females in their lives. There are exceptions of course, but this is a strong sign if you get into a sealed paper thing. But when they are not well etc...what cry babies.

Driving and distractions can = danger. When I think of the accidents today with the texting crap...good grief. Sorry for what you are living with.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:27 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
I'd have left this fool long ago. Toodles.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:31 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
You poor thing. I really do feel for you. What happened to you is terrible.
I totaled my car and the 4 door Ford F-150 I hit smack dab on the doors.
It was awful, it felt like I had been stabbed and I couldn't breathe well.

I broke my back (L1 vertebrae), my chest and the head trauma. I have two rods and seven screws and 5 levels of vertebrae surgically fused together.

I deal with IBS, PTSD, chronic pain and spinal cord damage.
I can't sit, stand or anything for long or my legs fall asleep and ache.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:46 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,191,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I totaled my car and the 4 door Ford F-150 I hit smack dab on the doors.
It was awful, it felt like I had been stabbed and I couldn't breathe well.

I broke my back (L1 vertebrae), my chest and the head trauma. I have two rods and seven screws and 5 levels of vertebrae surgically fused together.

I deal with IBS, PTSD, chronic pain and spinal cord damage.
I can't sit, stand or anything for long or my legs fall asleep and ache.
I know you do. **** is not fair. Nobody really understands what you're going through unless they've been through something similar themselves.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:19 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

And no I live in an old house that was passed down to her when my great grandmother passed away.

We live together there.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-08-2017 at 08:53 PM..

Old 06-07-2017, 05:05 PM

735 posts, read 453,095 times
From what you said, he seems like a very inconsiderate man. You're better off with someone who cares about you, not to make your life worse as it is.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:46 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
I can't add much to what others have said here, but I am very sorry for what you're going through.

We speak of how great it would be to vanish certain diseases from the world, and while that's true - it would be wonderful if cancer, heart disease, dementia, all vanished - if we could just get rid of chronic pain and all the horrible effects that go with it, the world would also be a better place for all.

I know words don't mean much, but I am sorry, and I hope you can find somebody else who treats you right.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:52 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
She's not doing anything to help her situation but complaining. My brother in-law still hits the gym and watches his diet, and he's missing an entire leg that got blown off in Iraq and has less than 70% breathing capacity from a throat injury. Sorry, but I can relate more with the BF. There's nothing more awful to watch than seeing someone give up, which is what this young woman has done.

If she needs attention, she should buy a selfi-stick and go to town on Facebook, but if she wants sound advice, I gave it to her.......Sounds like you could use some tough love too honestly
With all due respect jrt, you have no idea of her situation. Not all injuries heal the same. Not everyone can just "man up!" and move on. All we have to go on is an internet post; it is very telling when people immediately jump in to blame the victim, and then try to justify such a response with "tough love" or some other chest-beating silliness. Somewhere along the line, spitting in people's face and telling them to "toughen up!" has been elevated to "sage advise" - it's not. It's nothing but a meaningless, canned response that just makes the guy saying it look "tough" to a nation obsessed with "being tough."

That mindset is all over the place these days - get laid off? You deserve it! Get mangled in a car-crash? Tough luck! And so on... non-helpful nonsense based on assumptions, not facts, and a lingering need to believe the world is just and people get what they deserve. They often don't.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:53 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I guess I'm a little confused on the symptoms you had before the accident and then the ones that were added post accident, but I guess the bottom line question is:

Why do you stay with him?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships