Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:58 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I would avoid anyone bipolar in debt or not.
Any known mental illness is cause for avoidance. I actually ask early on what types of prescriptions people take on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 11:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I actually ask early on what types of prescriptions people take on a daily basis.

Haha, yeah, ok. Good one.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:28 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Any known mental illness is cause for avoidance. I actually ask early on what types of prescriptions people take on a daily basis.
And I would tell you I take 40 milligrams of none of your business. And then if you had a problem with that, I'd tell you I take 60 milligrams of go to hell. Because it is none of your business. I feel like if I'm in the early stuages of dating someone, it's none of their business if I take prescriptions or not. If I felt someone was asking for the purpose of screening me, I would tell them to go pound sand. And that's the nicest way I would say it. I also feel it's none of your business what my credit report is, unless we start getting serious or perhaps move in together or maybe not even until we're talking about the possibility of becoming married.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Haha, yeah, ok. Good one.
What do you expect here?

Old 07-03-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
What do you expect here?

Oh, the standard pushing the level of absurdity, of course.

Bold played Rev Fest this weekend. I need to make it to one of those.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh, the standard pushing the level of absurdity, of course.
It's actually hilarious. This is the same poster that claimed to have expensive taste in jewelry and wouldn't accept a cheap ring. Now they want access to credit reports and demand no debt.

Bold played Rev Fest this weekend. I need to make it to one of those.
I was there! My soon to be wife has family in Southern California, so I figured we'd go that week, so I could attend the event. Saw Youth Of Today, Into Another, Burn, Judge and Gorilla Biscuits too!

Meh. I messed up the quotes. That's the second time I've done that already because I'm posting on my phone and why I usually don't post on it.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I was there! My soon to be wife has family in Southern California, so I figured we'd go that week, so I could attend the event. Saw Youth Of Today, Into Another, Burn, Judge and Gorilla Biscuits too!

Oh nice, I heard the YOT set was excellent.

Heard Into Another was spot on too. I haven't seen them since Tony died/they reformed.

I loved the CIV florida style jerseys that were being sold.

I'd totally just go ape on the special edition covers... haha.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:39 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
If I felt someone was asking for the purpose of screening me, I would tell them to go pound sand.
What do you expect here?
It's less about them asking than you being honest and open about YOUR issues.
The things that YOU KNOW would be of concern to anyone considering getting involved with you.
Whatever your particular issues might be (and everyone has some issues).

The asking part comes when Jane continually avoids revealing her stuff to Dick...
and/or when what she did say is later shown to be less than accurate.

Quote:
...unless we start getting serious or perhaps move in together
or maybe not even until we're talking about the possibility of becoming married.
Nope. That's too late to learn or have the dirty laundry revealed.

Dating? Having sex and taking weekends at the beach? Okay.
But signing leases or changing addresses? Nope... not without more background.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:54 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
I ask. I also view their credit reports before I get to invested. But it is important to me to date someone that has similar views on money as I have. I have had to many reckless spenders to deal with that going forward.
Quote:
Credit reports? A list of prescriptions? Boy, you sure do act entitled. How long after you start dating someone do you ask all this stuff? I have a credit score over 800 and am on no prescription drugs whatsoever. But I would take offense to anyone I was dating bringing this stuff up. Unless I have an illness that they need to know about, I won't tell them what drugs I'm on. But if it was stuff like cholesterol or blood pressure meds, I wouldn't hide that I'm on them either. And until we're buying a house together or something along those lines, I won't be showing them my credit report. I can see now why some people are single.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
It's less about them asking than you being honest and open about YOUR issues.
The things that YOU KNOW would be of concern to anyone considering getting involved with you.
Whatever your particular issues might be (and everyone has some issues).

The asking part comes when Jane continually avoids revealing her stuff to Dick...
and/or when what she did say is later shown to be less than accurate.

Nope. That's too late to learn or have the dirty laundry revealed.

Dating? Having sex and taking weekends at the beach? Okay.
But signing leases or changing addresses? Nope... not without more background.
Dating, having sex, taking weekends at the beach, etc, is precisely my point here. The poster I was replying to seemed to indicate that she asks quite early on and it would seem during all that, if not on the first or second date.

And when I said moving in, of course I mean before the lease is signed and the actual move is made.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Dating, having sex, taking weekends at the beach, etc, is precisely my point here. The poster I was replying to seemed to indicate that she asks quite early on and it would seem during all that, if not on the first or second date.

And when I said moving in, of course I mean before the lease is signed and the actual move is made.

Having sex on the beach is a great second date. The only downside is the sand in the blanket and having to go to a Laundromat after, now that I bought a place I don't want that sand in my washing machine. #gettingold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships