Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 02:17 PM

358 posts, read 208,126 times

Advertisements

WE spoke about female hypergamy and 80/20 rule for the last few days. Here is a video of a post wall lady who explains it in a shirt video clip. Mods, I hope this is ok to share, I'm not promoting videos just posting for the sake of discussion. Please remove if not ok, thanks

https://youtu.be/1Fs2Khun-qY

Discuss

Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,039 times
So in other words, women want the best possible scenario...like men.

What is there to discuss?

Old 08-17-2017, 02:31 PM

Everyone wants the best they can get, that's quite normal and always has been. However, when traditional family unit (pre frivorce) was the norm for most, pretty much most men (even the average guys) had no problem finding a woman to marry. So for example, to me - that's an interesting discussion of why that has changed and what other forces are at play here. I'm perfectly fine if the topic doesn't interest you.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:41 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
The video is vapid cr@p. I couldn't sit through it. And where, lately, has hypergamy been discussed on this forum? Who is this "we" who's been discussing hypergamy and the 80/20 rule? WE here on C-D haven't been. We buried those topics a couple of years ago.

Men didn't have trouble finding women to marry "before", in large part because there weren't a lot of good job opportunities for women. Now women have similar careers to men, so they don't need to marry a meal ticket. They provide their own meals and roof over their heads. Ergo, hypergamy is dead. It's obsolete.

Well, not completely; now it's the guys without much higher education, the guys who are in construction and contracting, who are hypergamous, looking to marry the lawyer, engineer, college professor and other women in the professions.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
Everyone wants the best they can get, that's quite normal and always has been. However, when traditional family unit (pre frivorce) was the norm for most, pretty much most men (even the average guys) had no problem finding a woman to marry. So for example, to me - that's an interesting discussion of why that has changed and what other forces are at play here. I'm perfectly fine if the topic doesn't interest you.
Now that you mention it. Change is always interesting.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The video is vapid cr@p. I couldn't sit through it. And where, lately, has hypergamy been discussed on this forum? Who is this "we" who's been discussing hypergamy and the 80/20 rule? WE here on C-D haven't been. We buried those topics a couple of years ago.

Men didn't have trouble finding women to marry "before", in large part because there weren't a lot of good job opportunities for women. Now women have similar careers to men, so they don't need to marry a meal ticket. They provide their own meals and roof over their heads. Ergo, hypergamy is dead. It's obsolete.

Well, not completely; now it's the guys without much higher education, the guys who are in construction and contracting, who are hypergamous, looking to marry the lawyer, engineer, college professor and other women in the professions.
Oh, the 80/20 rule discussion has been popping up in at least one thread, particularly the one with modern men having trouble with dating.

And there have always been men having trouble, even "before". It was just different. The changes that occurred throughout the years is an interesting discussion.

Another thing us men can be discussing is what we can do about it (for ourselves).

Old 08-17-2017, 03:01 PM

In this day and age, I believe that it is important for us (men and women) to find a sense of value for ourselves and some kind of way to be fulfilled because we are not guaranteed a relationship (again, men and women). And even if we do get a relationship, there is a risk that we find ourselves in something that could make us wish we stayed single. While loneliness can set in and even be almost unbearable, our deepest hurts can come from relationships.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

You seem angry, Ruth? Is it because some things ring true, in the video? 80/20 rule is a fact and it is observed in many areas of human life, from business to personal relationships. Its just a ratio that tends to repeat itself quite often or perhaps its used in a symbolic, less exact way. Female Hypergamy is alive and well, its just that in many cases, the government has taken mans role, which in big part is a major reason for western civilization crumbling. If you disagree with me, maybe you can explain how it works that women, earn less than half of all income, but spend 70-80% of all moneys spent? What type of magic would that take, for it to make any sense?

Old 08-17-2017, 03:06 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,033 times
R4T- OP and a band of one eyed parrots bring it up. Female posters say it's crap, mostly. And then some bad math and name-calling, and it's usually over, or so I hoped. There, short summary.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
In this day and age, I believe that it is important for us (men and women) to find a sense of value for ourselves and some kind of way to be fulfilled because we are not guaranteed a relationship (again, men and women). And even if we do get a relationship, there is a risk that we find ourselves in something that could make us wish we stayed single. While loneliness can set in and even be almost unbearable, our deepest hurts can come from relationships.
I absolutely agree, it also requires a level of selfishness to be able to live well. For those who grew up in an individualistic country, that comes fairly easy but that's not everyone. Also, I think that relationships and marriages today are weaker, partially because of this. It is debatable whether that's good or bad, obviously. I think from what I observes, I see the "grass is always greener" effect quite a bit, where married people wish they were single and single people wish they were in a relationship. I think that part is natural and pretty normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships