Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 04:26 PM

130,425 posts, read 12,124,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The intent is not sarcasm. If you have never met a person, it is not a relationship, you don't know each other. You SHOULDN'T be talking of marriage.

This is a very unhealthy situation.

I agree, please find somethings to do, that you enjoy , in your own community to stop thinking about this man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 04:36 PM

44 posts, read 34,620 times
I know that many people are here to give me precious advices, in the middle of them there are some that...just doesn't help at all.
Ok. What i want to say is that, i was taking it like serious, my whole situation. But now, im just enjoying the time. Idk, i never saw someone saying this before. I will keep talking with him, but for now, like im just having a friend that we agreed to say funny things or lovely things. But deep inside myself, i know that nothing will come from this. I think thats the reason why im feeling so free now. I dont feel the pressure to make it real, or to be afraid of what he will do on future.
Hes a nice guy. Gave me support to some difficult things that i was facing. I will remain the same with him, but now i know in what role i have to perform.
If world gets crazy and wow something more happen, ok. But im feeling so much freedom now. I've felt angry bcs some people were saying things with sarcasm. But i can tell to everybody, the help that he gave to me, the help that i gave to him, thats real feeling and thats what make us humans.
If someone can close this thread, please.
Thanks for all of you, that made open my mind and my heart also. This i will never forget.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senunni View Post
I know that many people are here to give me precious advices, in the middle of them there are some that...just doesn't help at all.
Ok. What i want to say is that, i was taking it like serious, my whole situation. But now, im just enjoying the time. Idk, i never saw someone saying this before. I will keep talking with him, but for now, like im just having a friend that we agreed to say funny things or lovely things. But deep inside myself, i know that nothing will come from this. I think thats the reason why im feeling so free now. I dont feel the pressure to make it real, or to be afraid of what he will do on future.
Hes a nice guy. Gave me support to some difficult things that i was facing. I will remain the same with him, but now i know in what role i have to perform.
If world gets crazy and wow something more happen, ok. But im feeling so much freedom now. I've felt angry bcs some people were saying things with sarcasm. But i can tell to everybody, the help that he gave to me, the help that i gave to him, thats real feeling and thats what make us humans.
If someone can close this thread, please.
Thanks for all of you, that made open my mind and my heart also. This i will never forget.
I am glad you appreciate the advice

Have you told your mom that he is talking marriage?

Old 12-19-2017, 09:03 PM

639 posts, read 376,762 times
I'm just going to say as fast as it goes up is as fast as it can go down.

Take you're time. Get to know one another before moving too fast. Experience is wisdom.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:15 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,759 times
Indians rarely break with their parents. They'll date all over the spectrum but when it's time for marriage, they will want someone of the same religion, race, caste and sub-caste. A Hindu Kshatriya from Uttar Pradesh probably wouldn't even be able to marry a fellow Indian from Kerala with darker skin that's Christian.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:13 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
I have a Krishna temple in my area and have worked with Indians throughout my life. I used to hang out with some that stayed at the temple. One of them owned a store that I used to go to.

It is very rare for the men to marry a latina I don't think I've ever heard of it in my life, but anything is possible I suppose. I guess nothing is going to stop love right. So we would be back to the fact that it's up to him to prove it.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 12-19-2017 at 10:21 PM..

Old 12-26-2017, 12:27 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Bcs feelings are real. Im just waiting to see if he us serious or not. I do love him, but i cant be inside a relationship if i dont see any chance of future on that.
Love is important, but is never, ever, enough. Not ever.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:29 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
I was thinking like that before, but after knowing his culture, its an huge issue to tell parents about any relationship, bcs they will think right after about marriage. Or forbid the relationship going on. What he says its that he needs to end his MBA and stand in his own feet to do what he wants. This is running at my mind... if he is real and serious with me? If he is just living an romance that he cant go further? This is so hard to know. I wish I could know the future.
The culture is always going to be there. It won't get magically easier as time goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships