Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 04:16 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,932,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Relationships are great, dating, no so much. It can be nerve wracking.
I agree with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 04:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Again, it is not as easy these days for below average guys to score. Don’t know what was going on during your time, but I’ve had an impossible time securing sex.
It's easier now. OLD wasn't a thing in my 20s. In my 20s (most of the 90s) I had to meet women in bars, at parties, in class, at shows and make it work through those venues. It was much harder to meet people, still, everyone, or almost everyone, did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I actually agree with Diss. I'm not my own worst enemy, and yet, sex hasn't ever come easy for me either.

I can get dates and even have makeout sessions here and there, but it never ends up progressing into the sex part. Some other guys can have one night stands or something like that, not me, lol.

Then again, I much prefer having sex while in some sort of relationship anyway.
So do I, but one has to get to the relationship, sex is part of getting there. And I never said it came easy, in my 20s it was hard to find, I often had 6 most even a year gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Some guys are good with women, some aren't.
True, I was and am not one that is. It sucks seeing it come so easily to others. But I have no control of that. It doesn't make sense to put energy into things I can't control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
So none of you guys(non-virgins, only) have never had sex with someone you were not in an actual relationship with?

Sometimes, people hook up while dating and not in an actual relationship, and this is not the same as friends with benefits, although sometimes it can be.
How do people get into a relationship without sex happening? That's what I want to know. I don't know any (that I know of) women that are entering into relationships with people they haven't had sex with.

Quote:
Again, it is not as easy these days for below average guys to score. Don’t know what was going on during your time, but I’ve had an impossible time securing sex.
Good, as long as you think of sex as something secured, not that two people have together, it will be, and should be, a problem.

Last edited by timberline742; 10-29-2017 at 04:29 PM..

Old 10-29-2017, 04:28 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,411,680 times
Quote:
While I've never been in a long-term relationship, I could/likely would agree with that (when you're with the right person of course).

While I definitely enjoy and love dating, it definitely can be nerve-wracking and stressful, lol.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:31 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,932,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
How do people get into a relationship without sex happening? That's what I want to know. I don't know any (that I know of) women that are entering into relationships with people they haven't had sex with.
Ironically, the only time it's happened for me, was with the only other long term relationship that I had before this. Here's the details, though. She was an 18 year old virgin, she had never even had her first kiss before me. I had only had sex with one girl before this, just months prior. Only had sexual relations at all with two. To this day, this remains the only girl that I didn't even kiss on the first date, other than girls I had a date with and didn't kiss, and never had a second date with. And I only didn't kiss her because my self esteem was so low, I couldn't believe that this beautiful 18 year girl, who had never had a boyfriend, nor had kissed before, would wanna go out with or kiss me.

I think I kissed her on the third date, once I knew for sure that we were ''Dating'' and not ''Just friends''. We were never ''Just friends'' but stupid me, had such a low opinion of myself, I thought maybe we were. She went in New York City one day, shortly before we met, and had her picture taken with the Naked Cowboy guy. In one of the shots, he was planting a kiss on her head. So I randomly and very nervously said, ''I'm a little jealous of that Naked Cowboy. He got to give you a kiss. How about I give you a kiss, but on the lips?''. It was some awkward closed mouth kiss, but I think we got past that later that day haha.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:45 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
All these hoops to jump through for the dubious and temporary 'prize' of driving each other up the wall for however long the two of you can stand to occupy the same space. And people wonder why I can't be bothered.
You can't be bothered, because you've sold yourself on this vision of marriage. Meanwhile, quite a few people are living contentedly ever after with their loved one.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:36 PM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times
This is super easy: if you don't feel marriage has value, don't get married. /shrug

No one can convince you, nor should they try.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2017, 05:40 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,783,055 times
Quote:
Dating is BS and I hate that I have to do it to find out if a relationship is worth anything.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:43 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,733,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Making quite a stretch here.
Not in my experience.

I know of several couples in that situation.

Including my own grandparents at one point.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:03 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Dating is BS and I hate that I have to do it to find out if a relationship is worth anything.

Dating = spending time with romantic or potential romantic partners doing things together and having fun.

Sounds horrible.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:07 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,402,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
'Happily ever after' with someone else in your face and space every day the Lord sends, a mountain of debt, a mortgage, kids and a family full of potential nutbags you never anticipated becoming a part of sounds pretty mundane to me, sir. Why complicate things unnecessarily?
Singles can also have mountains of debt, a mortgage, etc. I know lots of broke singles who have debt; they don't even have a mortgage because they can't afford a house. Financial struggles aren't the sole province of any one group of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships