Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 09:25 AM

57 posts, read 61,907 times

Advertisements

I'm very serious. It just hasn't happened. Girls avoid me all the time, and I don't know why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 09:40 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
You don't have ANY idea why?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:44 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,924,863 times
It's not that big a deal. I imagine the number at 22 that haven't had serious relationships is larger than you think. And who cares?

Now 40- maybe.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You don't have ANY idea why?
Not really. I just go about my business in public, not bothering anyone. Most women act like I've done something bad to them, but how can that be when I don't even know them. When I come around, their body language just turns straight negative.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
It's not that big a deal. I imagine the number at 22 that haven't had serious relationships is larger than you think. And who cares?

Now 40- maybe.
It's a huge deal. Family, acquaintances, and coworkers are all leaning towards thinking that I'm a homosexual. And no offense, but I don't feel like I deserve that label, since I'm attracted to the female gender only.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:30 PM

2,094 posts, read 1,924,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddleydoo22 View Post
It's a huge deal. Family, acquaintances, and coworkers are all leaning towards thinking that I'm a homosexual. And no offense, but I don't feel like I deserve that label, since I'm attracted to the female gender only.
OK- well then, it shouldn't be a big deal. Now that I think about it I don't think I ever had a "girlfriend" before 22, and never thought anything of it. I dated though.

So all of those people are acting like idiots.

Old 12-12-2017, 02:06 PM

617 posts, read 1,201,803 times
I would look more closely at how you carry yourself and the vibes you may be giving off. It's possible that you're giving off feminine/gay vibes in the way you walk, talk, dress, look, facial expressions, etc - causing women to be turned off as well as making your family, acquaintances, and coworkers think you're gay. Some men still look very young at 22 and therefore potentially less masculine. Just a shot in the dark, though.

Old 12-12-2017, 02:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Dude, just be yourself. I'm just kidding. It's a pretty useless cliche. From my experience:

1. Don't get desperate. Keep your pride. A girlfriend is not needed for a good life. Not every woman is good for a girlfriend. Don't flirt with everyone, don't flatter everyone, ask one woman out and focus on her while keeping the rest platonic. It will reduce overall creepiness.

2. No being mister uber-nice guy, don't go out of your way to help women on every step, don't be a white knight. I can't emphasize this enough. If you are too nice, you will get exploited by mean women and get nothing in return. You have to:

3. Enjoy your life and be content. Just come to terms with your living situation, okay, you don't have a girlfriend, so you will do every fun thing without one and can do it without one.

4. Socialize with friends. If you don't have any, get some. Friends tend to stick around longer and in general give more leeway to who you want to be. It will cheer you up, improve social skills as well broaden your horizon of people you would potentially date.

If you do this, you will be off greatly until inevitably you will go out with a woman and be successful, or maybe a relationship will just happen (you never know).

Old 12-12-2017, 03:09 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddleydoo22 View Post
Not really. I just go about my business in public, not bothering anyone. Most women act like I've done something bad to them, but how can that be when I don't even know them. When I come around, their body language just turns straight negative.
This sounds awfully familiar, but I can't quite place it....

And btw, it's not that unusual to have not had a gf by 22. It may happen for you in the next few years, but first, you'd have to figure out what's turning women off to you, if, in fact, that is not a figment of your imagination.

What's your strategy to meet women? Do you make any effort? Join groups, co-ed sports teams, activities of any kind?

Old 12-12-2017, 03:27 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post

Now 40- maybe.
I can see that at 22 someone could not ever had a GF/BF, especially if you're an introverted and or shy person. It's not that old. I think if you've made it to 40 and never had a gf I can see someone sorta flagging it at least, doesn't have to be an automatic deal breaker, most certainly would like to hear the backstory on how it came about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships