Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do
Male; abort the child(ren) 4 13.33%
Female; abort the child(ren) 7 23.33%
Male; do not abort the child(ren) 2 6.67%
Female; do not abort the child(ren) 2 6.67%
Male; legally refut all parental responsiblity. 3 10.00%
Male; legally accept parental responsiblity. 1 3.33%
Parent to son; legally refut all parental responsiblity 2 6.67%
Parent to son; legally accept parental responsiblity 2 6.67%
Parent to daughter; solely accept parental responsiblity 2 6.67%
Parent to daughter; convince the male for parental responsiblity 2 6.67%
No proof of rape- both have responsibilities if the child is given birth. 6 20.00%
Male should have legally documented rape with the authorities. 10 33.33%
Tough decision 4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:16 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Understand this.. its not that we want to ridicule this situation.. but it is a hard pill to swallow. First off.. it makes more logic for a male to rape a woman.. that is obvious.. Can a female rape a male? Yeah.. but it would have to be (in my opinion.. and we all know that someone can trump my opinion if they want) under duress... meaning.. a woman would have to actually point something at a man (gun, baseball bat... something), command him to rape her against his will.. in order for it to be considered rape. How many times have you gone to bed.. jumped your man.. completed the act and he slept through it? Not a likely story here.. maybe something good for the National Enquirer.. but heck.. if this actually happened.. they need to pen a book about it.. If I come over as ridiculing this one.. sorry not really trying to ridicule this.. but man.. what a story!
Well I'd never be "jumping my man" while he slept. Actually I find the idea a little bit icky to be honest. I'd not like it happening to me so I sure as hell wouldn't be doing it to someone else.
As to the duress you are talking about, my understanding, from the limited reading that is available on male victims of rape perpertrated by females is that men physiologically can have and sustain an erection even under duress, in fear or pain regardless of whether they actually want to. My understanding is that the bottom line with rape is consent. So whilst the OP's description of the circumstances may read like the National Enquirer I can still see that the act as described and the outcome as described could be highly distressing for the victim and would have the added distress of knowing that his body betrayed him also. I'm quite sure that a lot of guilt would go along with that.
A bit like women that have been raped asking themselves if they shouldn't have been out that night or wearing what they were wearing or a whole bunch of other things that victims think when someone does things to them against their will. I realize that there is not a lot of discussion that takes place regarding male rape and that people are not generally knowledgeable about the statistics or the reality of it because it is so under reported, but until we consider the possibility as a society and all the ramifications of it I don't see that attitudes to it will change making it a rather large catch 22 I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 06:18 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Understand this.. its not that we want to ridicule this situation.. but it is a hard pill to swallow. First off.. it makes more logic for a male to rape a woman.. that is obvious.. Can a female rape a male? Yeah.. but it would have to be (in my opinion.. and we all know that someone can trump my opinion if they want) under duress... meaning.. a woman would have to actually point something at a man (gun, baseball bat... something), command him to rape her against his will.. in order for it to be considered rape. How many times have you gone to bed.. jumped your man.. completed the act and he slept through it? Not a likely story here.. maybe something good for the National Enquirer.. but heck.. if this actually happened.. they need to pen a book about it.. If I come over as ridiculing this one.. sorry not really trying to ridicule this.. but man.. what a story!
Well said SATX ! Rep points for ya !

Old 03-24-2008, 06:22 PM

170 posts, read 893,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npumcrisz View Post

Like I said above most males never report rape and I just happen to hear one of my former classmates furious and ranting "A f**cking low end red skin American had raped one of our long time Black American friend at his condo and had the guts to call him. That sl*t that I f**ck at the town hall just ones to ruin a successful Black American"s future.........If I was Daniel I would sue her in court and let this f**ckingt white people know that some of us blacks wouldn't take nonsense from them....."
So, this little bit of information that you have now chosen to divulge leads me to believe that there is something more going on with this story. In all respects.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
LOL, I agree, maybe assaulted - but raped?

As a victim of rape, I can tell you that while you are being raped you are not "in the mood" or "horny" or able to reach an orgasm. Your too busy screaming and fighting for your life.

So I would like to know how it would be possible for a man who is being raped to get an erection or even maintain an erection? And if you are being raped how would it be possible to acheive orgasm? Because if you are fighting to survive and fighting off an attacker how would you maintain an erection? I certainly wasn't horny at all while I was being raped.
Exactly, rape is about force and violence . I personally do not see how a man can be raped. Maybe sexually abused if they are incoherent or something, but raped, puh-leez !

Old 03-24-2008, 06:26 PM

170 posts, read 893,155 times
I mean was this guy narcoleptic or what? It doesn't make sense.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:29 PM

582 posts, read 2,038,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npumcrisz View Post
Judge: "How could that have happened if "you" pushed her away and sent her out of your condo?"
don't forget you are under oath.did you wake up or didn't you?your honor i can't remember my underwear was strapped so tight around my head it cut out my circulation and i couldn't think straight at the time.this is nothing but a joke,i mean men can get an erection while sleeping but to ejaculate and not notice a female having sex with you is ridiculous.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Well I'd never be "jumping my man" while he slept. Actually I find the idea a little bit icky to be honest.
I have "jumped my man" while he's been asleep. It only took 5 seconds till he was wide awake and totally into it. What's so icky about that !
It's not rape...sheesh !

Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I have "jumped my man" while he's been asleep. It only took 5 seconds till he was wide awake and totally into it. What's so icky about that !
It's not rape...sheesh !
So I'm supposed to go about my sex life as YOU would see fit?

What you do is your business. I prefer my partner awake and participating thank you. Where did I say it was rape? And the description as given by Man in SATX didn't say anything about the guy waking up, so as far as I'm concerned icky.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:49 PM

582 posts, read 2,038,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
So I'm supposed to go about my sex life as YOU would see fit?

What you do is your business. I prefer my partner awake and participating thank you. Where did I say it was rape? And the description as given by Man in SATX didn't say anything about the guy waking up, so as far as I'm concerned icky.
what is so icky about that?for her to surprise her partner and get him in the mood is wrong.there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Rape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships