Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 11:22 AM

7 posts, read 4,524 times

Advertisements

I always accuse him of cheating and than I blow up on him with a million texts and end up arguing with him even though he never said anything or did anything wrong (it's my own insecurities and flaws that cause me to react like this)... He always looks past this and would continue talking to me. Other guys would get scared off and avoid this. He however stays no matter how much i push his button. Why do you think he puts up with it and what do you make out of him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 11:30 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforeverlove21 View Post
I always accuse him of cheating and than I blow up on him with a million texts and end up arguing with him even though he never said anything or did anything wrong (it's my own insecurities and flaws that cause me to react like this)... He always looks past this and would continue talking to me. Other guys would get scared off and avoid this. He however stays no matter how much i push his button. Why do you think he puts up with it and what do you make out of him?
I can't even!

Old 04-15-2018, 11:31 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Same guy in this situation?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...noring-me.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-interest.html

Old 04-15-2018, 11:36 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Possibly because he understands you're insecure, and doesn't take it personally, and actually cares about you.

However, I would urge you to get help, before he loses patience and walks away. Do you really want to be treating a loved one that way? That's abuse. Get help.

Spend part of your Sunday looking up psychotherapists in your area today, and make some calls in the coming week. Look for ones who say on their website, that they handle family-of-origin issues, and trauma. It's a good bet that some serious incidents or chronic situations are part of your early past. For his sake, as well as for yours, commit to getting the help you need.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No I'm on my sister's account. I'm talking about a guy I have been seeking for about 2 months now

Old 04-15-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Possibly because he understands you're insecure, and doesn't take it personally.

However, I would urge you to get help, before he loses patience and walks away. Do you really want to be treating a loved one that way? That's abuse. Get help.

Spend part of your Sunday looking up psychotherapists in your area today, and make some calls in the coming week. Look for ones who say on their website, that they handle family-of-origin issues, and trauma. It's a good bet that some serious incidents or chronic situations are part of your early past. For his sake, as well as for yours, commit to getting the help you need.
Thank you, I think maybe there is some abandonment or unresolved issues

Old 04-15-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
No I'm on my sister's account. I'm talking about a guy I have been seeking for about 2 months now
Only 2 months, and you've pulled all this cr@p? Maybe he's a glutton for punishment, then. Maybe he was raised with abuse, himself.

How could you possibly be accusing him of cheating, repeatedly (?!) if you've only known him 2 months? That's ridiculous. When did these accusations start? That's completely irrational. You seem to realize that. Are you not concerned, that you're routinely irrational, when in a relationship?

Issues, OP. Please deal with your issues.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Totally. It's great that you realize this. That's a huge first step, OP. Now consider apologizing to this poor guy, and set about getting some effective help. If he's a good guy, he may offer you support, as you get help exploring the roots of your issues, and start healing whatever those early wounds are.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:45 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
So you're doing this ish on purpose?

I would recommend talking to a professional about these issues before you try to date.

Any relationship before you do this is a waste, you'e just going to purposely push them away due to your issues.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:00 PM

271 posts, read 257,586 times
Quote:
You have A LOT of growing up to do. Why are you spending time trying to figure him out. You need to invest that time and figure yourself out. This isn't about why does he put up with it? This is about why do you behave this way?

Quote:
I wouldn't spend two days in a relationship with you, let alone 2 months. You seem unstable or you're really into drama. You sound really young. Maybe you should invest your time in yourself right now. You have to work on your insecurities before you can be in a relationship.

Quote:
Seek professional help. If you have insurance, speak to a therapist about your abandonment issues. Getting it all out may really help you deal with your issues. You're eventually going to push him away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships