Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 02:43 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Man18 View Post
I have read in numerous literature, internet forums (such as this one), and from general word of mouth that the workplace is a great place to meet significant others. Therefore I am proceeding to take that advice.

It would certainly be rad to work with a significant other, would make economic sense. Car-sharing, cutting fuel usage, helping one another prepare, emotional support, etc. The financial, social and environmental benefits are all tremendous. Which makes this a logical move on my part, a no-brainer, as some folk would say.
I recommend that you share this ^^^ theory with YOUR superior at work to get the best advice.

Of course, you have already been reprimanded once, so it seems that you only pay attention to the advice you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 02:47 PM

23 posts, read 12,980 times
I have revised my plan. I will approach my colleague (27F), with chocolates and roses. An online acquaintance offered this to me as advice, and it checks out.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:48 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
And now coworker from a different department I like (26F) already has another guy lined up
It sounds like you should stop using your workplace like a singles dating site. Especially since you just got called to the carpet.....jobs let people go that put them at risk for lawsuits.

Get a grip. At work.....Work!

Old 05-18-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
It sounds like you should stop using your workplace like a singles dating site. Especially since you just got called to the carpet.....jobs let people go that put them at risk for lawsuits.

Get a grip. At work.....Work!
Please don't compare my workplace to a dating site, I find those to be crass and sleazy.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
I have revised my plan. I will approach my colleague (27F), with chocolates and roses. An online acquaintance offered this to me as advice, and it checks out.
No, just no.

She blocked you and asked for a transfer, she is sending a clear "I don't want anything to do with you" message. Stop stalking.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:57 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,333,827 times
Why don't you just make a Tinder account? You can hook up with some random chicks mad easy that way, no need to be chasing tail at work

Old 05-18-2018, 02:59 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
I have read in numerous literature, internet forums (such as this one), and from general word of mouth that the workplace is a great place to meet significant others. Therefore I am proceeding to take that advice.

It would certainly be rad to work with a significant other, would make economic sense. Car-sharing, cutting fuel usage, helping one another prepare, emotional support, etc. The financial, social and environmental benefits are all tremendous. Which makes this a logical move on my part, a no-brainer, as some folk would say.
This can't possibly be a truthful statement. Because the overwhelming majority of posters here, currently, and through the years, have said very clearly that the workplace is not the place to look for romantic relationships.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Why don't you just make a Tinder account? You can hook up with some random chicks mad easy that way, no need to be chasing tail at work
Please, I don't wish to "hook-up" with anyone. I find that culture sleazy, and disrespectful to women.

Besides, I'm not interested in anything sexual, the very thought of it repulses me.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:00 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
He said that would be "crass and sleazy". Apparently, cornering single women in the workplace isn't either of those things, and management's disapproval is just some sort of one-off.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:01 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Please, I don't wish to "hook-up" with anyone. I find that culture sleazy, and disrespectful to women.

Besides, I'm not interested in anything sexual, the very thought of it repulses me.

Haha, alright. Where are you from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships