Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 01:58 PM

193 posts, read 92,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
My husband recently got very upset that my younger cousin is living with a guy his age (42-43ish).

I pointed out that she's almost 30 now and he still was shaking his head in disgust. But he's always been kind of puritanical about some things. Made me laugh and think about this thread.
I bet he would be fine with it if it was a 30 year old guy, or even an 18 year old guy, with a 43 year old woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 02:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post
Then I'm assuming that by "older" you mean anyone in their late 20s or older, since balding is pretty common by that age.

I have to ask, if you find "older" men so undesirable, then why do you date them now? Are you just following social norms while secretly finding the men you date unattractive? Why not just date younger guys?

Personally I would never want to be with someone who finds me "over the hill" but dates me anyways simply because "it's time to grow up."
I know some guys in their 20s who are thinning a tad and even knew a boy in high school who was thinning but I don't think real balding is more common until the 30s somewhere.

Interesting, though, to see the same guys constantly digging about how only young girls are attractive, to get immediately defensive when their own age group is pointed out to be less sexy to even just one woman.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:05 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
I bet he would be fine with it if it was a 30 year old guy, or even an 18 year old guy, with a 43 year old woman.
No he wouldn't. He feels people with big age gaps don't have enough in common to relate to each other.

(Again, I think a 30 year old and a 42 year old are fine, whichever is the woman.)

Old 09-01-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I know some guys in their 20s who are thinning a tad and even knew a boy in high school who was thinning but I don't think real balding is more common until the 30s somewhere.

Interesting, though, to see the same guys constantly digging about how only young girls are attractive, to get immediately defensive when their own age group is pointed out to be less sexy to even just one woman.
Lol I never said only young girls are attractive. Don't know where you got that. You're probably confusing me with someone else.

What I said was that men find women of all ages attractive while women generally tend to find most men past their mid 20s to be old and over the hill and will only date them when they're looking for companionship and stability.

Yes there's an age where men start to find that women tend to not be as attractive, but that isn't until much later, like perhaps 50s. I think that women rate 30 year old men the same way men rate 50 year old women.

The proof is right under your nose. All these women talking about how gross they found men over 30 when they were in their 20s meanwhile you know most 20smething or teen guys would jump at the opportunity to hook up with an older woman.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Lol I never said only young girls are attractive. Don't know where you got that. You're probably confusing me with someone else.

What I said was that men find women of all ages attractive while women generally tend to find most men past their mid 20s to be old and over the hill and will only date them when they're looking for companionship and stability.

Yes there's an age where men start to find that women tend to not be as attractive, but that isn't until much later, like perhaps 50s. I think that women rate 30 year old men the same way men rate 50 year old women.

The proof is right under your nose. All these women talking about how gross they found men over 30 when they were in their 20s meanwhile you know most 20smething or teen guys would jump at the opportunity to hook up with an older woman.
Oh, well, this is good news!

It's good to be a woman!

Thanks for for that, cell jin.

And since men are attracted to pretty much any age everybody wins.

P.s. Sorry about the mixup. I constantly confuse you with RJ, for some reason.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Then I'm assuming that by "older" you mean anyone in their late 20s or older, since balding is pretty common by that age.

I have to ask, if you find "older" men so undesirable, then why do you date them now? Are you just following social norms while secretly finding the men you date unattractive? Why not just date younger guys?

Personally I would never want to be with someone who finds me "over the hill" but dates me anyways simply because "it's time to grow up."

Boy relax. lol I AM "older" just like they are. We are the same.
If I find a younger guy who isn't stupid sure I'll date him. lol

Old 09-01-2018, 02:20 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Actually, most women in this age bracket are in the restaurant industry or work clerical, low paying jobs. Most of them have boyfriends that are of a low wage, blue collar variety, be it a mechanic at a mom and pop shop, to the Home Depot. Their wages are slightly higher than their waitress girlfriends. Far from 100K.

100K is usually reserved for the 30-something women.

If you are a 30 year old guy and you want to date an 18-21 year old, it is better to be making $100,000+ per year than $50,000 per year job. Many of the 18-21 year olds are full time college students with maybe a side job. However, the women not going to college are in the restaurant industry or a low paying clerical job. I think there might be something to be said about women who are not in a university dating blue collar guys. Women who do not go to university might go to trade school for a medical assistant or dental hygienist job, which are actually pretty decent jobs for a dating prospect. Depending on the environment, it's not too overwhelming with the stress. I think 30-something guys interested in 18-22 year olds are going more for the college undergrads than the non-college track women. It is a nice treat for an 18-22 year old to see an older guy with cash. An older guy with cash has a better chance of standing out with a younger woman than an older guy without impressive cash.

You have a point about 30-something women wanting guys making 100K+ plus. Many of those 30-something women expecting that have decent careers of their own at that point. I think the non-achiever 30-something women are less likely to expect a guy to be making 100,000K+ in their 30s.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, well, this is good news!

It's good to be a woman!

Thanks for for that, cell jin.

And since men are attracted to pretty much any age everybody wins.
Nope not quite, because there aren't enough cute 18-24 year old guys to go around. Plus at that age they aren't ready for a stable relationship. So essentially women end up having to contend with age-appropriate men they aren't attracted to.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Nope not quite, because there aren't enough cute 18-24 year old guys to go around. Plus at that age they aren't ready for a stable relationship. So essentially women end up having to contend with age-appropriate men they aren't attracted to.
Oh sure there are. There are loads of college guys around, if we wanted them. Easy-peasy.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Boy relax. lol I AM "older" just like they are. We are the same.
If I find a younger guy who isn't stupid sure I'll date him. lol
Yes I know you're older. But if you found guys at your current age so unattractive when you were in your 20s, you can't find them too much more attractive now. So then are you dating men you don't find very attractive simply because the ones you find "hot" are too young? Don't you think this is unfair to them? Would you want to be with a guy who found you unattractive and secretly wished he could be with someone younger?

Younger guys aren't all stupid. Unless "younger" to you means teens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships