Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 08:56 PM

193 posts, read 92,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Absolutely, because to a girl that age, while 20 and in college seems worldly and cool and with it, 30 just seems old.

You have a real hangup about your aging.
Then why doesn't 30 seem wordly and cool with it to a 20 year old woman? What exactly makes 30 seem old? Why isn't 28 old? Why isn't 25 old?

Yeah I do have a hangup about my aging, I'll be the first to admit it that. I am not comfortable knowing that while women my age and older are considered sexy, I am considered old and women of all ages are swooning over teen guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Sure, that's possible, why not?

What is it you're not understanding here?
What's possible? That a young woman's taste can be broad enough to also find an older man attractive? Because you implied otherwise. You very clearly stated that men over 30 = old and unattractive to young women. So according to you,women's tastes aren't so broad.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post
Then why doesn't 30 seem wordly and cool with it to a 20 year old woman? What exactly makes 30 seem old? Why isn't 28 old? Why isn't 25 old?

Yeah I do have a hangup about my aging, I'll be the first to admit it that. I am not comfortable knowing that while women my age and older are considered sexy, I am considered old and women of all ages are swooning over teen guys.
First of all, you just said you were talking about 13-year-old girls, not 20-year-olds.

If you can't see these distinctions nobody can help you. I'm just being honest here. These nuances are generally understood pretty much intuitively and via experience. I don't think it's that you don't get it. I think it's that you don't want to.

As to why 30 seems so adult and so far from always having been in, and still being in school, again, who can really explain it to you? Especially since you keep moving the goalposts and trying to force people to look dumb when you pull out exact numbers, pushing for "exact" answers simply because you know it's not possible to do so. It's a poor MO, and it will never change the reality: MOST of the time teenagers do not date 30somethings, and even 20-year-old dating 30somethings are a relative minority of daters. It is comparatively rare, you can see for yourself that this is the case, 30 IS generally seen as much more adult and not parallel to nor a peer of a kid in school (by far), deal with it.

Women of all ages ARE NOT swooning over teenage guys!!!! Honest to God, that sounds mentally ill!

Old 09-01-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
First of all, you just said you were talking about 13-year-old girls, not 20-year-olds.

If you can't see these distinctions nobody can help you. I'm just being honest here. These nuances are generally understood pretty much intuitively and via experience. I don't think it's that you don't get it. I think it's that you don't want to.

As to why 30 seems so adult and so far from always having been in, and still being in school, again, who can really explain it to you? Especially since you keep moving the goalposts and trying to force people to look dumb when you pull out exact numbers, pushing for "exact" answers simply because you know it's not possible to do so. It's a poor MO, and it will never change the reality: MOST of the time teenagers do not date 30somethings, and even 20-year-old dating 30somethings are a relative minority of daters. It is comparatively rare, you can see for yourself that this is the case, 30 IS generally seen as much more adult and not parallel to nor a peer of a kid in school (by far), deal with it.

Women of all ages ARE NOT swooning over teenage guys!!!! Honest to God, that sounds mentally ill!
Again, all this is true of 30something women too, but it isn't seen as farfetched for a teen guy to be attracted to a 30something woman. In contrast, a 24 year old woman and a 30 year old guy is a relatively insignificant age difference, yet so many people think it is preposterous that a 24 year old woman would be interested in a 30 year old guy.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Again, all this is true of 30something women too, but it isn't seen as farfetched for a teen guy to be attracted to a 30something woman. In contrast, a 24 year old woman and a 30 year old guy is a relatively insignificant age difference, yet so many people think it is preposterous that a 24 year old woman would be interested in a 30 year old guy.
You keep moving the goalposts. Now it's only a 6-year difference and neither is a teen.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:29 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
This is almost funny! Where did anyone say a 24 y.o. woman can't be attracted to a 30 y.o. man?
"A".
What will you get, now, that it is agreed a 24y.o. woman can definitely be attracted to a 30 y.o. man?

What's the reward?

Old 09-02-2018, 02:50 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,965 times
Quote:

You're not too old. Mod cut.

Here's the deal man, coming from a 31 year old. People in general tend to date within their peer groups. Most people also tend to meet many of their partners within their extended social circles, so in most cases, people are dating within similar age ranges. However, that doesn't mean that women and men aren't attracted to each other outside of this peer group.

Your early thirties is by no means old for a man. For many men, you're hitting your stride. You're partying less, your bank account is bigger, your career is in full swing, you've got cool hobbies, a healthy social circle, an interesting life, and you're taking care of your body. You're peaking in overall attractiveness. Now, here's the split. If you're relatively good looking, or cute even, with a good body, young girls aren't simply gold digging you. Some are attracted to good looking, late twenties early thirties men. I have matched with 19 and 20 year olds that want to hook up in the past year, some want more. If you're an ugly dude, then maybe think twice.

Currently I spend a lot of weekends in cool European cities and I'll usually stay in a hostel. You meet so many cool people, and of course, women. I can tell you first hand that none of the early twenties women are at all turned off when I tell them I'm 31. In fact, many are pleasantly surprised.

As for the morality of it....it's murky waters. I know 19 year olds that act like children, I know 19 year olds living on their own, making their own money, and mature beyond their years. It's up to you to make this judgement call. I have a feeling the majority of men here looking down their nose at guys who sleep with younger women couldn't attract one if they tried. It feels more like self preservation and virtue signalling than an actual moral high ground to me.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-02-2018 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: Rude, off-topic remarks.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:13 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:
When we are talking about love and affection, that is different. I am talking specifically about physical attraction.

The reason it is so difficult for me to grasp is because, as a male, I can't imagine ever looking at a nice looking 30 year old woman and not finding her physically attractive simply because she is older than me. Not when I was 21, not when I was 18, not when I was 15. Hot is hot. Just because someone is too old for you to want to date, doesn't mean you can't find them physically attractive. Right now at 30, I find women as old is their 50s
and as young as their late teens attractive.

Here's something interesting to consider. It would not be hard for any of you to imagine a girl as young as 13-14 crushing on guys in their early 20s. Yet a 20 year old girl crushing on 30 year old guys is preposterous? Clearly, it is not about the age difference. Perhaps it is more about the fact that, to you, "guy over 30" is synonymous with "not very attractive", whereas "guy in his early 20s" is not?
Agreed.

One of my first flings when I was 18 was with a woman who was then 41. Beautiful, tanned, great legs, blonde. She's still very attractive at 55. Obviously, younger is usually more physically attractive, to a point.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
You keep moving the goalposts. Now it's only a 6-year difference and neither is a teen.

Ok, so then you're only talking about teen girls? Once a girl hits 20 suddenly she becomes attracted to men over 30?

I'm not changing the goalposts. This was never exclusively about teen girls, girls in their 20s up until 25ish are usually included in this "no way she'll ever go for a guy over 30" group. And again, I believe this to be categorically false. 21-25 year old women do often date guys in their 30s. It actually happens a lot more often than 21-25 year old guys dating women in their 30s. But regardless, this means nothing in the way of physical attraction, because women do not date based on physical attraction. And I believe the reason that people, like yourselves, find it so plausible that a 30 year old woman would be into an 22 year old guy whereas farfetched that a 22 woman would be into a 30something guy is because your perceive 22 year old guys as attractive and 30something guys as unattractive.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Agreed.

One of my first flings when I was 18 was with a woman who was then 41. Beautiful, tanned, great legs, blonde. She's still very attractive at 55. Obviously, younger is usually more physically attractive, to a point.

And I'm sure that woman mocks and disparages men her age who try to hook up with younger girls. I bet she probably even rolls her eyes when a man her own age tries to hook up with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships