Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 03:37 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,880,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Meh, not every woman wants that.

Anyway, women have their pic because of the slant of OLD and all that, right? And because of how much more fair and broad men's tastes are? I'm not worried.

If I'm ever divorced I will be in no great hurry to be responsible for another person, I've done my time with that. I'll just be enjoying and apparently I'll have my pick!
You will, just believe the guy will ya, he's been a woman all his life. Now that he's an older woman, he can tell you what they think too. I'm sorry you have to just guess at this stuff, what would you know?

I find younger men attractive, but my version of younger man IS In his 30s. AINT THAT SOME SHT. ?

When I I was 18-22, I wouldn't have found men 15 years older appealing. So now it's amazing that I have bypassed these men in their 30s, I didn't find attractive, now that they're younger, they are!

If they don't want a long term relationship, good, then I won't hurt their feelings, bc neither do I, I just replace them with another attractive younger man, and I can call it all one lonnnng term relationship with younger mens.

Let me know when you're ready to learn the ropes, cupcake. 😺
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 03:56 PM

193 posts, read 93,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You will, just believe the guy will ya, he's been a woman all his life. Now that he's an older woman, he can tell you what they think too. I'm sorry you have to just guess at this stuff, what would you know?

I find younger men attractive, but my version of younger man IS In his 30s. AINT THAT SOME SHT. ?

When I I was 18-22, I wouldn't have found men 15 years older appealing. So now it's amazing that I have bypassed these men in their 30s, I didn't find attractive, now that they're younger, they are!

If they don't want a long term relationship, good, then I won't hurt their feelings, bc neither do I, I just replace them with another attractive younger man, and I can call it all one lonnnng term relationship with younger mens.

Let me know when you're ready to learn the ropes, cupcake. 😺
So you're saying that when you were in your 30s, you didn't find men in their 30s attractive, but now that you're older you do?

Old 09-01-2018, 04:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,048,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post
So you're saying that when you were in your 30s, you didn't find men in their 30s attractive, but now that you're older you do?
Sounds to me like she's saying she *also* finds men who are younger than she is attractive *now*, ergo, women's tastes can be broad too.

Then again, any reasonable person who has ever dated already knows this.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
So you're saying you're stuck on a thought that has no merit and will not try to comprehend ANYthing else?

I was living with, then married to, a man the same age as me from 19 to 40. I found him physically attractive the whole 20 years.

People change. They're not all the same to begin with.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:26 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,480,100 times
Two bodies moving at the same rate remain still relative to each other. I can't imagine why it would be so difficult to accept the analogy of the same applying to the passage of time and one's love and affection for their partner/spouse.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Sounds to me like she's saying she *also* finds men who are younger than she is attractive *now*, ergo, women's tastes can be broad too.

Then again, any reasonable person who has ever dated already knows this.
Yeah women's tastes can be broad, but not broad enough to *also* find older men attractive as a young woman?

Old 09-01-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Two bodies moving at the same rate remain still relative to each other. I can't imagine why it would be so difficult to accept the analogy of the same applying to the passage of time and one's love and affection for their partner/spouse.
When we are talking about love and affection, that is different. I am talking specifically about physical attraction.

The reason it is so difficult for me to grasp is because, as a male, I can't imagine ever looking at a nice looking 30 year old woman and not finding her physically attractive simply because she is older than me. Not when I was 21, not when I was 18, not when I was 15. Hot is hot. Just because someone is too old for you to want to date, doesn't mean you can't find them physically attractive. Right now at 30, I find women as old is their 50s
and as young as their late teens attractive.

Here's something interesting to consider. It would not be hard for any of you to imagine a girl as young as 13-14 crushing on guys in their early 20s. Yet a 20 year old girl crushing on 30 year old guys is preposterous? Clearly, it is not about the age difference. Perhaps it is more about the fact that, to you, "guy over 30" is synonymous with "not very attractive", whereas "guy in his early 20s" is not?

Old 09-01-2018, 07:11 PM

You have previously stated that you weren't interested in women, and still playing with army men when you were 17-19 or in your late teens. I think jerz has been actually trying to tell you on a nice way...that some of us are interpreting your opinions based on no experience with women.
What do you say?

Old 09-01-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah women's tastes can be broad, but not broad enough to *also* find older men attractive as a young woman?
Sure, that's possible, why not?

What is it you're not understanding here?

Old 09-01-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
When we are talking about love and affection, that is different. I am talking specifically about physical attraction.

The reason it is so difficult for me to grasp is because, as a male, I can't imagine ever looking at a nice looking 30 year old woman and not finding her physically attractive simply because she is older than me. Not when I was 21, not when I was 18, not when I was 15. Hot is hot. Just because someone is too old for you to want to date, doesn't mean you can't find them physically attractive. Right now at 30, I find women as old is their 50s
and as young as their late teens attractive.

Here's something interesting to consider. It would not be hard for any of you to imagine a girl as young as 13-14 crushing on guys in their early 20s. Yet a 20 year old girl crushing on 30 year old guys is preposterous? Clearly, it is not about the age difference. Perhaps it is more about the fact that, to you, "guy over 30" is synonymous with "not very attractive", whereas "guy in his early 20s" is not?
Absolutely, because to a girl that age, while 20 and in college seems worldly and cool and with it, 30 just seems old.

You have a real hangup about your aging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships