Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2018, 04:52 PM

328 posts, read 572,971 times

Advertisements

I think a woman can sense a man's interest through consistent communication and spending face-to-face time with the woman. For example, if I meet a guy, we chat a bit in person or on the phone, then he asks me out. Great! If we go out and he let's me know before we part that he had a great time and wants to do it again. Great! (he should text me to make sure I got home safe. That's always a plus). Then a week from that date, we go out again. We can talk in between but its okay if its just texting til the next meeting. I will say a phone call halfway through the week is nice, and it can be kept short. By date 3, some form of physical intimacy should be attempted. Whether its a hug, holding hands, or a kiss. From there it should move at the pace that works for both. The only time things don't progress this way is when there is an imbalance in interest. For example, if I am more interested than he is, I end up reaching out to him because I haven't heard from him and I feel like I'm chasing him (not cute!). Or if he is more interested in me, he doesn't hear excitement or interest in my voice and I am not interested in meeting up again. I am all for open communication so if I sense that he wants more than I do I will tell him if I am happy with just friendship and I'm not looking for more. I have been on both sides of the imbalance; its never fun. But its better to clear up confusion early on so that you can either develop the friendship or move on to someone who is interested in you.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:00 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
OP, just ask her to go do something or hang out or whatever. 10 times in 30 days...and now it's been over a week? What are you waiting for?

Old 09-19-2018, 05:04 PM

328 posts, read 572,971 times
Also, the fact that she hasn't blocked you yet is a plus. LOL If she really wanted to get rid of you, that's what she would've done.

Last edited by BlueLuce; 09-19-2018 at 05:39 PM..

Old 09-19-2018, 05:11 PM

553 posts, read 302,108 times
[quote=Kevinjames88;53133824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Good luck.

I think you screwed this one up.

Please learn how to communicate to people you want to be with. You communicate your thoughts and feelings so well here but have yet to say you told the girl these things.

I wager you are afraid of rejection. I bet you are afraid putting yourself out there and telling her you like her and want to exclusively date unless she gives you a clear cut sign she likes you. And you don't take her agreeing to sleep with you and continue to go out with you a sign. You want her to call.

You are immature because you feel uncomfortable telling her you would like for her to call you. Instead, you spend 3 days posting online to strangers.

Grow some balls and learn how to talk about your feelings to the people who matter most (the girl who could have been your gf).

btw, If I were her and you called me now I would be cold, and I would say I'm not really interested because its been several days and I haven't heard from you. I don't care why your reply is (being out of town, busy), to me its all BS and you are the exact guy I'm hoping to avoid being in a relationship. That is a guy who is wishy washy, calls then doesn't call, and hasn't yet made a commitment after 10 dates.

And if you were to say in response you were waiting for me to call, I would ask why you didn't tell me that if it was so important to you. I would maybe still go out with you but will loose all attraction for you that I once had, and highly doubt I could sleep with you again.

So personally I think its over.

You will find girls out there who will call you. And when another problem comes up, something they do or don't do that you don't like, I guess you'll be back here posting about it instead of talking to the girl directly and trying to work it

Dang doctor you must get paid for this. I never said I implemented the ignore her streategy and I never changed the way I communicated with her, it was her that changed the way she way communicating with me which is why I came here. When I went out of town I told her that and I was camping with no service, when her sister was in town for 3 days she did the same for me so there’s no confusion as to why we haven’t heard from the other side. This is not a post about arguing one side or the other in a means to tear each other’s theories or opinions down, it’s merely a post to hear each other’s side with open ears and consider each other’s valid points. Are some of you even capable of arguing constructively or do you need to slam people and win the battle of city-data King/queen of relationship advice ?? Geesh
Wow I think I struck a cord. Never was trying to be condescending.

Either call her and tell her you want her to call or call her and ask her out. Geesh, this has been overly complicated. You haven’t even told her you want her to call you. Call her now, tell her, and ask her out.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:30 PM

28 posts, read 10,271 times
[quote=Levels77;53134126]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinjames88 View Post

Wow I think I struck a cord. Never was trying to be condescending.

Either call her and tell her you want her to call or call her and ask her out. Geesh, this has been overly complicated. You haven’t even told her you want her to call you. Call her now, tell her, and ask her out.
“You are immature, grow balls, you screwed up” were some words expressed and you think someone is not going to take that as disrespect?? 🤔

Old 09-19-2018, 06:46 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Very interesting post. Nice to get the female perspective on male manipulation tactics. However, you need to stop pretending women don't have their own bag of tricks and power moves they use.

Another thing you should probably learn to accept is... at the end of the day, people care about themselves and getting what they want. And those willing to do what it takes will win. Sometimes that means not playing "nice". Oh well.
Of course there are manipulative women too; The Rules is famous even after all this time. And just like Red Pilliness, the wrath of God comes.T down on women who play into them, with objections coming from women and men alike.

You need to accept that it isn't a contest and "not quite as bad" still has the word "bad" in there.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:56 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
In a way, you're sort of right but not for those looking for a serious , hopefully, long term relationship
That's the whole point. If the girl the OP was dating was serious, she would put in work.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you want to see it as a disadvantage, that is on you. It's to my advantage as a guy.
How?

I'm always up for learning new things. I can see how its an advantage in some ways, but I want to hear your take.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Of course there are manipulative women too; The Rules is famous even after all this time. And just like Red Pilliness, the wrath of God comes.T down on women who play into them, with objections coming from women and men alike.

You need to accept that it isn't a contest and "not quite as bad" still has the word "bad" in there.
I never said it was a contest. But all relationships have a power dynamic. Like it or not.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:01 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
I never said it was a contest. But all relationships have a power dynamic. Like it or not.
This is an inconvenient truth some will deny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships