Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 08:24 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframInventorofWarp View Post
Sorry to disapoint. I'm definitely not just fantasizing, though I might be a little off in fantasyland regardling relationships, sue me, I still have my romanticism and idealism intact.

And trust me deepsix, I have thought about those things. I've thought about how I want kids and a 40 year old woman would be hard-pressed to be able to provide that and how when she's 60 I'll likely be 40. I've thought it over, I'm just leaping at logs here. I actually thought about this ****. Remember, naive not stupid. There's a difference.
I actually have no problem with romanticism and idealism. It’s one of the things that make younger men attractive. (They are hopeful and not negative)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 09:51 AM

399 posts, read 221,124 times
Quote:
Sorry to disapoint. I'm definitely not just fantasizing, though I might be a little off in fantasyland regardling relationships, sue me, I still have my romanticism and idealism intact.

And trust me deepsix, I have thought about those things. I've thought about how I want kids and a 40 year old woman would be hard-pressed to be able to provide that and how when she's 60 I'll likely be 40. I've thought it over, I'm just leaping at logs here. I actually thought about this ****. Remember, naive not stupid. There's a difference.
I get that. Just don't think it's a good idea to go after older women to the exclusion of younger women. If nothing else, having experience with younger women will help you manage a relationship with that you ultimately want.

You stated that you have basically zero dating experience. I think fixing that would be a good idea before going after women who are pickier.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:57 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
I'm a 21-year-old man, interested in older women, 30's-40's, just my preference, everyone has one. But Jesus why is it so hard to find a place/site that actually caters to that? Is it really that uncommon or just overlooked?
I mean, it's always difficult dating but dating more out of your "typical" age range, at least in my city, is almost downright impossible. Guess it'd be easier if I lived say in Toronto or a larger city but that's not really the case.
Is there anywhere more successful that anyone knows of?
Based on the Toronto reference and my keen intellect I'd say you must be in Canada.

Yes, go to Toronto, I'm sure you'll be hip deep in older gals looking for an infant, er, uhm, I mean a young man.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:28 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
If you want to have children and you want to date older women, you are very likely to have children, hers. If it happens, you'll know whether you want to get married or not. if so, just be the best possible stepdad.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:31 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
I'll tell you what. Not looking for as young as the op but am beginning to wonder at what age is the cut off for finding a man without a 'beer gut'
Seems to me to be about 45 form all the profiles I've looked at.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:41 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I'll tell you what. Not looking for as young as the op but am beginning to wonder at what age is the cut off for finding a man without a 'beer gut'
Hmm, I’ll be 52 in a little over a week and last I weighed myself I was 147 lbs. Also, my waist size is 30â€. Never had a beer gut and never will. I do understand what you’re saying though. I dated a number of women before I met my g/f, and they all said pretty much the same. Heck, there are a lot of guys in their 20’s and 30’s with beer guts. I’m thinking too much Netflix, video games and junk food and not enough exercise.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:05 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I dropped out of University two years into my psychology degree while minoring in history and gender studies. I ended up leaving because my placements made me realize I didn't want to do this forever and I went to pursue my startup publishing company venture with my Chief Editor instead, which is what I really wanted to go to school for to begin with, my dad just didn't think I'd make money at it. We launch in November, I've spent time just prepping things up, acquiring my MBL and designing my website and quoting printers and distribution channels as well as acquiring software. In the meantime I work full time as a Bank Teller.
So long story short, no, I am not currently in University. Or, as they say in America, College. So meeting a woman my senior will have to be done the old fashioned way I guess: Talking.

Also I know those arrangements where a significantly older women and younger man end up marrying and such aren't common.
But neither are Tigers. Yet they're still out there.
lol! Good for you, OP. And congrats on your business venture! I wish you success. IMO too many lives have been sidetracked by parents who tried to control the course of studies, when paying for their kids' university studies. Best wishes for success!

Old 09-28-2018, 07:35 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Beer guts are sexy!

(Also my dad is in his 60s and he doesn’t have one)

Old 09-28-2018, 09:02 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
What about a great big can on a woman, lol, this goes both ways, and truth be told I see plenty of women younger, much younger sporting the wide load.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:27 AM

999 posts, read 553,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
HC is right; most women in the age range you're interested in aren't looking for 20-somethings.
I don't know. I'm in that range and I'm kind of past the point of looking for anything in particular other than a shared sense of humor/general life philosophy and liking similar activities. I don't really believe most relationships last forever anyway. I only think ahead the next few years and try to see if we'd be compatible for that long and if we last, go from there. I am generally attracted to guys older than me but for the absolutely right 20 something, maybe. I do feel like it's a stretch for me to imagine one that would be right though... I actually get hit on by younger dudes in their mid twenties more often than men my age. So far, I've found:

1. They are just ridiculously immature to where I can't even take it.
2. Over-the-top romantic, which they seem to think impresses me (it doesn't, at least not without us actually being in love first)
3. They assumed I was far younger than I am and got bummed and changed their minds when they learned my real age. (how many times I've heard "Oh..wow. I had no idea you were THAT old" ugh...thanks?)

Quote:
I've thought about how I want kids and a 40 year old woman would be hard-pressed to be able to provide that and how when she's 60 I'll likely be 40.
And what conclusion did you come to? If you want kids, this makes a lot less sense to me. If you were childfree I could see, because then the woman would be less fertile and an accidental baby would be far less likely. If you want kids, you'd have very little time to make it happen with her, although I guess if you meet her at 40 and get to it super fast, you could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships