Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 04:25 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,635,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's not as if they're banishing him to a dungeon. The OP hasn't explained it fully, but where I live the "basement" is often a rec room space where kids this age tend to spend most of their time anyway.

This conflict isn't about the cat though. It's about the guy having to choose between pleasing his fiancee and pleasing his son. There HAS to be a compromise or a breakup.
The quality of the room space doesn't matter as much as human presence.

I agree with your second point. I am offering my opinion that the basement idea isn't a good compromise if the quality of the cat's life is being considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwars19 View Post
Yes, its a large, beautiful rec room where the son hangs out a lot (it has his gaming system , TV, a sitting area with couches and so on) , definitely not a dungeon
Sounds like it could work in the short term, but this cat is only what, two years old? It has at least another 10 years to live and the son is already 9. What are you going to do when he goes away to school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 04:25 PM

553 posts, read 304,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
"The allergy shots are a big time commitment as I would need to go to the doctor’s office to get the injection every month"

Who's not trying?
If it were a cure and she would be guaranteed to better right after I would say the OP isn't trying.

But allergy shots like BirdBelle said aren't a cure. When I started allergy shots my doctor said that it will be a full year before I see any effect, and for some people it will take longer. And some people don't see an effect at all!

We aren't taking about her having just the sniffles at home. She is having labored breathing! And she wears a mask in the house! I'd say she is trying her best to make it work. She's tried for 6 months!

Old 11-20-2018, 04:28 PM

23,180 posts, read 26,324,404 times
Quote:
"The allergy shots are a big time commitment as I would need to go to the doctor’s office to get the injection every month"

Who's not trying?
You think having the shots every month relieves the problems of person with allergies?
Over a long period of time they may (or may not) help but most certainly do not make breathing any easier just from the shots

Old 11-20-2018, 04:35 PM

18,298 posts, read 9,579,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
I'd say she is trying her best to make it work.
I disagree. She is refusing to try the shots (they may or may not work) because it's a big time commitment, and she ruled out the prescription inhaler due to cost. IMO, the OP is being selfish.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You think having the shots every month relieves the problems of person with allergies?
I don't know. And neither do you.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I disagree. She is refusing to try the shots (they may or may not work) because it's a big time commitment, and she ruled out the prescription inhaler due to cost. IMO, the OP is being selfish.
I think your opinions can be dismissed as not having any knowledge about the subject

Old 11-20-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I don't know. And neither do you.
Yes, I do, from experience

Old 11-20-2018, 04:43 PM

553 posts, read 304,903 times
Quote:
me too, says the person who goes every week and gets 4 shots and has seen 0 improvement since July! And so does my doctor who studied medicine and told me to expect no improvement for a year.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
You only know of your own experience. Allergy shots work for some people and don't work for others. You have no idea if the shots will or won't work for the OP. None of us do.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:00 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,273,292 times
How clean is the house kept? Is the cat on grain free food ? Grain free food is awesome for many reasons but foremost it cuts out dander and shedding.
Please don't rehome the cat or lock in the basement. It's not kitties fault.
Also asking son to clean and step up care for cat is good upbringing.
1/2 tsp refined (non coconuty tasting) coconut oil given to a cat daily will cut back shedding/dander. Most cats love it and will come running when jar opens.
A simple Albuterol inhaler will help you a lot before the shots. Do shots last; compromise til then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships