Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:13 AM

570 posts, read 882,455 times

Advertisements

So there's this woman that is always real touchy/feely with me. It's in a professional type setting. Whenever were working on something together, which occurs for very brief amount of times, she touches and kinda rubs my shoulder or arm a little bit. She's also grabbed my hand for a moment when the opportunity arose.

And this is a great thing, b.c she is very gorgeous and I want her!

But there must be a bad part as all situations seem to have. She is touchy/feely with a lot of other guys there as well from what I've noticed.

I don't think I've met a woman quite like this before. I hope she is into me and would like to date and stuff, but I just really don't know for sure. I'm also real cautious b.c she might just be an overly touchy/feely type of gal that just sees me as another guy. And I haven't got many other hints that she wants me to ask her out. She is a real talkative person and I'm pretty reserved, so could that work?

Have you guys encountered something like this before? Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 01:11 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
You got it all wrong, dude. It's just her personality.

But nothing wrong in approaching her. Finding out is better than speculating.

But don't plunge into her like a lion. Just take her out for lunch during an office day. After 4 or 5 outings, you will have your answer.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:48 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Dating at work and innocent flirtations is a "slippery slope" in the work place today. I would be very careful about playing where I get my pay. Things could go very badly, very quickly...

Old 04-18-2010, 06:31 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,170 times
it might be that she has been raisd in a family that shows love towards each other and its a natural thing......is she from Jersey? my ex was like that ....very Italian....

Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,206 times
What's her ethnicity? Some cultures are extremely touchy/feely.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 PM

530 posts, read 902,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You got it all wrong, dude. It's just her personality.

But nothing wrong in approaching her. Finding out is better than speculating.

But don't plunge into her like a lion. Just take her out for lunch during an office day. After 4 or 5 outings, you will have your answer.

I agree - personality

Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,215 times
[quote=Antlered Chamataka;13789303]You got it all wrong, dude. It's just her personality.

True. There are "touchy feely" people out there and there's nothing behind it.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Dating at work and innocent flirtations is a "slippery slope" in the work place today. I would be very careful about playing where I get my pay. Things could go very badly, very quickly...
Truth spoken.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
I have been around alot of different women that were touchy/feely, and I think that is just the way they are. They mean nothng by it and would probably not welcome any overly friendly gestures from you. If she treats other men in your department to the same way, then that is a sure sign you have not been singled out for special attention. If I were interested in dating, I would ask her if she would like to meet for lunch. In reality, I wouldn't even attempt to date someone at my place of employment, but that is just me.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
So there's this woman that is always real touchy/feely with me. It's in a professional type setting. Whenever were working on something together, which occurs for very brief amount of times, she touches and kinda rubs my shoulder or arm a little bit. She's also grabbed my hand for a moment when the opportunity arose.

And this is a great thing, b.c she is very gorgeous and I want her!

But there must be a bad part as all situations seem to have. She is touchy/feely with a lot of other guys there as well from what I've noticed.

I don't think I've met a woman quite like this before. I hope she is into me and would like to date and stuff, but I just really don't know for sure. I'm also real cautious b.c she might just be an overly touchy/feely type of gal that just sees me as another guy. And I haven't got many other hints that she wants me to ask her out. She is a real talkative person and I'm pretty reserved, so could that work?

Have you guys encountered something like this before? Thoughts?
She knows exactly what she's doing and is what they call using her feminine wiles. There's even a personality type associated with this kind of woman known as "Master Manipulator". It usually consists of just as you described along with a ton of guy friends, aka orbiters. Whenever a guy they do this to turns around and tries to put the moves on her she give them with the old LJBF speech. Trust me, give it a try and let us know how she shoots you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships