Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 01:13 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,718,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Oh hell! I just answer it that I am seeking perfection!
If whoever it is doesn't reply with a light hearted and humorous response, I know they aren't for me
I like it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 01:21 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,238,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Seriously? How hard is that? What is the point of a what are you looking for question? My answer is going to be different with every connection because my connection (or lack there of) is going to be different with every person. Just making the connection is great, then let it go from there. We get in our own way so damn much. We see it on this board every day; people getting in their own way of being happy.
Well just maybe, since so many if your posts are about male/female "friends' they shouldn't be on this "relations/ship" board?
Being lazy,so not offering the link, you did just say you are supposedly in a "relationship" but still replying to "someone in your past that is contacting you......for possible friend only, right?

Old 05-15-2019, 01:25 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Well just maybe, since so many if your posts are about male/female "friends' they shouldn't be on this "relations/ship" board?
Being lazy,so not offering the link, you did just say you are in a "relationship" but replying to "someone in your past contacting you......for possible friend only, right?
When do you see me posting questions for help on my relationship? Right, you don't. When I have issues I ask friends who know me well who can give me good feedback.

She might have been reaching out as a friend only, she might have been looking for something else. Who knows other than her? Why is it relevant to you? Didn't matter to me. I'd be cool either way, as would my partner.

And what the bleep is up with your use of random quotes? Do you not know what relationships are or what friends are so you need to try to qualify your statements?

Old 05-15-2019, 03:40 PM

52,344 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I like it!!!
I was going to say, that's pretty good because a sense of humor is important and if they don't get it, well, not sure that they are right for me. Of course sometimes things don't always convey as well in the written word so maybe people might not get the humor.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:50 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was going to say, that's pretty good because a sense of humor is important and if they don't get it, well, not sure that they are right for me. Of course sometimes things don't always convey as well in the written word so maybe people might not get the humor.
Very true. But its better than my boring answer...

"Looking to date at first and see where life takes us (or where things go, or see what happens)."

Old 05-15-2019, 04:00 PM

4 posts, read 5,042 times
My boat sailed a long time ago........

Old 05-15-2019, 04:01 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,238,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
When do you see me posting questions for help on my relationship? Right, you don't. When I have issues I ask friends who know me well who can give me good feedback.

She might have been reaching out as a friend only, she might have been looking for something else. Who knows other than her? Why is it relevant to you? Didn't matter to me. I'd be cool either way, as would my partner.

And what the bleep is up with your use of random quotes? Do you not know what relationships are or what friends are so you need to try to qualify your statements?
Probably darlin' because most of your posts are that you present yourself (and your partners) as so wonderful and understanding with both successful and failed (but still friendly) relationships that it's a bit hard to swallow
This is the internet of course, where we all can be perfect if we so choose

Old 05-15-2019, 04:09 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,880,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Very true. But its better than my boring answer...

"Looking to date at first and see where life takes us (or where things go, or see what happens)."
That's not boring! My Looking For is: Chemistry, but then I get asked to elaborate. (?)

I don't get the guy who will send a real long message including: "Well thanks for taking the time to actually read my message and not just pass by because you're looking for 6'2", rich and more attractive than the most handsome guy you could get in real life. I think we could have a lot of fun!..."
etc., etc., going on about:
"...the women on here are very very materialistic and unrealistic, they don't bother to even read, or comment on the content of my profile to make a decision..."

So, I thought fine, kinda whiney, just ok looking, let's see what's going on over at his profile...

He likes Sci-Fi, Star Wars, quiet times, ... traveled to Poland and Thailand, "could teach a thing or 2..."

In other words, if he read my profile and likes, he would have known none of those things are included, we would really have nothing to talk about based on the profiles alone, and how the hell did he decide we could have a lot of fun?????????

Old 05-15-2019, 04:09 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,717,794 times
LOL when you lay down the TMI, like I do, and totally out yourself on all the weirdness, people don't wanna hear it.

You try and respectfully be discreet and limited in what ya share, like timber, and just say that things are good, and people don't believe you.

Can't win around here!

Some people have happy love lives, and social lives. I know, sounds insane or made up, but it's true.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:13 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,717,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That's not boring! My Looking For is: Chemistry, but then I get asked to elaborate. (?)

I don't get the guy who will send a real long message including: "Well thanks for taking the time to actually read my message and not just pass by because you're looking for 6'2", rich and more attractive than the most handsome guy you could get in real life. I think we could have a lot of fun!..."
etc., etc., going on about:
"...the women on here are very very materialistic and unrealistic, they don't bother to even read, or comment on the content of my profile to make a decision..."

So, I thought fine, kinda whiney, just ok looking, let's see what's going on over at his profile...

He likes Sci-Fi, Star Wars, quiet times, ... traveled to Poland and Thailand, "could teach a thing or 2..."

In other words, if he read my profile and likes, he would have known none of those things are included, we would really have nothing to talk about based on the profiles alone, and how the hell did he decide we could have a lot of fun?????????
Ugh.

"Thanks for reading my bitter rant about how women don't like me. Are you up to the challenge of proving me wrong in my self-fulfilling prophecy that all women are horrible, superficial, and just seeking attention? Will you come back after I smack you away and try to chase you off so I can feel comfortable in my reality that nobody loves me and perpetual, miserable loneliness is my lot in life? Isn't it very attractive how bitter and hateful I am about women, and how I assume they have all of these terrible motives that persecute me? If I neg you enough will you try to impress me?"

(And no. I don't mean in a "cute" way.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships