Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 10:30 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

We didn't see how 'roughly' he handled you but if you feel it was 'rough' , guess it was for you.
Tell him you're no longer interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 10:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemur View Post
Thank you all for your input. He texted twice yesterday to say hi, and called and left a message last night, asking if I was available to 'hang out' sometime this weekend. I don't like being immature and not texting back; I'm sure he'll be surprised when/if I don't. I don't know what I would say, other than I felt uncomfortable. I can see that statement causing a phone conversation, but then I would know if he meant to be creepy?
So you haven't replied to his two texts and one phone message at all??

Old 07-04-2019, 01:40 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I don't understand the hysterics of some posters here.

He's been respectful of her space, hasn't tried to have sex with her, made a clumsy comment about her butt that may have been a weak attempt at making sure she knows he's into her, and "roughly grabbed her arm" in a way that could have just been a misstep.

I mean, I've accidentally brushed my friend's boob during a hug once. I hope she wouldn't call me a horrendous loser because of it. My BF says the F word all the time (not in front of strangers or my kids) but it doesn't make him a bad person.

It's only been 3 dates, and if she's dating that means she's moved on from the weird dentist she was dating before, which is good news. I think it's too early to burn this guy at the stake yet. It sounds like someone in the very early stages of dating. He probably just doesn't know that no one calls it "pinging."
^^^^ Agreed.

I don’t think that what this man has done is so terrible. It sounds like he’s just trying to be careful, but at the same time letting you know that he likes you.

If you feel uncomfortable with that, then by all means stop dating him. However, I don’t see anything wrong with his behavior besides a little awkwardness, which is common in the early stages of dating.

Old 07-04-2019, 02:20 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
Quote:
"your butt looks cute in those jeans". I felt uncomfortable
Quote:
I've developed a feeling that I'm being used?
Quote:
I left our last date, looking forward to seeing him again
So you felt uncomfortable but look forward to seeing him again? Explain.

Quote:
Any thoughts, suggestions would be welcome. Should I see him again, and some how explain that I don't get the half hug at the end of the date, and the "handsiness" during our last date. Also, instead of saying 'I'll ping you" say something like "are you interested in getting together saturday evening?
You ALWAYS WITHOUT EXCEPTION tell a man when he does something that makes you feel uncomfortable. What is he your boss? Of course not. You STOP his behavior and tell him exactly what makes you feel uncomfortable. "handsiness" means touchy-feely. DO you like or not like a touchy-feely man on first dates?

You are in charge of your body and who touches it, and if and how they touch it. At all times. What about this you don't get? The moment something uncomfortable happens is the exact moment you stop it and say way.

When you go on dates, expect a man to want to kiss and touch you at some point at least by date 2 or 3, and then ask for sex. Only if you allow.

Also, men new back to dating- never touch a woman first. If she wants to be touched she will indicate so by touching you first, or getting close and friendly with you so you can.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:45 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,949 times
He 65
She 59

This is silly, at that age there is no room to be offended, talk directly about what bothers you and so he will know if he wants to be with you in your terms or not.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:33 PM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
Well I am a guy in my fifties, and i swear, try to watch myself around women but some slip out and i am gonna give you a hug even after the first date if i like you and i am probably gonna tell you I think you have a nice butt if i think you do at some point, be it one two or three dates in or whatever. Heck I have had gals ask, do you like my boobs or butt?

If you tell me i am rude for hugging you or crass for telling you your butt is nice, or cursing, you have just done me a HUGE favor, because you are not the kind of woman for me.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:43 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senorchip View Post
he 65
she 59

this is silly, at that age there is no room to be offended, talk directly about what bothers you and so he will know if he wants to be with you in your terms or not.
+1.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:51 PM

332 posts, read 287,000 times
I texted him a few hours ago, saying I'm not sure we're a Match. I told him what made me uncomfortable, and I said, maybe it was a misunderstanding on my part, but I'm glad we met......no response. If he would have texted or called back, saying something like "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable", or something to that effect, I would have gone out with him again. As it stands, I feel good about what I did.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:55 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
People's gut instincts are probably right.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemur View Post
I texted him a few hours ago, saying I'm not sure we're a Match. I told him what made me uncomfortable, and I said, maybe it was a misunderstanding on my part, but I'm glad we met......no response. If he would have texted or called back, saying something like "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable", or something to that effect, I would have gone out with him again. As it stands, I feel good about what I did.
But why would he ask you out when you just denied him? Sorry, but you don't make much sense and you apparently play games. What was the point of all of this? You do want him. You dont want him. You want him. You dont. How is he supposed to know that he has a chance with you when you just told him you weren't a match. Oh, I get it. He was supposed to grovel. Honestly, I would forget you exist. Stop playing games, learn how to communicate and grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships