Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 12:34 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
Of course thier is a big piece of the story missing. Like a court room. You need two sides of a story in order to paint the picture of what is really going on. My recovery is about 2 to 3 weeks.
If you're going to leave out a "big piece" why expect anyone to reply with anything that's worthwhile?
You just like wasting other peoples time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 12:42 PM

159 posts, read 61,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If you're going to leave out a "big piece" why expect anyone to reply with anything that's worthwhile?
You just like wasting other peoples time?
I told you my story. And my side. I wish she was on city data to tell her side. I'm not wasting no one's time and I'm telling the truth.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
She doesn’t want to visit you in the Bronx. That’s understandable, I guess. You want to stay at home for three weeks while you recover. That also makes sense.

The two of you can’t find a way to compromise. She wants to break up. So fine. There you have it.

My best guess is that this not the only reason she’s breaking up with you. She has better options. A woman who is working on her PhD is probably not irrational. She might be too busy and you’re not making it easy.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:04 PM

159 posts, read 61,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
She doesn’t want to visit you in the Bronx. That’s understandable, I guess. You want to stay at home for three weeks while you recover. That also makes sense.

The two of you can’t find a way to compromise. She wants to break up. So fine. There you have it.

My best guess is that this not the only reason she’s breaking up with you. She has better options. A woman who is working on her PhD is probably not irrational. She might be too busy and you’re not making it easy.
Recovery is never easy. And is never easy for thr care taker either. I did try to make it easy. Her schedule is busy, but to deny me of my wish as someone that is sick and looking to recover is wrong. I also suggested a partial stay in the Bronx while completing the rest and most of the recovery in NJ. Even that suggestion saw obejction from my ex girlfriend.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:40 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
I agree. But I'm trying to figure out why this would be a deal-breaker for her. A phobia of the Bronx? Ok, anxiety is very real, but that by itself doesn't make any sense to me for her to dump her healing boyfriend of 2 years. Like, that's a B* move and she knows it. Even a not nice person would wait for him to heal and then dump him, for the optics if nothing more.
I hear you. What also surprised me about the OP was that he said she has been by his side even though he did not request that she be their [sic]. A two year relationship and that comment just don't match up to me. My SO would never have had to request that I be there if he was ill. You'd have to beat me back with a stick to keep me away. Sounds weird all around. But it looks like the OP got tossed?

Old 08-13-2019, 05:59 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
How inconvenient would it be for her to have to go to your place, work and do what she has to do while you’re laying around on your backside healing up? Seems like the closer you are to her the easier it would be for her to be there for you. How reasonable are YOU being in regards to her needs?

Old 08-13-2019, 06:32 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Sounds to me like she has been looking for a reason to dump you.
Since you dont want to get married yet, dont want the family yet, and shes ready to start now.
While you guys arent talking she will likely start looking for someone new to start her family.
If this is what shes like for three weeks of healing, or cant wait in NJ for you to heal, good riddance.
I think you can see what life will be like with her, controlling, ultimatums, youre dodging a bullet. Find a girl from the Bronx instead that lives life like you do.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:39 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
There isn't necessarily a right or a wrong to this from what I gather from your rather hard to decipher post. She's terrified of your neighborhood. You don't want to leave your nearby relatives. Call it a draw.
Agree with this totally.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:36 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
Recovery is never easy. And is never easy for thr care taker either. I did try to make it easy. Her schedule is busy, but to deny me of my wish as someone that is sick and looking to recover is wrong. I also suggested a partial stay in the Bronx while completing the rest and most of the recovery in NJ. Even that suggestion saw obejction from my ex girlfriend.
I think she’s no longer in love with you.

That’s tough when you’re not feeling well. I hope your surgery is less painful than the breakup and you recover from both quickly.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:43 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,396,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I think she’s no longer in love with you.
I also think there's something underlying here but I don't know what.

It's odd to me that she would dump OP over this. If she felt that strongly about visiting or staying short term in the Bronx, she could have simply said "I'll check in daily via phone/facetime/text but I won't be able to take care of you while you're recovering." instead of just totally washing her hands of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships