Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

I think you need to "Smite him with the jawbone of an ass"

Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
You better hope that that wasn't the Devil telling you to "stay" when God was trying to tell you to "go."

I don't think that "acting on your faith" means putting up with the abuse you're exposing to your children and you're not getting the love you deserved.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:39 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Take a vacation for two weeks without him. Take the kids. Don't call don't even think about him for two weeks. Fly somewhere warm and where he won't suspect you to go.

Then, when you come back see if he changes. If he doesn't see how hard you work around the house and all the things YOU do...then you have no choice but to take the kids and leave.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:58 PM

212 posts, read 754,679 times
Verbal/mental violence is often the worse, your kids need a strong supportive influence in their lives that will help mitigate the damage caused by their father. You feel burnt out, well then don't try to solve this yourself - you say you go to church, my advice to you is to approach your priest, minister or whatever after mass - whenever I have something hanging over me personal contact with my priest really helps and their job at the end of the day is to look after you. Explaining your situation face to face is very difficult, but the hardest part is always the first few words after that it will get easier. Tell him everything thats worrying you about your relationship, it will help you think more clearly and sort out what you want to do from there.

Good luck

Old 01-02-2009, 02:04 PM

11 posts, read 13,000 times
You know this man is not stable. his verbal abuse will turninto physical abuse if you allow it to go on much further. It's only a matter of time. I understand your moral plight to this situation but you have your babies to think of. If they see their father verbally bash their mohter then eventually their father physically abuse their mother it will scar them.
I'd suggest counsiling 1st and if things do not improve you need to leave. A healthy happy mother is better for your babies than a wrecked one.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:14 PM

19 posts, read 53,917 times
Has he always been abusive? My sisters husband acted that way and had a brain tumor that was causing his strange behaivor..look into his health issues you mentioned.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:30 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
It is sad how so many women are abused in this country. You mentioned that you have children, if they are seeing this going on, they will think this is the way women should be treated. vocal abuse is as bad as physical, you just don't see the bruises.
I hope you do what you need to do for you and your children, he has no right to treat you this way.
You have given him a good portion of your life, now it is time for you to enjoy yours without fear.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:04 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
You better hope that that wasn't the Devil telling you to "stay" when God was trying to tell you to "go."

I don't think that "acting on your faith" means putting up with the abuse you're exposing to your children and you're not getting the love you deserved.
This statement is powerful, because I was in a similar place with the verbal and emotional abuse and most times it will be Satan telling you to endure, because GOD would not have you with someone who is abusive to you physically, sexually, emotionally, mentally, or physically. GOD is LOVE-does your marriage demonstrate his love?? Does your marriage represent marriage for those who are seeking an example of a good one based on GODLY love??

Old 01-03-2009, 05:27 AM

290 posts, read 637,356 times
"Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears.

The woman came out of a man's rib not from his feet to be walked on,

Not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal.

Under his arm to be protected, and next to his heart to be loved."

Old 10-08-2009, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,674 times
Fast and pray about it. God works through His Word. Listen to noone but Him. He reveals truth in silence ofen. I stayed for 25 years; we're both professing believers. No more for me! God hates divorce and so do I but I believe He told me that he has more concern for the life in a marriage than the marriage in someone's life! Do His will but be clear about what that is and this thing only seems to come out with prayer and fasting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships