Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 07:06 PM

66 posts, read 195,648 times

Advertisements

With me, it's 50/50. I need a balance of personality and looks, or you're not getting a chance. :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,153,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yeh well thats not going to be working for you in the date world in a few years

Looks matter....If they don't...you are either Mother Teresa (dead not a saint)or some ugly mother yourself. Sounds harsh...but its true.
Yea. That's me I guess.

Looks don't matter to me. But honestly, even way back in high school I wasn't shallow. And EVERYBODY is shallow in high school.

I wouldn't mind just so long as I didn't have to spend time getting to know women well and then have them reject me on the basis of no physical attraction. Excruciating heartbreak.

If every woman wore an illuminated sign on her head that said, "You're an ugly ****. I will never f@ck you in this lifetime no matter how rich or cool you become." I'd just walk away then and there, and this world would be a better place for me.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 PM

733 posts, read 1,760,040 times
I always admit that I'm not the most attractive guy ever, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to settle for just anyone. Even if it takes awhile, I'm going to wait until I come across someone who I am attracted to, and I believe that's how everyone is. I mean, lets be honest...no one is going to date someone who they aren't physically attracted to in one way or another. Saying that looks don't matter is just silly in my opinion.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:47 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,153,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
I always admit that I'm not the most attractive guy ever, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to settle for just anyone. Even if it takes awhile, I'm going to wait until I come across someone who I am attracted to, and I believe that's how everyone is. I mean, lets be honest...no one is going to date someone who they aren't physically attracted to in one way or another. Saying that looks don't matter is just silly in my opinion.
To be honest, it's kind of been a moot point for me.

Every woman I've been on a date with or went for I've had at least a minimal attraction to. The ones that I've ended up dating have been WELL over that minimal attraction level.

But there are women I have no physical attraction to. And I would date them if they were awesome people. I just haven't had to deal with it yet. My natural standards of attraction are very broad. I guess that's good.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:38 AM

32 posts, read 44,506 times
Looks and money definitely matter. However how much each of these matter varies with different people.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:39 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,514,110 times
Looks matter more than most are willing to admit. Personality wins in the end, but if you're not attracted to the person then the rest doesn't matter.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,659,887 times
He doesn't need to be gorgeous but he does have to be someone who I want to kiss often. That is all I require in terms of looks, but I have dated guys who I wasn't that excited about kissing and it didn't last.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:04 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,022,200 times
The little check mark indicates that I have already replied somewhere in this 32 page thread, but I have to say that LOOKS VERY MUCH MATTER!! If you are not physically attracted to the person, they pretty much are just friends material. We are talking about looks at the beginning of a relationship not after 25 years of marriage. Intially, you HAVE to be physically attracted to them.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:22 PM

10,184 posts, read 20,828,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
The little check mark indicates that I have already replied somewhere in this 32 page thread, but I have to say that LOOKS VERY MUCH MATTER!! If you are not physically attracted to the person, they pretty much are just friends material. We are talking about looks at the beginning of a relationship not after 25 years of marriage. Intially, you HAVE to be physically attracted to them.
I agree. The chances of me being attracted to someone without an initial physical attraction are about as likely as Jerry Sandusky being invited to host an episode of Sesame Street.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,232,210 times
Looks really don't matter to me that much. Honestly - I want someone to make me laugh. And someone I can learn from. And no, I'm not a saint. And no, I'm not trying to act holier than thou. Truth be told - I like to be the pretty one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships