Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 08:26 AM

8,273 posts, read 8,662,411 times

Advertisements

Where is the post about his drinking?

Not enough info to give much advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 08:55 AM

349 posts, read 244,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Where is the post about his drinking?

Not enough info to give much advice.
This post was from over a year ago and someone revived it.

Her most recent update is: https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-...inks-when.html

Old 09-14-2022, 05:16 PM

14 posts, read 10,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. OP, do your own research. Who knows what your mother's motives are, for saying what she did? Maybe she fears. you'll move in with her if there's a divorce, and she likes being an empty-nester. Maybe she would be embarrassed for her social circle to know that you got a divorce. There's no way to know what she's really thinking.

Be your own person, and decide on your own what you can and can't afford.
+1. Really this is the only way to be.

Old 09-14-2022, 10:26 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
My take on life is that you find a partner to learn lessons of life. When those lessons have been learned at that level, then you need to find a teacher to take you to the next level. So, it might mean for manhy people that you need to separate and go find that next teacher/partner to continue your education. I am not talking about your mental education but your spiritual education.

By staying with the same partner after you have learned everything they have to teach you, you are essentially staying in the same school class over and over again, year after year. Who would want to do that?

Yes, it is scary to leave what you know. To strike out on your own, to learn self-confidence and resiliance, but this is what it is all about. Life is about change and change is always scary for us as it is stepping out of our comfort zone.

Good luck.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:09 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
Perhaps it's my misperception but it seems that I've seen a numer of the OP's posts here and in general they are all centered upon her personal unhappiness with her life and family. The best suggestion I, or anyone can probably offer is simple: either change your choices, or yourself. Expecting others to change because you are unhappy suggests a degree of self-centeredness that could very well be a source of unhappiness all by itself.

I once heard a phrase that stayed with me: "Change your thinking; change your life." For this OP, it seems especially appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships