Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 01:27 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,955,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liuns fork View Post
I don’t really want to use word date at this moment really, if she agrees I’ll tell her in person as it is. I’ll ask her out
Then you are setting yourself up for failure. She’ll think you are hanging out and will be puzzled when you profess your crush. You lead with date and she knows what your intentions are right off the bat and know what she is getting into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 01:53 PM

3,001 posts, read 1,678,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I don’t know… my future husband formally asked me on a “date”, which seemed awfully old fashioned at the time. My friends sort of swooned at the romance of it, LOL.
Nice. Romance has a lot going for it.

OP listen to the above, women have respect for men who conduct themselves like ellie's husband.

My husband asked me to co-host a party he was giving with him. Party was great. I've always thought that was a very creative way to spend time together in a semi-date way.

Then he asked me for a formal date. We've been together ever since.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:32 PM

5 posts, read 2,681 times
Sort of, hey I like you let’s go on a date? I honestly think it’s way tkk straighforward

Old 09-18-2021, 02:45 PM

6,915 posts, read 4,931,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liuns fork View Post
Sort of, hey I like you let’s go on a date? I honestly think it’s way tkk straighforward
Those exact words are not graceful, but there's nothing wrong with letting her know you like her and would like to go on a date. Thank heavens my husband made his intentions clear instead of being all insecure about it. What's the worse that can happen? She can say no thank you. It's not going to make your balls fall off. @@

Old 09-18-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liuns fork;61941430[B
]Sort of, hey I like you let’s go on a date?[/b] I honestly think it’s way tkk straighforward
If you can pull off something like that in a cute and charming way, sure. That could be your approach.

But have something specific in mind if she says okay.

https://www.instructables.com/How-to...Out-on-a-Date/

Old 09-18-2021, 03:54 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,774,307 times
I'm not a fan of telling a girl you like them, especially if the girl herself never told you that and gives off the vibe that she friend zoned you.

Telling a girl you like her isn't going to change her into liking you. Some women in fact would be even more turned off by that, unless your name is (fill in the name of hottest male celebrity in the world).

Your objective here is to gauge whether she has any interest in becoming more than an internet/text friend, and without losing your self-respect in the process.

Keep it simple and no open-ended questions like the first time. Instead of "wanna hang out" which is too vague and allows the other person to decline in an off handed way, you want to be specific. Something like "hey let's have lunch/dinner this saturday at the new place that just opened up." This way, if she refuses or makes an excuse not to go and once again doesn't make a counter offer, then hopefully you will be able to move on.

IF you are able to get that date, THEN is the time to look for all the visual and verbal cues to see if you has genuine attraction to you.

Old 09-18-2021, 04:52 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,439,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm not a fan of telling a girl you like them, especially if the girl herself never told you that and gives off the vibe that she friend zoned you.

Telling a girl you like her isn't going to change her into liking you. Some women in fact would be even more turned off by that, unless your name is (fill in the name of hottest male celebrity in the world).

Your objective here is to gauge whether she has any interest in becoming more than an internet/text friend, and without losing your self-respect in the process.

Keep it simple and no open-ended questions like the first time. Instead of "wanna hang out" which is too vague and allows the other person to decline in an off handed way, you want to be specific. Something like "hey let's have lunch/dinner this saturday at the new place that just opened up." This way, if she refuses or makes an excuse not to go and once again doesn't make a counter offer, then hopefully you will be able to move on.

IF you are able to get that date, THEN is the time to look for all the visual and verbal cues to see if you has genuine attraction to you.
The act of asking someone out implies there's at least a bit of "like" involved. Or do you just want her to think you don't DISlike her? Yeah, so the vibe is that "I don't know anything horrendously bad about you but I sure don't want you to think I LIKE you" so ...?

Yeah, so OP you don't need to pass her a note saying you like her...you do need to be clear that it's a date. Most women like a guy who is confident and not wishy-washy.

Old 09-18-2021, 04:52 PM

Guys, the main thing is asking a girl out isn't to be taken so seriously or so nervously.

Girls in their twenties get asked out all the time, by men of all ages.

Without sounding cold, it does become no big deal. Women at that age are at the peak bloom of young adulthood and fertility. Men are going to be attracted to that.

So if you ask a young woman out and she says she's too busy it's probably because she's too busy and she's got a lot going on. Things at that age can get hectic.

And I'm just talking about social life. Add in school, work, and family on top of that.

So an "I'm too busy" doesn't mean a personal rejection of you necessarily, it just might mean she has no more room in her life at the moment to fit someone else in.

Old 09-18-2021, 05:19 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,270,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Move on. She's not intereated in in that way.
Bingo. You’ve been friendzoned.

Old 09-18-2021, 05:28 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,955,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I don’t know… my future husband formally asked me on a “date”, which seemed awfully old fashioned at the time. My friends sort of swooned at the romance of it, LOL.
Also I have been totally burned in both directions when someone just asked me for an outing and misunderstanding the intent. Using the D-word makes it super clear. You don’t have to use it when you ask out someone from online dating, everyone knows what’s up. But if it is a person you know casually - make it crystal clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships