Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:50 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times

Advertisements

I hate to ask this, but...you didn't have sex with him. Right?

Can I also ask how old you are?

I would personally just chalk it up to "one of those things". Being on vacation/on holiday is a romantic thing in and of itself. I mean as far as it being an adventure. Everything looks more beautiful. Everything seems more awesome. People do "hook up" one way or another while on vacation, and then in a day or two realize, "What the heck? What's ever going to come of this with the person a bazillion miles away?" or suddenly it just doesn't seem romantic any more.

I'm sorry, but it definitely happens.

Don't worry too much about it, and concentrate on non-travelers from now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 03:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
It really sucks when you have to READ between the lines. Oooh oooh traveler automatically means guy who will never commit or follow through with anything.....

I'd rather just somebody spell it out for me. There are non-travelers that are just the same though. Lead you on then dump you like you never existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Don't worry too much about it, and concentrate on non-travelers from now on.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'll be leaving in a week or so to continue with my traveling. You probably will never see me again.
What else DO you expect when meeting a traveler from another country in a 3rd country...?!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,961 times
It's not rocket science.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:05 PM

It is for me. I'm slow.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:06 PM

I hate reading between the lines. It is such a drag.
Australia is not a 3rd world country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What else DO you expect when meeting a traveler from another country in a 3rd country...?!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
I hate reading between the lines. It is such a drag.
Australia is not a 3rd world country.
Who said it was...? OK, let's make it easier - 2 people from different countries meet in yet another country while traveling? What are your expectations of such an encounter?

Old 05-22-2008, 04:29 PM

fine i get your point. I'm just frustrated with the guy who lives in my city that brushed me off because he is soooo busy with his own schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Who said it was...? OK, let's make it easier - 2 people from different countries meet in yet another country while traveling? What are your expectations of such an encounter?

Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,904,686 times
Quote:
lol. Freaked him out. I can't believe you people are defending him! Good it should freak him out. He is selfish. He should not have lead her on. She just got out of a divorce. He flat out used her (emotionally). What some men and women don't understand is that people arn't objects to be used and then discarded. Some of you on CD can't understand that either.
Please don't lecture me on human relationships and stop attributing your own thoughts and feelings about something onto me.

I didn't defend him. I am simply telling it to her like it is or as I perceive it to be. She asked what I thought and I told her. He's travelling, he's young, and he's an Aussie bloke, right or wrong most likely he's wanting to get out there in the world and have an adventure or two. There's nothing wrong with that.
She isn't wanting to get into a big thing herself either, I simply pointed out given his demographic that he's probably not reliable and she should cut her loses. She didn't have any problem with what I told her, I'm simply stating things as they are.

Oh and for the record I'm not having a go at you, I understand that these things can be upsetting when you're in them. It's unfortunate that many men, particularly young men have trouble articulating what it is they want and they're not always truthful with girls about what they want. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it just is. What she needed to know was should she continue making the effort and personally I think not.

(Oh and before any of the fellas come in and have a go about this last passage regarding men I do realize that this also applies to some women. )

Old 05-22-2008, 07:16 PM

103 posts, read 322,550 times
Understanding men?? Are you serious?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships