Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 12:06 AM

880 posts, read 463,257 times

Advertisements

Yeah , you talked about that first post.
But hey , it doesn't even sound like your even feeling much of anything for him anyway in this post so none of it will even matter in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 01:55 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love-Me-Not View Post
Its definitely a red flag to me. I dont think I would be able to sleep peacefully knowing he is capable of just killing someone like that . Yikes!
We don't know if he "Just killed someone like that."

He got 6 months in prison. That was not just killed someone like that. That sounds like minimum sentence because of the circumstances. Just killed someone like that would be more of a 20 year sentence. You make it sound like he just got up one day and felt like killing someone and just did it.

Stagemomma, go with your gut.

Old 09-20-2022, 09:01 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,099,048 times
I would be curious why he was convicted. Perhaps he overstepped the boundaries of what he was legally allowed to do. Perhaps he escalated the situation. Perhaps it was just a bad situation and someone had to be held accountable. If it was justifiable self defense, chances are he wouldn’t have a felony conviction…

Old 09-20-2022, 09:25 PM

137 posts, read 82,352 times
If it's 20 years ago and he has never had other problems with the law since, I don't think I would put too much weight on that.

The fact he proceeded to tell you about it this early is a good sign.

He was convicted of *involuntary* manslaughter. A serious charge, for sure, but I don't think it'd be fair to assume this is representative of his character as a whole if that's the only offense. For sure that's a serious charge, but it's not like 1st degree murder, or like he killed someone in the heat of passion. He mishandled a situation 2 decades ago, served his time and paid the price.

Some might not like to be reminded of it, but there's an awful lot of people who have done stuff at some point in their life, or at least had the mindset, that could've very well lead them to cause someone else great harm. That they never did could very well be that circumstances just never played out that way, and they sailed smoothly towards maturity without having done terrible mistakes during their youth.

Again, if he doesn't have a repeated history of getting in trouble with the law, maybe he deserves a pass.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:15 AM

2,108 posts, read 1,050,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
So I met this perfect southern gentleman, he is very smart, works with his hands, outgoing, never met a stranger. Easy on the eyes. Today on our second date we had sushi for lunch, then went to a park and sat on a blanket in the shade and fed the ducks. THen he tells me he has something he needs to say and I have an omg moment wondering what shoe is about to drop.

About 20 years ago he was working as a bail bondsman. He was chasing a guy who skipped out on his bail and during a scuffle he shot the guy who then bled to death. He was charged with involuntary manslaughter and served 6 months. So he has a felony on his record. This was the nail in the coffin of his marriage and he suffered some hard times as a result but seems to have come out of it just fine.

He was concerned I would find this to be a deal breaker. It seems like ancient history to me and I was not bothered by it at all.

Should I be?
My sister and her husband owned a bail bonding business and if you think about it, the only criminals that skip court are the dangerous ones that are about to get some hard time. So they freak out and run. They have to suffer the consequences of being hunted down to be brought to justice and if that means putting themselves in danger, that's their fault. Stuff happens. Sad that the guy died, but he knew the risk of running. Bondsmen have the right to carry a gun for a purpose. He would never have been given those rights if he had a sordid background with criminal history.

Sounds to me the guy had a bad rap and paid his dues. Also, he would not tell just anyone that story, but he wanted to be on the up and up with you.That in itself is commendable I think.

If you have reservations, google the incident and do your homework. If the story matches his, I would just blow it off. If it's far more sinister you may want to make some changes.

Old 10-14-2022, 09:02 AM

304 posts, read 239,255 times
Keep us posted on how this develops. Interesting stuff, but people never come back to say how the movie ended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships