Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times

Advertisements

yaaawn....same tired stuff different day.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:12 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Latina women on what type of show?
The ones that are purposefully ghetto; at some point in time Hollywood decided that black ghettos were old news and they've switched to Hispanic ghettos. I don't really watch those type of movies but my boyfriend is an action junkie and he's always watching some random odd late night picture. Last week we were watching something where this lady and her 2 sons were on the run from this other guy and there was like a whole huge drug back story, a dead sister and a club in Havana. I have no idea what the movie itself was about but all the girls had huge earrings, which I thought was responsible for the bobble head effect they had going on.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:39 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
In recent television I see this being done by a lot of young Latina women lol I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone do it in real life.
Really?

My wife used to work with a bunch of Inglewood ghetto girls who would do the whole head moving side to side thing and she thought it was the weirdest thing shes ever seen people do while talking. She said "all these black girls who work in my office do this head moving side to side thing whe when they talk". She's familiar with the move from her studying dance (Indian dancers do it quite often) but not from the ghetto girls.

She had me laughing so hard because she imitated them perfectly. To see this white Russian girl with her hand on her hip and head moving side to side like "LoQuisha" was hilarious.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:46 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Really?
LOL when I think of head rolling I think of Vivica Fox - she annoys me to no end with that head rolling, eyebrow raising and finger waving in every movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
My wife used to work with a bunch of Inglewood ghetto girls who would do the whole head moving side to side thing and she thought it was the weirdest thing shes ever seen people do while talking. She said "all these black girls who work in my office do this head moving side to side thing whe when they talk". She's familiar with the move from her studying dance (Indian dancers do it quite often) but not from the ghetto girls.

She had me laughing so hard because she imitated them perfectly. To see this white Russian girl with her hand on her hip and head moving side to side like "LoQuisha" was hilarious.
I think the keyword is ghetto and these days ghetto is more of a mindset then a demographic. I grew up in an area that's considered the ghetto and none of my friends talk like that. Actually, now that I think about it the gay guy at the shop where I get my hair done talks like that

Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 AM

850 posts, read 1,546,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOL that must be where you live. The main ones I see are the ones who talk with that Clueless dialect and somehow think that because they're dating a white guy they've suddenly come into a better grade of hair. It cracks me up; I mean it's one thing to go natural. It's another to just put water on your hair and think those waves are going to stay all day. LOL I guess it depends on the couple; I see a lot of white girls with cornrows, gold teeth and colorful acrylics.
And you would know?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yeah some black woman have no idea how strange they look when they are talking like that.
Yeah everyone that talks in some stupid way look pretty strange. Most of that is either upbringing or who they choose to hang out with. Understand that part and then you get why they speak that way.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You've just described one of my managers perfectly! You left out having a child with an absentee father. She's got one of them also.
What does her having a child with an absentee father have to do with anything?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Not all black woman are like this and to spew stereotypes about what you see, isn't how every black woman is (Maybe only the ones you have been associated with). I am a black woman and I laugh at how people make it up in their minds that ALL BLACK WOMAN are like this.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnnee View Post
Not all black woman are like this and to spew stereotypes about what you see, isn't how every black woman is (Maybe only the ones you have been associated with). I am a black woman and I laugh at how people make it up in their minds that ALL BLACK WOMAN are like this.
I was saying that white men prefer black woman like that so they can fulfill their ultimate sexual fantasy.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,478 times
Say man. I have been with bout 5 or 6 black women in my life and none of them acted ghetto fabulous. It sounds to me like you are all up in your head with this fantasy. Why don't you go ask a black woman out for coffee or something. By the way I am white and the attraction has nothing to do with ghetto. For me it is all about the individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships