Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 09:56 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Thanks for those thoughts. l wouldn't really call it rural in the true meaning, we are coastal and very high tourist. A lot of towns all around too, with a lot of people and plenty of beaches.There are plenty of pubs locally too actually but l really prefer our main town night wise socially and beach wise day time too actually, great beach, great women. lt is only 25 mins but Hwy though and l hate driving home late night hwy even if l haven't drank. Must admit l only get to a pub now and then these days anyway.
l do get out and about quite a bit though , daily actually but often across state for work too and l usually try to enjoy those too with any nice places on the way.

One thing about it here is l haven't seen or heard of any meetup things but yeah , be a nice idea really wouldn't mind some of that. l'll dig about more. We do have a lot of hike groups which l love doing bc there's mountains not far over- also lots of coastal walks.
OK, so....are you joining those hike groups? That's a great way to meet women. You're posts on this topic, on various threads, seem to indicate, that you'd really like to meet women, but just haven't made much effort, and don't know where to start. And yet here you tell us, you have the perfect venue that's been right in front of you all this time.

So...what's up with that? It almost seem like, for all your wishing and wanting, you're maybe subconsciously avoidant. Here you have a perfect venue at your feet, but you've never tried it? Have you been going on solo walks all this time, without considering joining a group?

Your description of your location makes me homesick for coastal California!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 10:42 AM

6,875 posts, read 4,877,055 times
Any kayaking groups in your area? Women do that, too, at least in my area.

Just try to find groups that have outings that you like doing. There's no point in doing things you don't enjoy , because then you meet someone that is really into something you don't like. Good luck in meeting someone.

Old 10-21-2022, 02:08 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,684,449 times
www.meetup.com is free and not specifically a dating site unless you join a dating group.

It's based purely on interests you look up and that are available in the area. The people who run the respective groups have to pay money for the group they are running. Depending on the group, some may want money to help cover the meetup fees. $0-$3 per meetup is reasonable per meetup.

Hiking groups will probably be in some or many rural areas. The area the OP is in sounds suburban or suburban-rural but touristy and gets enough people. Many transient, but some live around and enough people and density that there should be some choices. Maybe not as much as a big city, but not as little as a very rural area either.

Old 10-21-2022, 05:43 PM

880 posts, read 463,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I have a single guy friend roughly the same age. He literally goes out with ladies 4 nights a week. I think he uses 'Tinder'. He is doing it strictly for sex. He shows me pictures of the ladies, and many are rather normal looking, and I imagine if a man was interested in forming a relationship, some of them would be interested. The age range of the ladies he shows me are 45-55 years old. He is a 'pump and dump' type guy and a lot of the ladies seem to be interested in just that as well.

If it were me, wouldn't bother with that. There is a good selection of interested ladies abroad. Even in your age bracket you can meet a lady that is quite a bit younger or in your age group. Eastern Europe, South/Central America, Asia, all at your fingertips. It would come with risk, but if a man selects relatively carefully, he can do well.

My thought is live boldly, you are a prized person since many in your age group are not interested, available, or suitable to meet ladies at all. If you are living a relatively clean life and have enough get up and go to want to meet ladies, you should move forward intrepidly while you still have a little pizzazz left!

Ahhh that's funny , heard many stories about this sort of thing and age. lt's a classic really one guy 65 and he's biggest problem was he couldn't decide out of 3 women which one he'd marry. Obviously not really in love with any of them if that was the case but nonetheless , who would've thought.
We have many multicultural women here no need to go anywhere and l've always actually preferred European women for many reasons,far from desperate but exs were European by choice too. Not closed but l do prefer.

Playing around, yeah hear that a lot. On a date site brief stint after my marriage, every single woman l met complained all the guys were only playing around- 40s-50s it really surprised me. A lot sure did change since the last time l was single 26yrs before. l know of guys that will never commit to a woman again just meet a few for fun. Not my thing though.
lt's not attracting women women like me no problem there and often half my age, it's meeting someone right. As although l get out and about a lot and there are a beautiful range of all sorts all through my areas, it's always just in passing situations or shops or anywhere, not so social situations bc l don't go anywhere like that, just every day stuff.
l mean as l said first post l do do things to wkends, go here and there , beach, mountain hikes and l do like people places. Even the mountains there's hikers and back packers all over.
Our fishing spot they just walk straight past all day long , it's quite funny. But having been in a relationship all through it was more just scenery and my mate is also with someone. Maybe now that l'm single l should do more fishing haha.

Last edited by randomx; 10-21-2022 at 06:25 PM..

Old 10-21-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, so....are you joining those hike groups? That's a great way to meet women. You're posts on this topic, on various threads, seem to indicate, that you'd really like to meet women, but just haven't made much effort, and don't know where to start. And yet here you tell us, you have the perfect venue that's been right in front of you all this time.

So...what's up with that? It almost seem like, for all your wishing and wanting, you're maybe subconsciously avoidant. Here you have a perfect venue at your feet, but you've never tried it? Have you been going on solo walks all this time, without considering joining a group?

Your description of your location makes me homesick for coastal California!

Way over analyzing there. l've only just separated from my partner a few mths and so l also need a bit of time too as yet. But have been thinking about the future though awhile, hence this thread.
Think l mentioned all that first post not that l expect people to wade through all my rubbish ha, l only skim myself too.
So nope, of course nothing as yet.

Last edited by randomx; 10-21-2022 at 06:31 PM..

Old 10-21-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
www.meetup.com is free and not specifically a dating site unless you join a dating group.

It's based purely on interests you look up and that are available in the area. The people who run the respective groups have to pay money for the group they are running. Depending on the group, some may want money to help cover the meetup fees. $0-$3 per meetup is reasonable per meetup.

Hiking groups will probably be in some or many rural areas. The area the OP is in sounds suburban or suburban-rural but touristy and gets enough people. Many transient, but some live around and enough people and density that there should be some choices. Maybe not as much as a big city, but not as little as a very rural area either.

Thanks for that. But yeah as l was just saying last post, l've only just recently separated form my partner but l am thinking about a future awhile now even before bc we've been having problems, writing was on the wall awhile now.
Our area though yeah your spot on , many passing through and out and about if l just wanted to have fun l'd be made.

But also a lot of people locally throughout too and some very nice, l haven't been single though. Thinking about it all now though as l say.
Social situations is something l've been thinking about though, not so much in just everyday passing or dealings you don't really get the chance to meet anyone really like that though- although yeah hiking where l go you could bump into anyone.

l'll def' look at some hike clubs and see if there's any meetups and any social situations l might be into , about too.

Last edited by randomx; 10-21-2022 at 06:23 PM..

Old 10-21-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Any kayaking groups in your area? Women do that, too, at least in my area.

Just try to find groups that have outings that you like doing. There's no point in doing things you don't enjoy , because then you meet someone that is really into something you don't like. Good luck in meeting someone.

Thanks for that good idea cheers. Been canoeing yrs myself too.
But nah spot on no point doing stuff your not into.

Old 10-22-2022, 04:20 AM

Anyway , thanks for the suggestions people , dk what l was expecting out of a thread on it. There's only so much people can say other than the obvious and things already said l suppose.
l'm gonna check out some of the things we've talked about though, looking forward to it too actually socially and hobby wise anyway, which is the way it should be.

Cheers to all.

Old 10-22-2022, 06:18 AM

24 posts, read 17,327 times
It's definitely possible to meet a suitable partner at your age, you just need to be brutally self-honest to figure out the reasons why you aren't meeting anyone. It sounds like you already have your interests and hobbies, which is great, you're going to want to meet someone with some of the same interests and hobbies as you are. You don't necessarily have to go to pubs but it would be good to get yourself out there.

Dating apps can be an option, with this you'll have your age to work in your favour because generally people on the apps in your age bracket are looking for something a bit more serious.

Old 10-22-2022, 10:43 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Way over analyzing there. l've only just separated from my partner a few mths and so l also need a bit of time too as yet. But have been thinking about the future though awhile, hence this thread.
Think l mentioned all that first post not that l expect people to wade through all my rubbish ha, l only skim myself too.
So nope, of course nothing as yet.
No, you didn't. I just went back and re-read it, and there's no clear timeline given. Your posts on other threads also sound like you've been single and lonely for quite awhile. In any case, you have some good opportunities with those hiking groups, and also I think you mentioned possibly trying out dancing. I think you've been given some good suggestions and support in following through on those options.

This reminds me of a thread we had here years ago. A guy in your age bracket posted about how phenomenal the dating options were at 50. He said he'd been able to date women, who never would have given him the time of day when he was in his 20's. He said he'd dated a former beauty queen, and all kinds of accomplished women, and had a very enjoyable time of it. He felt it was the best age for dating.

Hopefully, you'll have some fun, too. Of course it takes time to meet someone who's a good fit. That's true at any age. Patience is essential. Best wishes! Drop in to give us an update, if you do find that elusive good match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships