Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 08:43 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times

Advertisements

OP, I went through all that back around 23 years ago. What helped me was all the dating sights, or personals as some were called, were all free when I was looking. Yahoo had the best one. Found the best one there and she's been stuck with me ever since. lol On your sentence about all the good ones are a good drive away. That's what I was looking for. In the little town, and county, I lived in, like most small towns, everybody knew everybody. I started looking "within 100 miles". Present wife was 70 miles away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 11:00 PM

880 posts, read 463,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
I’m curious how you can know if someone is or isn’t your type if you haven’t even spoken with them.

Knew that would be one of them. A lot of people say things like that and it always amazes me, so many people just don't seem to even know what they like.
lt's not some list or some rigid thing in stone it can vary, but l know what l like or don't when l see it put it that way well, if there's enough time anyway

And no that doesn't mean if you do meet it will stay that way mind you it did for me but, it is the place to start.

Last edited by randomx; 10-26-2022 at 11:24 PM..

Old 10-26-2022, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
OP, I went through all that back around 23 years ago. What helped me was all the dating sights, or personals as some were called, were all free when I was looking. Yahoo had the best one. Found the best one there and she's been stuck with me ever since. lol On your sentence about all the good ones are a good drive away. That's what I was looking for. In the little town, and county, I lived in, like most small towns, everybody knew everybody. I started looking "within 100 miles". Present wife was 70 miles away.

Nice story thanks for that.
Yeah those personals were good weren't they l remember them way back when. Then l was married , for a long time.
lt all seems to be these internet date sites now , so much bs on them, miss those days. Mind you the last place l wanted to be now is where l am at or even here right now either buttt, unfortunately my partner now ex has some pretty big problems sooooo.

Last edited by randomx; 10-26-2022 at 11:24 PM..

Old 10-27-2022, 08:27 AM

862 posts, read 977,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Crackin me up
Rent a gf , wt ? no thanks. l do know a few guys not interested in relationships or marriage anymore but they just get out to pubs now and then usually end up bringing someone home , not my thing though.
Hi Chess, reason l mention hiking is bc l do it anyway and really enjoy it but also, where l go there's usually a lot of women wondering about too. Mind you l hadn't been single until just recently though soooo, might start getting back into some of that again it's been awhile.
My brother was in a hiking club though actually and he said it was great for women sooo, might even see what clubs are about.
I was single for like 5 years before internet dating and I could not even buy a date for a time so I did. I think it's a human need for to be touched and if it costs money than so be it to survive.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:37 PM

Ah right.
And yeah of course it is , as much as people seem so determined to deprive themselves of such natural things these days.
Glad it worked for you anyway.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:15 PM

1,555 posts, read 781,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I have a single guy friend roughly the same age. He literally goes out with ladies 4 nights a week. I think he uses 'Tinder'. He is doing it strictly for sex. He shows me pictures of the ladies, and many are rather normal looking, and I imagine if a man was interested in forming a relationship, some of them would be interested. The age range of the ladies he shows me are 45-55 years old. He is a 'pump and dump' type guy and a lot of the ladies seem to be interested in just that as well.

If it were me, wouldn't bother with that. There is a good selection of interested ladies abroad. Even in your age bracket you can meet a lady that is quite a bit younger or in your age group. Eastern Europe, South/Central America, Asia, all at your fingertips. It would come with risk, but if a man selects relatively carefully, he can do well.

My thought is live boldly, you are a prized person since many in your age group are not interested, available, or suitable to meet ladies at all. If you are living a relatively clean life and have enough get up and go to want to meet ladies, you should move forward intrepidly while you still have a little pizzazz left!
One night stands?

Old 11-01-2022, 09:19 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,812,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
It's much harder to get out, but you don't have to go to pubs to get out.

www.meetup.com is a good way to try to find groups of people where you can build friendships just from meeting people with at least one similar interest to yourself. Maybe something can develop over time from those groups. Since you live in such a remote area, you might need to be open to traveling further out to do some non-pub related activities.

Make sure you are trying to be as open to others' differences as much as possible. The more factors that bug you, the less likely it is you will be able to mesh with someone else.

The fact that you are within the heterosexual pool rather than the non-heterosexual pool is already a plus for you in that you have many more options even in a rural area potentially compared to other groups.
I second this, I started using meetup a year and a half ago and have made some great friends through it. It's a great tool for meeting people with common interests, whether its for dating or just making new friends.

Old 11-01-2022, 11:12 PM

Yeah as l said earlier or, l think l did anyway, my area's far from remote there's lots of places and people scattered all over the place .
So yeah l'll def see what's about in the meet up things could be something going on in something of interest and with people that fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships