Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 09:55 AM

2,108 posts, read 1,047,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshie1987 View Post
Long story short. Me and her worked at a retail store the same time. I eventually moved up in the company while said co-worker did too. The relationship between me and said co worker might have been more noticeable to some co workers in the company than what I thought. I eventually left the company and the other co worker moved up in the company.

I think some of my old workers might have mentioned some things and she brought it to my attention today. Although she did ask roughly 2 years before about this co-worker to which I stated nothing happened again due to my beliefs the past is the past and to focus on what you have in front of you now aka me.
You should have been vague but honest in the first place two years ago. She asks you say "the past is the past and I'm not going to get into any details of my past with you, nor will I ask anything about yours." This way there is no answer for her to "feed her curiosities" on and cause more problems. You would have told the truth without opening a can of worms. You lied to her and that may be why she's upset, but she should not be upset that you had a sex life before her. I would apologize for lying and tell her to drop it and move on. Nip this in the bud because it's not a valid fight on her end, and if it continues, things are going to get worse if she is the jealous type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2023, 09:41 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love-Me-Not View Post
I hope your wife is not pissed off that you slept with your coworker before you started dated because that will be stupid.

You lying to her is a different story. She have the reason to get mad about that.

Why did you lie to her when she asked you in the first place that you slept with your coworker? If there's nothing going between you and your coworker when you started dating your wife then why lied about it in the first place ? Is there something going on with you and your coworker, are you still sleeping with her? What made her question that slept with your coworker?

That last one is a good question, somethings missing here. What prompted her to even ask the question and did she ask it about other any others?

Old 04-05-2023, 09:54 AM

129 posts, read 171,594 times
NEVER lie to the wife about anything, EVER. That wasn't what I followed in my adolescent going into young adult years. Something I've learned is the truth always come out, some how some way it ALWAYS comes out eventually. I lost a lot of sleep in those years and was extremely high anxiety. Since maturing in my early 20's I sleep like a baby worrying less knowing the only things she can get upset with me about are the things I DON'T or forget to do, like laundry

SOOOOO worth it to be honest bro. I think it's a little petty that she might be upset. It would be more understandable if you still worked together. But you don't. What you did with your ex in the past is nothing. Breaking trust is another ballpark and a weakened link in the chain. Do what you have to do to fix it and learn from it. Best of luck.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:29 AM

126 posts, read 60,036 times
Beast with two backs haha!!

Old 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshie1987 View Post
My wife found out that I slept with a co worker before we started to date. She is pissed off about it and has asked me before if I had. I mentioned I didn't, as I believe it's something of the past. How should I go about this impeding conversation with her.
Tell her "Soo WHAT". It's not like you did this now. Apologizing for past actions before you were with her is a $#!+ Test. Don't fail it or she will lose respect for you.

Old 04-05-2023, 04:50 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Sheesh.

I've been married 30+ years. I am pretty sure my wife was not a 30 year old virgin when I married her. I wasn't, either. All I have ever asked her, is whether she'd been married or had any children. (She hadn't.) That's all I have the right to know. She has not asked me about my history either, except the same two questions (I hadn't.)

Never complain, never explain. The past is the past.
Never complain, never explain. Hank the Deuce's favorite expression.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:52 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,071,613 times
I have to agree with the poster who said don't apologize for your past. I would go on the offensive here with her and be clear and very firm that your past is not her business and that she's treading into territory that's PRIVATE. The fact that you lied about is NOT the issue here. She's your wife but she isn't your therapist, confessor, or whatever you want to call it, and she isn't OWED any details about your past, unless you choose to tell her. You lied because you didn't want to hurt her, plain and simple. Would she rather get a detailed blow by blow description of what you and the coworker did? I guess not. Then she should mind her own business.

To me, she's acting like a spoiled brat that thinks she now OWNS you because she has the ring on her finger. No one deserves to know the details of someone's private past--their dirty laundry, skeletons, or (if you want to call it this) sins.

Old 04-06-2023, 09:00 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love-Me-Not View Post
I hope your wife is not pissed off that you slept with your coworker before you start dating because that will be stupid.

You lying to her is a different story. She have the reason to get mad about that.

Why did you lie to her when she asked you in the first place that you slept with your coworker? If there's nothing going between you and your coworker when you started dating your wife then why lied about it in the first place ? Is there something going on with you and your coworker, are you still sleeping with her? What made her question that slept with your coworker?
I think OP explained that he thinks other coworkers have been talking about it, and it got back to the wife. People like salacious gossip...people talk. So the wife asked about it, and OP lied. But still...there's talk, so she asks again, and again he lied.

Old 04-06-2023, 09:09 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Tell her "Soo WHAT". It's not like you did this now. Apologizing for past actions before you were with her is a $#!+ Test. Don't fail it or she will lose respect for you.
Apparently, people were talking, and it was getting back to her, so she asked her husband about it. I don't think the husband told us she expected an apology for sleeping with this woman. It sounds like she just wanted clarification on the rumors.

It's not the act of sleeping with another woman that has the wife upset. It's the lying, TWICE about it. I mean...he was gaslighting his wife...was he not?

At least, that's the way I'm understanding this.

Old 04-06-2023, 02:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalmanzar1 View Post
Beast with two backs haha!!

That's a line from Othello.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships