Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillworkin View Post
Yea, I miss the hell out of her right now. She came over last saturday and before that was the saturday before. That last week took forever... NOW.. this week, she says she "wants to be alone"... doesnt want to even come over this week after telling me she wants to be with me for sure. Im going to be a bit mad if she goes out with friends this week after telling me all that. I might not even know since she likes to text a lot, and I am paranoid about being lied to, and never know if she is lying I sometimes ask. Now she starts telling me she might not see me next week either due to low money for gas. I wont let that happen.. She did go back on it and say she prob figure something out, but I hate the "dont wanna come this week" stuff
So, you are charging full speed ahead into this relationship despite all the warning bells going off all around you? Be smarter than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 11:15 AM

47 posts, read 126,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So, you are charging full speed ahead into this relationship despite all the warning bells going off all around you? Be smarter than that.
I hardly think I am full speed when I want to see her more then once a week. But I have no choice on how I feel, I just want to see her and understand why she doesnt want to see me this week if she wants to be with me. If I bring it up, lately she has been saying "you always gotta make this about you" when she is complaining about something. Even if we are just talking, she might say that if I ask her abt coming over soon.. haha. I dunno

Old 09-22-2009, 10:38 AM

8 posts, read 19,933 times
women with a bi polar disorder have a tendency to be as averagejoe said sweet and lovable 1 minute and next their cold and in their own world,im dealing with 1 now who 1 day can be sweet as can be and next day you cant figure her out,it gets very frustrating.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Your most likely co0dependent. That will attarct you to people that you think you can save. It says alot about you really according the theories.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,387 times
I have recently, and finally relieved myself from a relationship where she could flip the switch like a light. We could be in a gathering and things would be fine, but once we were behind closed doors a totally different person would come out. I have found that she assumes a lot and no matter how much you tell her that her assumptions are wrong, she has it locked in. She is the type of person that can even change her tone of voice in a split second if need be. Like if a friend would call, she would bring her voice to a high spirited tone. I couldn't even do things around the house or outside without being accused of wanting to not spend time with her, and at the same time I would ask her numerous times to go out and eat, etc. She would turn it down. It became a no win situation. She always thought people or my family were out to get her. I believe I dealt with it for so long because I have tendencies to believe I could change her, and really wanted to be there for her because I knew she was suffering. A prayer helped me for awhile: “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.â€
Reinhold Niebuhr quotes (American theologian, 1892-1971)
I still use it but didn't last long in regards to her. I would also beat myself over the head trying to understand this behavior. I finally realized that you cannot rationalize the irrational. As much as it sucks, if that person doesn't recognize their behavior, you might as well cut your losses. It's not easy, I know, it took me forever. We are talking about someone that wants a divorce every week, and then when you attempt to leave they don't want you to and try to manipulate you to stay. It typically works, and then you find yourself right back in the same boat. It is a nasty roller coaster. I haven't had a chance to read this book yet, but have been told it is excellent to help understand what you are dealing with. The book is called, "I hate you, but don't leave."

Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Im always seem to attract/get with Women that are bipolar or a little
Crazy.Things will start out great and then the Woman will go from..
Showing Affection,etc to being Distant,Cold.Like Flipping a Switch.
I normally wouldnt think of posting something like this on a public forum..
But i have no idea if theres something i can change in myself?
Just like getting insight from many people.
After many experiences with this i almost expect it.
Im not doing/saying anything to cause a change in Behavior..
Things will be going along fine then it happens!
Why not learn to avoid these women...???

Old 01-31-2011, 09:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Why not learn to avoid these women...???
Or they become cold and distant BECAUSE he became cold and distant first! How about that?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,387,602 times
Just because a woman goes from loving to distant does NOT mean they are bi-polar at all. There is a helluva lot more involved with being bi-polar than what you're describing.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Just because a woman goes from loving to distant does NOT mean they are bi-polar at all. There is a helluva lot more involved with being bi-polar than what you're describing.
Oh, we're big on labels around here! All armchair shrinks!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,136,328 times
maybe a good beating would make you the boss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships