Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen in the relationship?
Choose Wife and forget kids? 8 21.05%
Choose kids and hurt wife for rest of life? 7 18.42%
Choose kids and wife leaves relationship? 25 65.79%
Choose wife and go behind her back and contact kids? 1 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:07 PM

306 posts, read 531,081 times

Advertisements

I think she should have a serious talk with the husband and find out how he can better juggle the two things. The new wife does NOT deserve to be neglected, nor should she sacrifice her happiness. The husband has to learn how to accomodate his kids AND his new wife. The responsibility and inconvenience should fall on him, not her. If he can't, or won't, and she's not happy, she should leave IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 01:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Any "new" wife that tries to keep you away from your kids is not worth having. Dump the new, selfish, vindictive hag.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,222 times
I didn't vote because this is a crazy poll. You didn't have an option for take the kids and forget about the selfish new wife. I don't understand chosing a new spouse over your kids.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Heh, the first wives club is quite visible on such threads.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Heh, the first wives club is quite visible on such threads.
And why not? If a man has children with his first wife, his first obligation is to raise his kids, not ditch them for wife number 2!

Old 05-31-2009, 07:17 AM

146 posts, read 369,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyseal View Post
How does one choose really? It depends on the situation right? Does the new wife with no kids don't need a real chance for the relationship? And should she be the one to sacrifice all the time for fathers and kids to be together? Is that the right thing? Especially if the ex wife is jealous , hateful and still in love with the ex? Causing problems and don't want the new wife anywhere close to her kids? Should there be a choice? Should the wife demand that attention be placed on her and her alone? Or should she sacrifice, humbel herself... and give in? The husband had a choice and left the family. So why she must be the one to sacrifice for his errors?
I dont think any Man or Women should Re-Marry if they have kids until the kids are all grown up 18 and over why put the kids thru Hell.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:53 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Default Generally,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'll second that kids should never lose out to a new wife. I assume she knew the situation she was marrying into.

She's not sacrificing for his errors, she's living up to the bargain she made when she married him. The children need to come first. The adults in the situation are the ones who signed up for whatever has to be done to see to that.
I'd agree. But some parents totally confuse what children need and what they need to give. Children need a good role model and a sense of their place in the world - which isn't "first" but "part of". And some kids manipulate the situation. A new wife could be a normal generous person and still be in a losing situation. In which case she should leave and find a less dysfunctional bunch.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:12 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
This thread is too long for me to read the whole thing so I'll base my comment on OP.

It's a sick game that ex-wives play with their husbands. It is far more difficult for a woman to get remarried than a man. So to punish him for moving on with his life, she creates a situation where he has to choose between his new wife and his children. Courts sometimes intervene and allow visitation with the new wife but the ex will still make life difficult.

This type of situation is why when men leave their family they start a new one and don't deal with the old family. The only people who suffer are the children who lose their father because their mother is so busy being vindictive she drives him away.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:37 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfam4 View Post
I dont think any Man or Women should Re-Marry if they have kids until the kids are all grown up 18 and over why put the kids thru Hell.
I tend to agree as it is Hell for everybody involved.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:39 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,719 times
this thread is still going? I'm sure he put the bastards up for adoption or gave them back to their mom and now is tapping that sweet sweet new ass every night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships