Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:42 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
it should be the other way around. people who want to get married and have kids should need to take prerequisite classes before the marriage license is considered. we don't need any more dysfuctional families in this world.
I strongly agree. You know, someone told me that childfree women aren't interested in relationships. Do you believe that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 08:49 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
lol no.

it is gay bashing obviously.

gays who actually wish to get married are such a tiny percentage of the population. who cares if they want to get married. I personally don't want a marriage.

crazy, dysfuctional, and child abusing families are becoming the norm. Prerequisite courses need to teach about taking care of children from in the womb to age 18, education prep for their kids, child abuse/sexual abuse awareness, incest prevention, and basic relationship,communication, financial, and social skills should be learned and relearned.....It just makes sense to do that...it should also be required that parents get continuing education at each phase of their child's development....the law is way too laid back on family issues. They like to punish for crimes but they do not like to do preventative measures nor help establish a better society...it is dumb...considering 1 in 4 girls is sexually molested which causes permanent emotional and sometimes physical damage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I strongly agree. You know, someone told me that childfree women aren't interested in relationships. Do you believe that?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
lol no.

it is gay bashing obviously.

gays who actually wish to get married are such a tiny percentage of the population. who cares if they want to get married. I personally don't want a marriage.

crazy, dysfuctional, and child abusing families are becoming the norm. Prerequisite courses need to teach about taking care of children from in the womb to age 18, education prep for their kids, child abuse/sexual abuse awareness, incest prevention, and basic relationship,communication, financial, and social skills should be learned and relearned.....It just makes sense to do that...it should also be required that parents get continuing education at each phase of their child's development....the law is way too laid back on family issues. They like to punish for crimes but they do not like to do preventative measures nor help establish a better society...it is dumb...considering 1 in 4 girls is sexually molested which causes permanent emotional and sometimes physical damage...
I don't see how people, esp. women, can put up with kids.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
what is that supposed to mean? do u say that because women are sometimes crrraaaazy. If people want kids they had BETTER prepare because those kids turn into crazy teens or crazy adults..

Quote:
I don't see how people, esp. women, can put up with kids.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
what is that supposed to mean? do u say that because women are sometimes crrraaaazy. If people want kids they had BETTER prepare because those kids turn into crazy teens or crazy adults..
Yes they do turn into crazy teens. There were alot in high school.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Yes they do turn into crazy teens.
Tell me about it...

Old 06-16-2008, 10:40 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
I'm not going to lecture you on the difference between government types. I'm just going to say that we have a lot more to be thankful for than some people in the world. Thank god I live here and not China. I may have already gotten capped over something I said.
Sorry for going off topic, but I'm w/ the doc here. Worse than China, perhaps, is Burma (Myanmar). Just watch the newest "Rambo" DVD and you'll be shocked. Granted, it's just a movie. But the DVD has a featurette that tells you what's really going on in the country formerly known as Burma, and if anything, the movie toned the actual violence down a little. It's a great movie, BTW.

OK, we may now continue our normally scheduled discussion of banning childless marriages.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:07 PM

348 posts, read 846,922 times
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous law on the books so far--I don't see how they can pass it.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:34 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Since the concept of marriage dates back to a time when paternity couldn't be proved and women needed supporting, both of which are no longer true today, I'm surprised they don't just ban marriages. 50% of them end up in divorce court anyway.

Seriously, what is the purpose of marriage today? It's not a life long contract anymore. It's temporary. And we can use a Q tip to figure out who daddy is.

Think of the savings. The tens of thousands of dollars spent on weddings could be put down on a house and what's saved in lawyers fees when couples divorce could go right into the kids college fund. You could to an automatic DNA test at birth to avoid any confusion (right now, if you're married to a woman and accept when the tells you the kid is yours, you get the child support payment even if the child is later proven not to be yours).
You've been reading my mind. Why have the government involved at all? Why are people so wound up about it? If its that important go to a church and get the spiritual binding. Go to a lawyer and work out the legal details.
Why file at the courthouse? Why government sanctioned?
Didn't the Bush administration set up some sort of pro-marriage/family agency? Funded by tax dollars? I was pretty unhappy about that.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:41 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bby07 View Post
I read that in Washington, childless marriages are going to be banned, couples must have children within 3 years after they've married. Do you think they should have this.
Another instance of the internationalnet rumormill contributing negatively to the sum of knowledge.

Absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships