Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:02 PM

7 posts, read 17,555 times

Advertisements

Age is not at all a factor if the two could understand and accept each other in a serious relationship. Not all but some older women are dominant characters that cannot be tolerated by men, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 12:08 PM

283 posts, read 934,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
So you wouldn't be a boy toy like Demi Moore's husband is? Not willing to try a woman up to 15 years older? lol.
Id love to have a situation like this later if I am not with the person Im with now, a little younger is fun, maybe a lot younger would be even more so! (How bad does that sound?)

Old 08-16-2009, 02:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,207,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
(How bad does that sound?)
Quit wondering how anything sounds to strangers! Do whatever pleases YOU!

Old 08-16-2009, 06:11 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,686,882 times
Older or younger if fine. I prefer 3 to 5 years, but will go as much as 10. I want to be able to come from the same cultural reference points.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:23 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,300,843 times
Why are all the questions directed towards the men ? I'm going to flip your question around and answer it for the women, er woman .

I've dated younger guys and older guys - and I don't really have a preference, but I do require that they have some maturity. I've met men twice my age who still don't have it together, so although it seems like age should make a difference, in some cases it doesn't. I would be hesitant to date anyone that I considered to be "too young" though. Not that I wouldn't consider it, but I would have my reservations.

As far as older guys go, like men more than 10 years my senior, I've always been attracted to them but I'm always afraid that they would talk down to me or try to be in control. Not that I wouldn't be willing to try it out if I met the right guy. In general, I think age does make a difference but its not as important as people make it out to be. That is my piece of wisdom for today .

Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM

10,175 posts, read 20,795,095 times
Younger in body and spirit, older in terms of emotional maturity. The actual number isn't that important to me.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Younger in body and spirit, older in terms of emotional maturity. The actual number isn't that important to me.
Hmmmmmm ...

Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,478,303 times
at this point i cant like older women, they are all dead.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
at this point i cant like older women, they are all dead.
Lol good one Huck!

Old 08-17-2009, 01:06 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,039,229 times
Hilarious Huckleberry..Im sure there are still a few around...

As for myself, Ive found that throughout my dating life..most of the women i have dated have been at least 3 years younger. Even in High School, i can't recall dating any women my age..Not that i didn't try..It just always seemed that i had more things in common with someone younger as even my Buddies were younger..

That being said, i also have dated a few women who were say 3 years older..One of which would have made a pretty good match had she not been in a place where she had many things to get past..long story there..but anyhow,

Im almost certain that i will marry someone who is at least a couple years younger..as i myself are very young at heart..and look about 6-8 years younger then my age as well..I recently had someone i work with make the comment that they could see me pull off dating someone in their senior year of high School..not that i would...but it was something i had to laugh at..

I do believe there is a limit though.. i mean what, at my "youthfull" 34 would i have in common with someone just turning 21??..or even 23??..Ive already "gone through" all the motions..and while a Friday or Saturday night out is fine..i have better things to do then spend my life in a nightclub...already been there..Those days, as great as they were, are in the past..

Now, as far as what "age range" if you might call it that.. i am hoping my future wife might be in..Id say between 26-30..though if i met the right woman..and she was my age..or a year or two older..yet still youthfull,..in a positive way, i wouldn't pass her up...

For me, it is all about enjoying as much of life..while you are there to enjoy it...and it is always nice to have someone beside who can keep up...or challenge you to keep up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships