Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 12:52 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,924 times

Advertisements

and there is a difference in this world between labels and behavior.

saying straight means nothing really,

so to be precise...

straight men do fantazise about sex with other men
not all straight men fantazise about sex with other men
heterosexual men never fantazise about sex with other men
(well real hetero men dont...)

they prefer transexuals!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 04:09 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
PLEASE do your wife a favor and leave her first.

If I was married and my husband did that too me, I would cut his heart out and make him eat it.
LMAO!Linsey!! right on girlfriend!!!!!!!!!

If my husband even had a thought about that..I would divorce him!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:15 AM

82 posts, read 192,808 times
I think your wife has a right to know you're having these feelings. Whether you act on them or not, your wife entered into a marriage with a man she thought was straight. Keeping the truth from her is fraud. She has every right to decide if she wants to remain married to someone who is, in fact, bi. It's not a decision you get to make for her by withholding the truth.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:31 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbmac View Post
I think your wife has a right to know you're having these feelings. Whether you act on them or not, your wife entered into a marriage with a man she thought was straight. Keeping the truth from her is fraud. She has every right to decide if she wants to remain married to someone who is, in fact, bi. It's not a decision you get to make for her by withholding the truth.
I think you're overreacting. Simply having some thoughts doesn't make one anything. If he says he's straight, I don't see why that's difficult to believe.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:44 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,983,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I think you're overreacting. Simply having some thoughts doesn't make one anything. If he says he's straight, I don't see why that's difficult to believe.
I agree. Many, many people have fantasies and most of us don't really want those [sometimes unusual] fantasies to actually come true. It doesn't mean he doesn't love his wife. Me having fantasies doesn't mean I don't love my husband. I have absolutely NO desire to be with another man (or woman,) but I have an active imagination. I expect my hubby also fantasizes and I think that's totally normal. I don't really want to know if he's fantasizing about a woman (or man) other than me, but it sure doesn't bother me. I'm secure in his love for me.

I believe fantasizing is what spartyfan is talking about. Fantasies and nothing more. I think the way he worded his original post made many people think he meant more than just fantasizing (I believe he said he had 'entertained the thought' of having sex with a man.) That kind of sounds like he might actually do it. In subsequent posts, however, it seems he actually meant that he fantasizes about it. I personally see no reason why he needs to tell his wife. He says he has no plans to act on the fantasy.

For those who might wish to read about how normal fantasizing about unusual things really is, here's an enlightening article: Why We Fantasize: The Science of Sex . According to this, sparty is really really normal. And so am I . Sparty just has a little more chutzpah to actually admit what it is he fantasizes about.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 PM

11 posts, read 67,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I agree. Many, many people have fantasies and most of us don't really want those [sometimes unusual] fantasies to actually come true. It doesn't mean he doesn't love his wife. Me having fantasies doesn't mean I don't love my husband. I have absolutely NO desire to be with another man (or woman,) but I have an active imagination. I expect my hubby also fantasizes and I think that's totally normal. I don't really want to know if he's fantasizing about a woman (or man) other than me, but it sure doesn't bother me. I'm secure in his love for me.

I believe fantasizing is what spartyfan is talking about. Fantasies and nothing more. I think the way he worded his original post made many people think he meant more than just fantasizing (I believe he said he had 'entertained the thought' of having sex with a man.) That kind of sounds like he might actually do it. In subsequent posts, however, it seems he actually meant that he fantasizes about it. I personally see no reason why he needs to tell his wife. He says he has no plans to act on the fantasy.

For those who might wish to read about how normal fantasizing about unusual things really is, here's an enlightening article: Why We Fantasize: The Science of Sex . According to this, sparty is really really normal. And so am I . Sparty just has a little more chutzpah to actually admit what it is he fantasizes about.

You have totally captured the essence of my being. I found out quickly that I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,230,680 times
Sparty,

I've met a few men in your shoes- married and/or single guys who have had gay fantasies. I think it's perfectly normal, and much more common than many people think.

It's obvious that you are happily married and that you want to stay true to your commitment with your wife. That is very admirable, and for that I have much respect for you. Quite frankly, it's irrelevent whether you are attracted to other men or to women. The important thing is that you don't step outside those boundaries and sleep with someone besides your wife- that's when it becomes a problem.

Fantasizing is just that- fantasizing. Attraction is not something that we can change or control. It just happens. Don't sweat it.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:39 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartyfan3 View Post
I'm happily married for 25 years, great wife, kids, job. But, I've always entertained the thought of a physical encounter with another guy. Anyone else? Or, am I just that odd?
Always would mean how long? Would this be a feeling that started when you were younger and before you were married, or has this feeling started since you've been married?

My guess would be that you may have homosexual tendencies that have been surpressed for many years. It may be time to look at the truth with who you are. I haven't ever met any heterosexual men who have entertained the thought of a physical encounter with another man. But I guess it's possible. I think it would be wise to look at this a little deeper, with someone who can better assist you rather than throw yourself out to the internet forum dogs!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:10 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,312,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I can tell ya one thing - it's extremely unlikely that any regular will let ya know! One day when you become addicted to C-D you'll probably regret posting this yourself.
Aint that the truth.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:25 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,312,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
Sorry bud, you need to talk to a counselor.

It's not something guys go through unless they're gay or bi. Not a normal thing at all. I couldn't find myself attracted to a man if I were paid a billion dollars. Yeah, billion.

You ever heard the term "thou doth protest too much"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships