Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:39 PM

874 posts, read 3,682,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I know that the better the personality, the "hotter" a person looks to me. At one time, I dated a cute guy. Cute. But we hit it off, and meshed so much...that very very shortly I thought he was HOT. My friend admitted when she first saw him in the bar, he was OK. But the more she got to hang with him with me, she used to gush over how cute he was....for some reason they just didn't hit it off...remember, you are only seeing one side of it...
True indeed, which is why I wish I could hear it from the horse's/piece of crap's mouth. I'm just sooo curious to get into this guy's head. They made the agreement, if there wasnt an attraction..lets just keep it moving. He also claimed to be a very blunt person..so wth?

She has come to terms with his decision..no problem..but why wouldnt he just respond for closure if he thinks she's such a nice girl..good catch or whatever. I just dont understand men and how they think..

Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,643,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
..but why wouldnt he just respond for closure if he thinks she's such a nice girl..
Most men aren't into "closure" - that's a female trait...

Old 07-01-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Hmm...interesting..

Old 07-01-2008, 01:49 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,623,117 times
Quote:
And she's not a smoker..one tattoo but not visible with clothing all.

Could it be that he's just one of those guys that likes to spend money on women to get what he wants. Now he has the sex..so thats that? I really think thats dumb.. What I cant understand..why shower a woman with gifts..jewelry at that, clothing..dinner and then give her the boot. Its not as if they were dating for a long time. It just doesnt make sense to me. Gosh..not even to respond to the woman and give her a fair answer as to why he didnt want to see her anymore.
Probably. They like the challenge of pursuit. Once they get it, its over. Either that or he is married.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:51 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,015,059 times
I wonder if it's because they had sex?? Some guys have this weird mentality about sex. It's ok for them to have sex, but if the girl has sex with them before a certain timeframe, then they lose interest?? I remember I had a similar circumstance. When the date was over, the guy tells me that "I" did a big "no no" and had sex with him way too soon! WTF?!

I personally think your friend's guy just couldn't handle it and probably thought that she would be instantly and madly in love with him? It sounds like he got scared off? Maybe he's married or already has a girlfriend? Or maybe he is just a BIG FAT JERK!!!!!!!

I feel for your friend (hugs). I think what he did to her very hurtful. I hope one day she finds the right one who will treat her like gold.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,623,117 times
Exclamation lol-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Yers, many times I have puzzled over the actions of a man I dated, and then hear from him 6 months later--- They just think differently from women, IMO.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:52 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,643,339 times
Actually, I think your friend is lucky, given the way this guy acts...

Old 07-01-2008, 01:53 PM

54 posts, read 152,657 times
Quote:
And she's not a smoker..one tattoo but not visible with clothing all.

Could it be that he's just one of those guys that likes to spend money on women to get what he wants. Now he has the sex..so thats that? I really think thats dumb.. What I cant understand..why shower a woman with gifts..jewelry at that, clothing..dinner and then give her the boot. Its not as if they were dating for a long time. It just doesnt make sense to me. Gosh..not even to respond to the woman and give her a fair answer as to why he didnt want to see her anymore.
Some men don't value money as other may. . so the gifts and things may have been nothing to him to get her. May have been his way of paying her back for the gas that she spent driving back and forth home to see him. It may have been a blanket from his grandmother but wasn't that significant to him cause he adored others she had given him. He actually (from what you wrote) seems to be a gentlemen. Men i know would have tossed her out after the sex but honestly I think the sex turned him off and made him uninterested in her if all. I know its hard understand but, . . plz tell her. . don't have sex with a man on your first meeting NO MATTER HOW MUCH SHE THINKS HE IS FEELING HER. It's actually hard to take a woman seriously when she does that unless he is feeling her as much as she is feeling him. Tell your friend just to be careful.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Probably. They like the challenge of pursuit. Once they get it, its over. Either that or he is married.
I guess its your first comment.. Its just so pathetic..my girlfriend was pretty understanding and wanted both of them to just keep it real in order to spare each other's feelings. She just wanted a reasoning behind the "Sorry, we're not a match" statement.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:07 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
easy does it slow is good. instant attraction is exciting but but not always rewarding.
happy 4th july
have a rose

pdclipart.com
free clipart

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships