Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:55 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yea, I can be mean but its the truth. Except he has hair on his head. He's like a Cuban Chia Pet
That term rings a bell - you must have used it before on this site.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:19 PM

21 posts, read 36,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Yes I'm 19 and I was thinking the same thing.
I'm almost 19 and she is so right! It's scary for me. lol I've thought about it a few times but always chickened out.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:22 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanamarie11 View Post
I'm almost 19 and she is so right! It's scary for me. lol I've thought about it a few times but always chickened out.
So you think its best to approach guys with a group a friends or sending a friend to get the guy you like?

How would you feel if it was vice versa?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:21 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,518 posts, read 6,325,899 times
LAfan

Hon. Im not usually this blunt but its been 13 pages. You are never going to get a date if you dont actually ask SOME body. You are 19. You dont have to marry the first person you date. You should be dating/having fun not holding auditions. So what if a girl might want kids some time in the future. Take her to the movies, enjoy each others company and move on. Consider it practice dating. If you dont want kids. Keep your Willy in your pants.

Also if you always expect the worst from people then that is what you will get. If you assume the best you generally get that too. This wont be PC but it doesnt matter what you feel on the inside. Its what you project on the outside. So Im recommending you fake it till you make it. In the beginning your smile and your attitude might be fake, but after a while it will become second nature. And one day you will find out youve changed. For the better. Besides being nice is easier. Theres way less drama. And as Ive said before being nice pizzes mean people off big time. BTDT got the T shirt.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:25 AM

Maybe change on some things, but not everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
LAfan

Hon. Im not usually this blunt but its been 13 pages. You are never going to get a date if you dont actually ask SOME body. You are 19. You dont have to marry the first person you date. You should be dating/having fun not holding auditions. So what if a girl might want kids some time in the future. Take her to the movies, enjoy each others company and move on. Consider it practice dating. If you dont want kids. Keep your Willy in your pants.

Also if you always expect the worst from people then that is what you will get. If you assume the best you generally get that too. This wont be PC but it doesnt matter what you feel on the inside. Its what you project on the outside. So Im recommending you fake it till you make it. In the beginning your smile and your attitude might be fake, but after a while it will become second nature. And one day you will find out youve changed. For the better. Besides being nice is easier. Theres way less drama. And as Ive said before being nice pizzes mean people off big time. BTDT got the T shirt.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 PM

213 posts, read 936,641 times
Default Sort of on topic

If a woman wanted to ask a man out, is it better to email them or ask them face to face? I am hoping you say email is fine.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamsauer View Post
If a woman wanted to ask a man out, is it better to email them or ask them face to face? I am hoping you say email is fine.
I'll have to go through free dating sites where I don't have to subscribe to find my match, and send her emails and flirts.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:04 PM

672 posts, read 5,822,106 times
When I was dating, in my teens and early 20's (I met my hubby in my early 20's) I almost always approached the guy. I can think of just a handful of instances when I was approached. The rest of the time, I approached the guy and asked him out or chatted him up. I didn't want to wait around for the guy to ask me--because it rarely happened.

I think my approach to this was formed in high school. I was always asking out the boys back then, because I never got asked out. I would call up boys and ask them if they wanted to go on a date!

That's how I met my hubby. Joined an online dating service in my early 20's and I was the one who contacted him.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
When I was dating, in my teens and early 20's (I met my hubby in my early 20's) I almost always approached the guy. I can think of just a handful of instances when I was approached. The rest of the time, I approached the guy and asked him out or chatted him up. I didn't want to wait around for the guy to ask me--because it rarely happened.

I think my approach to this was formed in high school. I was always asking out the boys back then, because I never got asked out. I would call up boys and ask them if they wanted to go on a date!

That's how I met my hubby. Joined an online dating service in my early 20's and I was the one who contacted him.
Was the dating service free?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I was beginning to wonder why girls never approach guys? Why does it always have to be the guys to approach girls? Why do guys always have to do the hard work; the approaching, the greeting, the 'asking out' routine', all that?

Now I've never approached a girl, not even asking her out because I can't take the risk of rejection. One girl did approach me back in high school, but that was it.
I don't think it is fair that a guy should feel he needs to approach a girl. I myself am really shy and under confindent, and so I would need to wait for a guy to approach me. I think that it should be the more confident person who does the approaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships