Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 PM

874 posts, read 3,678,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I'm still liking my idea....I'm telling you...a mixed CD if you know what kind of music she likes then do like new 2008 releases of that genre...otherwise, you can't go wrong with 2008's biggest hits.....everyone likes music and flowers are a little "WOW" for a first date....i'd be careful.
This is a very good idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 PM

874 posts, read 3,678,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrfalcon View Post
I bring a knife, a handgun... and my wallet, maybe some breath mints. Your preferences may vary depending upon local laws.

It's a first date, don't be a fool. Listen to some Mr. T advice

YouTube - B.A. BARACUS! words of wisdom
lmao..crazy.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I'm still liking my idea....I'm telling you...a mixed CD if you know what kind of music she likes then do like new 2008 releases of that genre...otherwise, you can't go wrong with 2008's biggest hits.....everyone likes music and flowers are a little "WOW" for a first date....i'd be careful.
I like the idea too, suggested it too but on a thumb drive.
It's what we used to do in the old days.. copy music to a cassette tape.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
On a first date, I don't think, it's important to bring anything other then manners and attentiveness....honesty, etc. I think the first date is basically to find out if you both have the same interests and want to pursue each other further? Unless of course, you have known each other for a long time? I also don't think a first date should be to time consumming...unless you feel you are both having a good time...I believe the man can take the initiative to ask her if she'd like to go here or there, and if she says no, then, so be it. I think the man should also ask if she is having a good time...or is there something special she would like to do tonight? If she says no, it's getting late, then, allow her to go, but ask her if you can call her? On the second date, I would bring something...small...if you like...?

Just my thoughts.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:34 AM

23 posts, read 81,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
How about a cute poem, type it up and frame it? Thats simple yet, you obviously put alot of thought into it. Something in regards to looking forward to meeting her, yada yada..

To me bringing a poem that early on is very much like bringing a bunch of roses. It's too much for a first date and is more appreciated when given to the person after they have started laying down a connection between the two.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
look, just bring a copy of the Kama Sutra for her

Old 08-04-2008, 11:21 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
a bottle of everclear?

Old 08-04-2008, 01:22 PM

23 posts, read 81,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
a bottle of everclear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
look, just bring a copy of the Kama Sutra for her
The two comments above are not exactly helpful. I have a pretty good sense of humor, and it's great that others do to, but lets please leave the jokes for another post. This topic actually kinda matters to me.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pointone4 View Post
The two comments above are not exactly helpful. I have a pretty good sense of humor, and it's great that others do to, but lets please leave the jokes for another post. This topic actually kinda matters to me.
I thought the results were in order already. How long are we gonna wait?! Darn slow reality shows!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,856,309 times
In addition to good manners, attentiveness, and a healthy helping of listening skills, I would say just to pay attention to your overall appearance. Of course, hygiene is a must, but pay attention to the details too (nice fingernails, non-rumpled clothes, decent shoes). Believe me, women pay attention to this stuff. I don't have any idea what your personal style is (e.g., preppy, goth, or anything in between), but just be sure to look like you pay attention to and take pride in your appearance. Fresh breath is a must!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships