Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 08:43 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times

Advertisements

The original post was a few years ago....
But I'll add my thoughts.
I've been a mom since my 18th bday.......
Had my kids all before 30 & now, in
my mid 40s actually would love to have another baby.
I've never been one to follow the "rules."

I hope the OP found someone to have a few with lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 AM

112 posts, read 141,496 times
What did you do these last dozens of years then? I think its over you missed the train, no to be mean or anything but it sounds like you regret that chances you had to be a mother were the chances you rejected and so now im not sure if its too late for you but thats up to you, you can still be a mother at 40, you better hurry up since time is running out for you.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:06 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I guess if I wanted a child that badly, I'd do it myself (although the tackling a guy on the street option sounds intriguing ), probably by adopting. For now, however, I'm going to see where life takes me in the next couple years. Hopefully I'll meet a guy who does want kids, but if that doesn't happen, I still have time to adopt. Adopting may be the only option for me anyway, with my non-fresh eggs

One piece of advice for guys out there - if you don't want kids, be very up front about that in a new relationship. I was lied to by my ex-fiance. We talked at length about having kids of our own, discussed whether or not I'd keep working, and selected the home we bought together based on the need for an extra bedroom. We'd only been in the house two months when he bailed and one of the excuses he gave was that he didn't want any more kids (among the many sorry excuses he gave, 19 days before our wedding). Might have been good to disclose that before the mortgage papers were signed!

I do have some friends who adopted twins from Russia. They were both in their early 40s, I think he was 40 and she was 44, and neither had kids already. They tried the in-vitro route but it didn't work. Last I heard, they were blissfully happy with their adopted children.
I dont think you were lied to by your ex about having kids. I think he ultimately figured out he didnt want to be married to you, which is why he bailed. Sad, but thats how he felt.

edited to add I got sucked into an older thread, darn...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships