Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:21 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Taxis ARE available pretty much everywhere. Even small towns. They might not be available 24 hours a day, but in an emergency, they do have ambulances.

I walk, even when something is five or six miles away. I've even walked 20 miles before. Took me a while, but I did get there.
Wrong. I live in a small town, with another small town between ours and the nearest city. There are no taxis in either town.

Taking a taxi to work every day would cost far more than a car.

Quote:
ANd they FAIL. I believe you fail your children if they are NOT in a two-parent home, with one being available to the kids at all times. That's why society is going to Hell, because parents aren't consciously raising their kids any longer. They're not there for their kids.

Single parenting is an abomination.
So, by your logic, if one parent dies, then the other should give up their kids?

For the love of god, I hope you've been neutered. If not, you should be. If you have sex with someone, you are equally responsible for any child that is created. If you're not willing to be responsible, then get fixed or don't have sex.

You can't force someone to have an abortion any more than you can force them to have a child. You're talking about telling someone what to do with their body, and you have no right to do so.

Society isn't going to hell because of single parenting. However, misogynistic, sociopathic attitudes certainly don't help. Neither does abandoning your kids because you can't be bothered with them. No matter how loving their current home is, they will always know that their father didn't want them - and that may be something they never get over.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Pregnancy isn't a man's problem. It's a problem for those who need to stay in the kitchen.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:28 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Quote:
Pregnancy isn't a man's problem. It's a problem for those who need to stay in the kitchen.
LMAO, you are funny!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
And when child support goes directly to the child, you'll have a point. Instead, the mother uses that money to pay rent, or buy a new car, or buy herself new clothes. If you pay out money, you can't guarantee that it goes directly to the child. If you think child support is necessary, it should go into a trust for the child to draw from when they turn 18.
It does take two to tango, but there isn't a risk of the man getting pregnant. IF the man were the one getting pregnant, it would be HIS responsibility, and not hers...because he's the one with something to lose.
And how in the hell is the kid supposed to have his financial needs met when income that should be supporting him is gathering dust in a trust fund for those 18 years????? That is singularly THE most idiotic thing I have yet to hear on this forum ever.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
If the courts took custody of your children from their mother, why don't you have custody?
With his attitudes about woman, his kids are better off without him. Not all men can be real fathers like you Sunil's dad

Old 09-27-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And how in the hell is the kid supposed to have his financial needs met when income that should be supporting him is gathering dust in a trust fund for those 18 years????? That is singularly THE most idiotic thing I have yet to hear on this forum ever.

Because then you KNOW that the money isn't being spent on mom and her new boyfriend! It's definitely going to the KID!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Because then you KNOW that the money isn't being spent on mom and her new boyfriend! It's definitely going to the KID!
You just sound bitter. While there may be a percentage of mothers who don't do the right thing with their child support, the majority of them do. The reality is, most child support isn't sufficient enough to cover all the childs costs anyway. Most custodial moms scrape by or are lucky enough to remarry responsible men who pick up the ex's slack - fortunately for the kids.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:58 PM

My own mother blew our child support...and we didn't get any benefit from it.

She had steaks, we had gruel. Actually, she went out to eat, and we had to cook for ourselves, if we could find anything in the house to eat. She always had nice new clothes, we usually wore hand-me-downs or stuff from Goodwill.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:03 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
I'm sorry you had such a bad childhood, but what your mother did does not mean that all mothers will do the same. There are plenty of mothers who put their children's needs ahead of their own.

Again, if you felt this strongly about children, you should never have had unprotected sex. If you haven't been snipped yet, you need to. No other woman or child should be subjected to your misogyny.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
for the affluent older man that is an olympic level understatement. the error of the 21st century for guys is confusing a legal event with a romantic event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships