Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 09:26 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Was_A_Phoenix View Post
I'll be lucky to find one who isn't nuts.

Sigh.

I don't even want to THINK about the other compatibility issues.

This is getting me down. I don't want any advice on this.

Thanks.
Then why post on a forum about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 09:29 AM

746 posts, read 2,176,965 times
Relax and don't try so hard. My husband was 42 when we met and we had both already been through marriages with incompatible mates. It's when we weren't looking for someone that we found each other. Concentrate on making friends and let nature take it's course. If the right person comes along, you'll know it. Just don't get too caught up in the 'perfect' person, compatibility is more complicated than a list of personality traits.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,119,212 times
Hmmm, glad to see this thread is getting *somewhat* back on track. I find it an interesting topic.

My daughter is one of those super-duper genius-y types and she's never lacked for companionship.

I think perhaps this has to do with her choices in life and her interests and avocations.

I suppose if one is searching for a needle in a haystack, it pays to be looking in the right haystack.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 AM

1,152 posts, read 3,201,856 times
Phoenix:

Dang girl, sounds like you need to stop worrying about compatibility for a while and just need to get laid! So yeah, call me up.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,919 times
Quote:
piperspal,

Well, Piper, do you have a better idea?
Didn't know I needed one.

Quote:
How ARE you going to verify that I am a genius?
How can you even become sure that I am NOT one?
Wasn't planning on taking the time one way or the other. Besides, you've done a pretty good job all by yourself of helping us all to form an OPINION about you. I don't believe anyone here is looking for proof - because we don't put a lot of stock in all of this B.S. to begin with.

Quote:
This task you have undertaken is not easy!
Comments, S.W.A.P., not tasks, comments.
(BTW, thx to Lola for the anagram! )
I have realized, however, that I like a good debate more than I thought; & my hat is off to you for that.

Quote:
You can't just ask me to scan in an IQ test. That can be forged too easily. Even if Mensa had a members list, how could I prove to you that I was the member I claim to be?
I don't believe in IQ tests, so scanning one in is moot. When I asked if you were a member of Mensa, I wasn't "requiring" proof - I would have taken your word for it. Where I began doubting you was when you stated you are not in the Prometheus Society either. Your reasons for not being a member just don't convince me. Don't worry about proof either way - I'm not asking for it. You aren't on trial here! I just choose not to believe you.

Quote:
Its not like there's something you can do that proves I'm not a genius, either. Geniuses aren't perfect, so lack of perfection doesn't prove it. Geniuses make mistakes like anyone else - so even if I do something that is a mistake, that doesn't prove I am not a genius. Most geniuses aren't good at everything so even if you ask me to do something I can't do, that doesn't prove I am not a genius.

The only way to be sure is to see for yourself. If you don't think you can tell the difference between a genius and normal person, I suppose you could ask me to point out the differences.

But if you do that, don't scream that I am bragging when I answer you, okay?

Again - stuff I really just don't have the inclination to bother with. YOU are the one who has made these claims; I simply questioned some of your opinions & beliefs with some of my own. Notice I did not use the word FACTS. You can preach 6 ways to Sunday regarding your genius, intelligence, smarts...whatever --- thus far it has not changed my mind. If anything, I believe that your continued posts are compounding the general concensus that, genius or not, you are as mixed up as the rest of us. We all got our quirks & for that, you'd think you could just ACCEPT your genius lot in life and get on with living.

The same way Joe Schmoe accepts his diabetes; or Suzi Q accepts her dwarfism; or how I accept my Sjogren's & inability to have children.

You have missed the mark by being obsessed with anyone here (or out there in the real world too?) not understanding your plight. I don't waste time anymore explaining why I don't have kids. It doesn't matter to me anymore & it never mattered to others! And Joe Schmoe isn't gonna waste his air crying to the world about his condition either - do you see a pattern here?!? For the love of Christmas, recite the Serenity Prayer already!!!

YOU are choosing to be lonely because you are choosing to believe you can only be compatible with someone in your league. Please. Get some in-depth counseling. And not from your pal the genius shrink. Get it from a person who interacts with everyone - not just "your kind".

Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahutch View Post
Phoenix:

Dang girl, sounds like you need to stop worrying about compatibility for a while and just need to get laid! So yeah, call me up.

Let me know how that line works for ya

Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,654,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Yes i have met my intellectual equal. But JeepGirl refuses to marry me!
Did I miss that post? Was I busy babbling on and on in some thread when you asked?

Again. I miss all the good stuff.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Name one instance where I attempted to CONVINCE anyone of my genius.

There have been none.

I did not do that.

If you say so.

She_Was, my curiosity is why you care so much about what unattached online entities think of you. You spend so much time typing up your long-winded, grandiose posts - which are so monotonous now that I only read every 3-4 lines of them because much of what you type now is just sing-song, a bunch of garbled mish-mosh. You have set yourself up for the response you have received here, I see you have a knack for it. I actually feel a bit sorry for you, you seem to have some issues with socializing - which is your own doing, you seem to be so bent on setting yourself apart. You do not allow yourself room for anyone to empathize with you due to your robotic and unnatural state of mind. Act a little more human and the pendulum will swing in a different direction.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM

746 posts, read 2,176,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
If you say so.

She_Was, my curiosity is why you care so much about what unattached online entities think of you. You spend so much time typing up your long-winded, grandiose posts - which are so monotonous now that I only read every 3-4 lines of them because much of what you type now is just sing-song, a bunch of garbled mish-mosh. You have set yourself up for the response you have received here, I see you have a knack for it. I actually feel a bit sorry for you, you seem to have some issues with socializing - which is your own doing, you seem to be so bent on setting yourself apart. You do not allow yourself room for anyone to empathize with you due to your robotic and unnatural state of mind. Act a little more human and the pendulum will swing in a different direction.
Ok, this is what you guys don't seem to get. People with an extremely high IQ tend to have social issues. They don't get how to communicate in quite the same way as everyone else. Think of an autistic savant type person. Granted, that is an extreme example, but it illustrates the mentality of the highly intelligent personality. I'm not quite a genius, but I have had those issues somewhat myself. When I am in a work mode I tend to be very brusque and abrupt, I forget things like social niceties. My husband is often described as being arrogant and unfeeling when he is simply talking how he feels comfortable. He uses big words and is very technical because that is how he thinks, not because he is trying to show off. That is just who he is and other people don't get that. I can see this is as being even more of an issue with someone with a higher genius IQ. So maybe instead of criticizing this person, you could try to see things from how they see it.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
Ok, this is what you guys don't seem to get. People with an extremely high IQ tend to have social issues. They don't get how to communicate in quite the same way as everyone else. Think of an autistic savant type person. Granted, that is an extreme example, but it illustrates the mentality of the highly intelligent personality. I'm not quite a genius, but I have had those issues somewhat myself. When I am in a work mode I tend to be very brusque and abrupt, I forget things like social niceties. My husband is often described as being arrogant and unfeeling when he is simply talking how he feels comfortable. He uses big words and is very technical because that is how he thinks, not because he is trying to show off. That is just who he is and other people don't get that. I can see this is as being even more of an issue with someone with a higher genius IQ. So maybe instead of criticizing this person, you could try to see things from how they see it.
No can do. That path to my understanding was jilted a few posts ago. Result of a lesser IQ. She'll have to understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships