Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:19 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

funymann - I just believe that it's very shady for any married forum member to NOT put that into their profile. Ut's just plain dishonest and misleading, especially when they hang out in the Relationship section and/or flirt with the female members.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:38 AM

391 posts, read 872,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I wont buy flats, hate them. And a 1" heel will solve 1 date, but I won't keep wearing the same shoes. It's a temporary solution. I have these new cute knee high boots in both brown and black that go with a couple new babydoll dress outfits, those are 2-3/4 heels, cant even wear those outfits out with him because I will look like a total dork if I wear flats with them. I'm not going to go buy a whole new wardrobe to date this guy. I just bought this years Fall/Winter wardrobe.

Seems like you do not want opinions because you are unwilling to bend. My husband and I are about the same height actually I am 3/4 of an inch taller. I have worn 3 inch heels. He loves it. He had no issue with height, maybe this guy doesn't either. Be mature. Either get new shoes or enjoy your boots. I am sure he will find it all very sexy. If he is important to you already you will either buy new shoes or just enjoy the ones you have. If he does not like you in heels maybe he will reject you. 2nd date come on it's not like wedding bells or love

Old 10-10-2008, 10:45 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
F...?

Forgive me for not being upfront with you. I only said "I hate you" as a joking way. Sorry, my friend and I always goof around alot by getting a good slam once in a while on each other and when I get a good one on him he says that. Sorry I didn't mean it in a really bad way. I have gotten past our spat.

Sorry bout the "bomb" thingy. K?

Know what makes a tall man seem shorter than any other man in the world? Dishonesty. Would not have been so bad if your wife was not spoken to me as your "ex girlfriend," misleading me for almost 3 weeks. But you know what? You taught me a huge lesson on "height." Still love taller men, but I believe I may be a little more open-minded in the future. Thank you - because I grew from the experience, most certainly I forgive you. I just hope you learned a lesson about yourself and from the situation too.

And Chey, if you read the thread, the guy had issues with women taller than him. If you read the thread you would also have seen it isn't a HEEL thing, it's an ATTRACTION thing. Some women, like myself, are attracted to taller men - barefooted or not. In addition, this guy is an OLD subject. I'll be more mature if you are more thorough in the future, deal? Thanks for your two cents though.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:46 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,224 times
Too..... much..... drama....

Can't we all just be friends? Group hug!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:48 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Seems like you do not want opinions because you are unwilling to bend. My husband and I are about the same height actually I am 3/4 of an inch taller. I have worn 3 inch heels. He loves it. He had no issue with height, maybe this guy doesn't either. Be mature. Either get new shoes or enjoy your boots. I am sure he will find it all very sexy. If he is important to you already you will either buy new shoes or just enjoy the ones you have. If he does not like you in heels maybe he will reject you. 2nd date come on it's not like wedding bells or love
Ultimately, his height wasn't the only issue that bothered her. His height just happened to be what she noticed first.

When someone isn't compatible enough for us, we all tend to notice the other smaller faults as reasons for not being with them. What if she had said that she didn't like the way he laughed? And so what if she didn't make it to a second date? I usually know before the first date that a guy isn't going to be right for me. Most dates are several hours long, and any motivated person can conduct a full relationship interview within that amount of time. As it is, the more dates you go on, the harder it is to break things off quickly and gracefully because the other person is probably getting more enthused about the relationship with every date more that they go on.

So the first date didn't inspire any real romantic feelings for JeepGirl118 and she broke it off. No biggie. And better sooner, and not wasting anymore time for either of them. And if this guy is relaxed and confident enough to ask a stranger at a car wash, then he won't have a problem asking another girl out. Right? I just don't think that this car wash guy is worth so much defending.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Therapy for height differences? As I mentioned in the post above, I was with my ex husband for 20 years who was 6'1, new to dating - my ex was the only man I had ever been with - I feel totally awkward as it is being in the company of new men - and the height difference makes it feel even more awkward. A therapist cannot help with that. I am solely seeking out opinions of those who have been in my shoes (no pun) - and "how" they got over it. I mean. the guy has already stated that as long as my shoes do not get any taller, he is fine with it. But I am not willing to compromise who I am (and I realize that there are way too many people in this world that do not incorporate 'who they are' in their wardrobe and clothes and shoes have no importance, those are the opinions I am not seeking) - but to change out my wardrobe and all shoes - is to compromise myself - to change who I am for a man? This height thing is more trouble than its worth. I am starting to feel like the man who prefers skinny and petite - who found a great woman who is fat, but is having a hard time dealing with it and feeling like a heel because of it. I may have to walk away from this one.
I think you have already made your decision and you can't get over a phobia on a forum. Either buck up and get some flats or put on your heels and stand tall. If he has a problem then he will make the decision for you. Height should not be an issue.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I think you have already made your decision and you can't get over a phobia on a forum. Either buck up and get some flats or put on your heels and stand tall. If he has a problem then he will make the decision for you. Height should not be an issue.

Oh my gawsh, please Chey, "buck up" and please keep up to date on the thread and not hash up old junk. The thread is so far beyond and over all that. The guy is gone, done-dada, I have dated new men since. Please, stop rehashing and read all (and the end result) before responding.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks for that, I like what you offered. After having been with my ex-husband for 20 years, the only man I had ever been with, I am still trying to figure out what my preferences and deal breakers are. I am only learning as I go along. I haven't had even 6 months to know that being with a shorter man could bother me so much. Up to this point that I have been dating, I have been on dates with men 6'+. So again, I have not had years upon years like some who have dated various types, to know exactly what I will or will not make concessions on. I'm like a newborn baby into the dating world right now. Last date I had before my husband, I was 15 (and that was to the movies with a kiss on the cheek) - so when I said above to that guy who asked if I am 17 - well, YES - I feel like I am 15 again exploring what it is that I like. It bites to have to explore all of this at 37. I do not know what I "exactly" prefer like another 37 year old woman who may have dated for the past few years and knows what she does and does not want by actual experience. You know?
My first husband of 14 years was 6'2" two years after that divorced I was married to a man 5'5" and I am just a tweek under 5'6". The horizontal mombo clinched the deal/

Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,224 times
Group hug!!!!! Stop it!!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I think any woman who is taller than average (approaching 6 ft) gets noticed a bit more. I am not self conscious but I do notice that other people seem to notice (I hope that makes sense). I think it would be worse if I appeared taller than DH...I am tall enough now and that would add even more attention...KWIM? I guess I am saying, for me it is about scale....LOL.

How tall are you?

If this is how you really feel, and the height is deal breaker then just break it off now. You don't have to mention the reason....no need to have 2 insecure people...

+1 Funniest thing I heard all day.

OK, second funniest, but still the funniest thing I have heard here today.

how true... I saw her light bulb come on. hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships