Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,737 times

Advertisements

Can't really talk about height as being a big problem for women that I've dated.

Of course, I'm 6'2".

Old 10-06-2008, 03:32 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,655,172 times
WHOOOOAAAAAAA - EVERYONE - HOLD UP! LOL

I JUST became SINGLE AFTER 20 YEARS. Geez. The ink just dried on my papers!

Let a woman be single for a while and explore WHAT SHE WANTS, EH???

Maybe in a year I'll end up marrying a Circus Midget. Geesh - who knows?!

I just want to be single for a while and find out what I like and want again in a man.

I'm just looking for "Mr Right Now" - for now. Not Mr Right. Not yet.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:35 PM

uhhh.... I don't know what you are talking about.

Then again, I didn't read half of the posts.... maybe I should....

Old 10-06-2008, 03:36 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,405,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Or it was you... and she didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you the truth. What guy wants to hear that he's too short, or has bad breath or teeth, or an annoying laugh? If the magic isn't there, than it just isn't. And in the beginning of a relationship is when you get the most magic possible, after that, it's all downhill.
Well it is always possible it is something HE did but in this case jeepgirl is being super super......SUPER picky.I mean she said he was wonderful blah blah blah but just because he is the same height as her she had issues,and because of how she looks with him in clothes none the less.

We all have likes and dislikes and deal breakers but man, how you look in clothes with him?,c'mon.

But the fact that she just got out of a one time relationship speaks,she is right not to jump into anything I think.The fact that that guy did talk about not wanting to live alone IS good grounds for her to break up with him.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well it is always possible it is something HE did but in this case jeepgirl is being super super......SUPER picky.I mean she said he was wonderful blah blah blah but just because he is the same height as her she had issues,and because of how she looks with him in clothes none the less.

We all have likes and dislikes and deal breakers but man, how you look in clothes with him?,c'mon.

But the fact that she just got out of a one time relationship speaks,she is right not to jump into anything I think.The fact that that guy did talk about not wanting to live alone IS good grounds for her to break up with him.

Mmmmm, yes, that was scary.

I would say I come off as picky, but I just don't know what I want exactly until I am through this stage. I may have even placed some so-called psychological barriers in place to keep myself "arms length" from men at this time to hop out of things as to not get involved too deeply. I'm aware of that. I do not want a man "to grow with me" as I grow through this, because I do not want to hurt a man by "outgrowing him" as I do go through this. Does that make any sense? Maybe that is an elaborate way of saying - rebound? I do try to stay in touch with what is going on inside my head.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:44 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,213,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
WHOOOOAAAAAAA - EVERYONE - HOLD UP! LOL

I JUST became SINGLE AFTER 20 YEARS. Geez. The ink just dried on my papers!

Let a woman be single for a while and explore WHAT SHE WANTS, EH???

Maybe in a year I'll end up marrying a Circus Midget. Geesh - who knows?!

I just want to be single for a while and find out what I like and want again in a man.

I'm just looking for "Mr Right Now" - for now. Not Mr Right. Not yet.
A/S/L/Height?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:46 PM

In the end, who cares if she is being picky. We can't control what bothers us and what doesn't... if height is a big issue for her, then that's just how it is and she has the right to walk away. Same thing for the clothes thing.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:48 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,191,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The fact that that guy did talk about not wanting to live alone IS good grounds for her to break up with him.
I agree with this part.

And certainly no one is perfect, but if the love and affection is there, then the minor flaws are covered up and unnoticeable. So being bothered by his height probably was a subliminal warning sign that this guy was not her Prince Charming. There are several psych studies where it was shown that people are kinder about evaluating how others look when they have a bond with them such as being a friend or a co-worker. But when shown pictures of a complete stranger, they were much more critical of their appearance.

I think that as JeepGirl118 experiences the acquaintances and friendships of more men, she will better be able to know what her perfect imperfect guy should be. And maybe her future Mr. Right will be a man her same height in bare feet just because everything else about him just clicked with her.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 PM

There is actually one man here on CD who is under 5'10 whose mind I am MAJORLY attracted to - and he is very handsome.

Just adore reading his stuff. :::wiggles brows:::

I may not be a total hopeless case. I'm not saying who though.

Going to the movies with my son now - bye!

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 10-06-2008 at 04:11 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 PM

139 posts, read 724,083 times
I am just under 5' 10"... a lot of guys are shorter than I am. I do not care about height but I did when I was a younger. I still regret passing up a really nice guy in grad school because he was too short. Maybe I'd be with him today if I hadn't passed him up and the ONLY reason I passed him up was due to his height. He was hilarious, sweet, kind, and I passed him up because of his height. Stupid!!!

I'm already telling my daughters not to care about a guy's height. Look at his heart, mind, and libido (well I haven't told them the last part yet).

Go for the short guys!! They are often sweeter and kinder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.