Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:13 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
I too am in my late 40's and childless. Almost a decade of surgeries & infertility treatments for both me & my husband....only to wind up a widow anyway.
It sucks, sorry to hear that.

FYI - Look on a dating site for widowers, they are out there....you just never know. It's my personal experience that women are just flat out scared of widowers vs the other types of categories (single, divorced) so you just might find some guy being ignored off in a corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 10:26 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi9 View Post
I am no stranger to raising children. In my family I have often been the child magnet and designated all day babysitter, yes in sickness and in health. Plus I have taught elementary school children and run after school and summer camp programs. I appreciate your thoughts, but please don't make assumptions. I am not tired, per se. I am tired of the hustle and bustle, and the interpersonal superficiality, of NYC life. I am sure that I am called to be a parent; it is time for me to stop putting it off. Enough said.
Ah so. You have been well indoctrinated at the altar of the Child. I'm sure you will do well then. Called to be a parent? Thank goodness whomever did the calling didn't have my phone number. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-05-2008, 07:29 AM

456 posts, read 1,396,873 times
"Indoctrinated?" There we go with those assumptions again. lol. If you only knew...

What is happening to this forum?

Old 10-05-2008, 08:22 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
"Indoctrinated?" There we go with those assumptions again. lol. If you only knew...

What is happening to this forum?
Intelligent discourse by persons with differing points of view perhaps? i.e. conversation!

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-05-2008, 08:36 AM

Making unfounded assumptions does not qualify as intelligent discourse, although it might be considered conversation.

Do you have anything intelligent to add to this conversation, meaning the original topic? The whole point of a forum is to discuss the issue or topic at hand, not to personally attack the op.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:48 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Making unfounded assumptions does not qualify as intelligent discourse, although it might be considered conversation.

Do you have anything intelligent to add to this conversation, meaning the original topic? The whole point of a forum is to discuss the issue or topic at hand, not to personally attack the op.
Actually you were the one off topic with your cyber-bully diatribe. If someone disagrees with you, you seem to think they are attacking you. The question was about you. We don't know you. Will some the answers be assumptions? Of Course! Instead of asking,"do you have anything intelligent to add to this conversation?" why not be grateful so many members took the time to respond to your question?

Just so you don't accuse me of going off topic, my answer to your question is still, "no."

Old 10-05-2008, 10:06 AM

And my answer to you has not changed: You are entitled to YOUR opinion.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:08 AM

I am grateful to the cd members who took the time to offer thoughtful, well-reasoned opinions. It is not a matter of offering diverse opinions. This is welcome. But I will never concede to those in our community who are disrespectful.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,491 times
It is too late. You want a kid with Downs?

Old 10-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Movie Lover, thanks but you came in late on the conversation. I have not said that I want to or need to have a child biologically. In this thread, we have discussed many different choices, such as adoption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships