Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:28 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times

Advertisements

I think dating is tough for a woman, but it goes beyond these superficial, trivial issues. I read somewhere that at heart, men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them. Never underestimate how difficult it is for us to let down our guard with someone new, even if we've been flirting on and off for a while. Safety is a huge issue, and an extremely important one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 10:39 AM

513 posts, read 1,581,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Whaaaat?????? And women are supposed to ENJOY being with fat beer-guzzling slobs? I don't THINK so.
well, women are more attracted to fat beer-guzzling slobs that some of you might realize.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:41 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
well, women are more attracted to fat beer-guzzling slobs that some of you might realize.
Well, those women don't live where I do. Honestly. Who would want someone like that? Ugh.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:16 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,863 times
Dating is easy for women. I've never known a woman in my life that has been single for longer than 4 months. At the same time, most guys I know have had at least one spell of singledom for years.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:02 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,792,339 times
In the past women generally had to be more attractive in order to score the man that earned more. However, now with women also working I think women have shifted the requirement of men from income to attraction. So, these days I think men and women both seek the most attractive partners that they can get and income is not such a high criteria.

I think it is extremely easy for a woman to get a boyfriend because there is just so much supply to choose from and men generally don't have very high requirements because all many are looking for initially is just sex.... I think it's much harder for a woman to KEEP a guy for the long term and possibly marry him. Men generally are averse to making permanent commitments.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
Yes dating is rough for the high quality relationship orientated women. Like somebody else said, men pretty much want sex and will say anything to have some sex. So weeding out the losers from the winners is pretty tough.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
men have to have good enough stable enough income, good-look, all the "loyalty" "sense of humor" crap and everything else. I don't think it's unfair for men to ask a tiny bit in return from women in the form of physical appearance.
Beautifully worded.

Someone who got pi$$ed up above didn't read your whole post, it said that if you match all of the attributes that are required of you, then you can ask the same in return.

I saw the word "rough" and "women" in the thread name, so I jumped on it.

Is it rough for a woman to date? Don't know.

Now: have I dated rough women? If that includes heterosexual tomboys (oxymoron, maybe?), then that's actually rough on men...and I can't get away fast enough.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
By tomboy do you mean really masculine women?

I don't know what kind of man would want a masculine woman...seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Beautifully worded.

Someone who got pi$$ed up above didn't read your whole post, it said that if you match all of the attributes that are required of you, then you can ask the same in return.

I saw the word "rough" and "women" in the thread name, so I jumped on it.

Is it rough for a woman to date? Don't know.

Now: have I dated rough women? If that includes heterosexual tomboys (oxymoron, maybe?), then that's actually rough on men...and I can't get away fast enough.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:04 PM

330 posts, read 1,314,390 times
It is harder for women on some levels. A man has more choices. He can ask a woman out or he can online date. A woman can ask a man out. But, men say they like be in charge and call the shots. Or, they feel they are put on the spot. Don't you think women feel put on the spot when a man she is not interested asks her out? Duh....! For that reason, a woman can only online date. I used to talk to men I was interested in, they didn't ask me out. So, to me it is about the man and what he wants. Very one-sided.

Then you get the men who choose to date women with children from previous marriages or relationships. They have enough baggage to fill an airport. It comes with the territory. But, she is worth it right? He wants to marry her? Instant family. Just add H20 and stir. We child-free women are out here. But instead of appreciating it, they ask us why we aren't married or have children. Like, if something is wrong with us. I tell them there is more to life than popping out babies you can't afford.

I met a man at a church function. He said his 13 year old stepson is a handful. I told him that was who he wanted to marry. He shrugged. He told me he walked down the stairs and watched his stepson leave with his uncle in his truck. Apparently, he called his uncle to come take him for the weekend. He didn't ask or tell anyone. Disrespectful, don't you think? But, it is worth it because his wife is so fine. Give me a break. People marry and have children young and want to try it again a 2nd or 3d time. But, I don't feel children are an asset in a relationship. More of a liability. Once, a man told me he only dates women with children. Because he is a father himself and it works out better that way. If that is what we as a society has come to, that is sad. Many men think all women have children. The more beautiful the woman, the more likely she is to be a mother. Says who?

Last edited by Texasturkey; 10-04-2008 at 07:26 PM..

Old 10-04-2008, 07:22 PM

873 posts, read 1,589,000 times
The dating game is nuts. I try not to date unless some guy really catches my attention. But I'll take all the friends I can get.

The best "dates" to me are those that begin as a friendship. That way you have the options of keeping it there, or taking it a step further to see what happens. But friendships take time and most men don't want to wait that long. They either try to hurry you into something you aren't ready for, or they don't hurry you and find someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships