Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 11:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
And why should you, manicured townhome complex behind gates and an unobstructed view of sunsets and the Tanque Verde Mountains... Life is good,
Whow, whow, whow...

First, my neighborhood is not gated. Second, I get my sunset views only in front; in the back I have to be in a particular corner of my 13x13 patio squeezed between the grill and the wall. Third, there are no Tanque Verde Mountains. And fourth and actually important, for about half of my life here I've lived in apartments and still didn't think my neighbors were psychos. Well, perhaps some of them had connections with the car thieves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
What's hard for guys is we gotta be a breadwinner and make the moves on women. But how hard is dating for women? I guess it'll vary for 3 categories - the pretty, the avg looking, and the ugly.

I guess the pretty have it easy because they'll be in demand, but the problem is creeps or losers that hit on you or maybe womanizer that just treat you as a piece of meat for sex? Let's hear your stories!

Avg looking, harder to get a good man? What else? Men can be so focused on looks and pass you over. What other problems?[/SIZE]

Being ugly seems kinda hopeless, unless you team up with an equally ugly man. Unless you're a sugarmomma who can "buy" a man. Let's hear your stories!

It's funny, even an ugly guy can get a pretty woman if he's rich.

What else is hard for women in the dating scene?
Speaking as a guy, I can only repeat what I've heard other women say. So many things can potentially be held against you. Your age, race, height, weight, whether you have children including how old or how many, whether you've been married before and, if so, how many times. But I also think women bear a lot of responsibility for how rough their dating lives are. First, how high are your standards? Just as men rule out women based on a number of criteria, women rule out men as well. I know a woman in her 40s who complains about her dating life and how men consider her too old. But she rules out men over 40 or men who have children. Then you have women who only go for the tall, good-looking men and ignore the average looking guys. Too often, those really attractive men are either already taken or they're players. The other problem is that the idea that men are expected to pursue. If you're one of those women waiting to meet Mr. Right to ask you out, you might be waiting a long time. Meanwhile, some other woman might take the initiative and go after him.

In general, dating is rough for both sexes. For all the talk about how an ugly guy can get a girl if he has money or how an older man can still be attractive while an older women may get passed over for younger women, the truth is that men have it rough too. Nowadays, we're under pressure to look good too. Why do you think men go to the gym? It's not for our health.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:34 PM

311 posts, read 916,101 times
Default If this is EASY, I dont want HARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Dating is easy for women. I've never known a woman in my life that has been single for longer than 4 months. At the same time, most guys I know have had at least one spell of singledom for years.
I have been single 8 + yrs now. Didnt date anyone for the first 4 yrs out of choice, it took me that long to work through the issues from my 24+yrs marriage exploding in my face. I have dated at various times, but most of the men I have met are looking for mainly sex. The last guy..over a year ago I was really falling hard for. He lived nearby, was close to my age, we had allot in common...dated steady for 3 mos..then one day I got a "dear Jane" email and that was it....no warning, no reason why. Lost my taste for the whole deal pretty much at that point. I am not ruling it out, but I am not going to worry about it if I end up spending my days alone. I am really good company!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Good for you Jody Rose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
I have been single 8 + yrs now. Didnt date anyone for the first 4 yrs out of choice, it took me that long to work through the issues from my 24+yrs marriage exploding in my face. I have dated at various times, but most of the men I have met are looking for mainly sex. The last guy..over a year ago I was really falling hard for. He lived nearby, was close to my age, we had allot in common...dated steady for 3 mos..then one day I got a "dear Jane" email and that was it....no warning, no reason why. Lost my taste for the whole deal pretty much at that point. I am not ruling it out, but I am not going to worry about it if I end up spending my days alone. I am really good company!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Why do you think men go to the gym? It's not for our health.
Oh, that I know! Most men don't need fancy houses, cars, clothes... you name it... If it weren't for impressing women, you guys could have a pretty darn simple life eating your pizza and drinking your beer (or whatever your poisons of choice are) in front of the big-screen TV.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:04 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Whow, whow, whow...

First, my neighborhood is not gated. Second, I get my sunset views only in front; in the back I have to be in a particular corner of my 13x13 patio squeezed between the grill and the wall. Third, there are no Tanque Verde Mountains. And fourth and actually important, for about half of my life here I've lived in apartments and still didn't think my neighbors were psychos. Well, perhaps some of them had connections with the car thieves...
You know my "what S-Az" is like contribution was a little bit off the mark, per your report!

Pretty good for only having driven through on 10 trying to make LA the next morning and taking a quick circle around U of A to see how their campus was laid out.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:44 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,832,058 times
I consider myself fairly attractive and the only men whoever like me are men without jobs, money and homes. Also rednecks and alcoholics. I can't even find a date in Tampa, at least not yet.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
move outta there woman.... to a city with high culture and class.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I consider myself fairly attractive and the only men whoever like me are men without jobs, money and homes. Also rednecks and alcoholics. I can't even find a date in Tampa, at least not yet.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:55 PM

I know, I am a D.C. girl, so you can imagine. I am trying to move to St. Pete or Sarasota. I feel so different in those cities than Tampa. I will keep you posted!

Old 10-07-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
What's hard for guys is we gotta be a breadwinner and make the moves on women. But how hard is dating for women? I guess it'll vary for 3 categories - the pretty, the avg looking, and the ugly.

I guess the pretty have it easy because they'll be in demand, but the problem is creeps or losers that hit on you or maybe womanizer that just treat you as a piece of meat for sex? Let's hear your stories!

Avg looking, harder to get a good man? What else? Men can be so focused on looks and pass you over. What other problems?[/SIZE]

Being ugly seems kinda hopeless, unless you team up with an equally ugly man. Unless you're a sugarmomma who can "buy" a man. Let's hear your stories!

It's funny, even an ugly guy can get a pretty woman if he's rich.

What else is hard for women in the dating scene?
Well believe it or not, every guy I have dated, I had to pay and I am serious. Isn't that sad? I think maybe one time I had a guy take me to dinner and pay back in the 90's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships